Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Dior Fahrenheit poor sillage and longevity.

I bet it's the curse of the IFRA regulations as a lot of fragrances now are weak and a shadow of themselves. Best to avoid bottles made recently and go for the old stuff if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I bet it's the curse of the IFRA regulations as a lot of fragrances now are weak and a shadow of themselves. Best to avoid bottles made recently and go for the old stuff if at all possible.
    I don't think it is all due to IFRA regulations. I am afraid that they are watering down fragrences to cut costs and make more profit. And as long as people like me buying a bottle of Fahrenheit, keep buying it they will continue to keep watering it down. They simply have no respect for the consumer.

LVMH and Dior should just care for Eau Sauvage and Fahrenheit.
    They are not made for profits, but for real men who care for its tradition, history and value.

Up to now, there has never been a big difference between the vintage version and the newest version.

People that claim the reformulated version has nothing to do with the vintage version have no idea (Sorry to say this, but they are just ignorants to me).

The IFRA is not alone in this reformulation, but also the strategy of Dior and LVMH.
    Mostly, the reformulation is dependent on consumers.
    If consumers donīt want heavy fragrances, the company is willing to reformulate, otherwise those fragrances are not sold well---> discontinued in the worst scenario.

Dior has a great inhouse perfumer. Letīs hope that he will do a good work for ES and Fahrenheit.

That's exactly what I think whenever I read those "vintage or nothing!!!" reviews. I don't care that the new stuff doesn't fill a hangar with cloud of smell, but I do want a 2 feet projection that lasts at least 6 hours. The smell is absolutely amazing and it could easily become my signature smell, but 3 hour longevity is just horrible. Oh well, I've got to scout my local perfume shops and hope I can find one of the older bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Uhm... wow. Poor longevity? Poor sillage? From FAHRENHEIT?

I finally picked up Fahrenheit a few months ago. Sillage and longevity are both excellent. I love the stuff.
    +1 Recent purchase in 2012...cannot complain about the Sillage and longevity
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
    I don't think it is all due to IFRA regulations. I am afraid that they are watering down fragrences to cut costs and make more profit. And as long as people like me buying a bottle of Fahrenheit, keep buying it they will continue to keep watering it down. They simply have no respect for the consumer.
    Agree on the first part : not all due to IFRA.

On the watering down part to cut on cost and make more profit, I wonder if that really makes sense : there was a very interesting post (you can still find it I'm sure) showing that the juice by itself represents the smaller part of the price of a fragrance bottle (if memory serves, it was something like 3-5%).
    Keeping that in mind, it seems rather risky and counter productive to water down the fragrance just to save on cost...

Unlike a New Release, Fahrenheit has already Recognition...doesn't need as much advertising...so it should be already one of the most profitable fragrances for Dior.

Now, if there was a particular ingredient becoming too costly...that's something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Temptation View Post
    LVMH and Dior should just care for Eau Sauvage and Fahrenheit.
    They are not made for profits, but for real men who care for its tradition, history and value.

Up to now, there has never been a big difference between the vintage version and the newest version.

People that claim the reformulated version has nothing to do with the vintage version have no idea (Sorry to say this, but they are just ignorants to me).

The IFRA is not alone in this reformulation, but also the strategy of Dior and LVMH.
    Mostly, the reformulation is dependent on consumers.
    If consumers donīt want heavy fragrances, the company is willing to reformulate, otherwise those fragrances are not sold well---> discontinued in the worst scenario.

Dior has a great inhouse perfumer. Letīs hope that he will do a good work for ES and Fahrenheit.
    IMHO that seems more logical ... Perhaps today's taste is calling for less heavy fragrances...Safer ones...Easier to wear & more versatile...Hence the current lighter Fahrenheit.

i went to a store and sprayed it on my jacket i believe it lasted for like 3 days

Spray more sprays

I own a 200 ml version of the 2010-2011 formulation, and I get easily 8-10 solid hours from it.

I think it must be a case of olfactory fatique or eBay fakes to be honest.

This is why you should never:

1. Buy perfume on Ebay - because you never know......
    2. Use a signature scent - because YOU WILL get olfactory fatique from it
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
    I have got a small 2010 bottle which has excellent sillage and longevity and I got a 2013 bottle which is much weaker.
    Vintage 1998 vs 2012 are pretty close for me. Vintage has a little more oomph, but honestly an extra spray or two of the new one pretty much makes it up.

Vintage by a hair, but I'll probably buy only new bottles going forward.

They're both totally rewarding.

Maybe it's fatigue, maybe poor chemistry? Have you tried it on clothing as well as skin?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

I purchased this fragrance from the local PX a year or two ago and sold mine for the very same reason. It smelled a lot more of a green smell and less gasoline than I remember it having. Certainly not a projection monster. My experience was that of the OP. 3-4 hours max.