Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Default What's the darkest scent that you know? And with dark I mean SUPER-DARK!!!

Since I am interested in perfumery I am on the search for the darkest, most evil and coldest perfume! I tried a lot of stuff that is considered dark like Encre Noire, Black Tourmaline, Norne, Fumidus, Messe de Minuit etc. etc., but all the perfumes were not even close to what I am looking for! Maybe such perfume doesn't even exist? The basenotes of real Oud come close to what I am looking for. Maybe some of you guys know a super-unknown insiders' tip that smells like a bone-filled dungeon in a medieval castle in the darkest night in the coldest winter!

Default Re: What's the darkest scent that you know? And with dark I mean SUPER-DARK!!!

Encre Noir by Lalique (women version) - it's dark...Poe's raven dark...

Default Re: What's the darkest scent that you know? And with dark I mean SUPER-DARK!!!

Perhaps Predator by Melfleurs

If i have understood the word dark correctly, then i'll throw in : Nasomatto Black Afgano (Parfum Extrait)
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Signature: Rochas Macassar (Nicolas Mamounas / Roger Pellegrino, 1980)

Current Top 7:

Chanel Antaeus (vtg) (Jaques Polge, 1981)
    Terre d' Hermes EDT (2006-2009) (Jean-Claude Ellena, 2006)
    Green Irish Tweed (Probably Oliver Creed / Pierre Bourdon, 1985)
    Eau de Rochas Pour Homme (Gilles Romey, 1993)
    Bleu de Chanel EDP (Jaques Polge, 2014)
    Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme (vtg) (Max Gavary, 1994)
    Chanel Allure Homme (vtg) (Jaques Polge, 1999)

The perfume should not have even the tiniest hint of sweetness, it should be extremely dry and maybe smoky.

Jacomo de Jacomo
    Salvatore Dali PH

Encre Noire IMO. Probably the darkest I have.

probable Encre Noir or Halston Man Amber

Maybe Le Labo Patchouli 24
    Currently wearing: Erolfa by Creed

Narciso Rodriguez For Him Eau De Parfum Intense.

Seconding Salvador Dali

Also, G Man by Gainsboro- one of the darkest, almost choking, tarry-leathery scents I was ever given the opportunity to try.

Vero Profumo - Onda
    The extrait version.

Basenotes Plus

Boadicia Complex

Another vote for Salvatore Dali PH.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

One that immediately springs to mind is Villoresi Patchouli, It has been described by a previous reviewer as 'cave' and I think that is appropriate. Another which I have in my collection and fully endorse is Or Black by Pascal Morabito.

Dark aoud by Montale

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Want some really dark and black? Try "Dirty English" by Juicy Couture.

Jacomo de Jacomo or Versace Man.

Your description is rather Gothic, and for me one company springs to mind - Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab.

Omen and Nyarlahotep spring to mind, but the site is stuffed full of scents that would be right up your street.

Quote Originally Posted by hoschhti View Post
    The perfume should not have even the tiniest hint of sweetness, it should be extremely dry and maybe smoky.
    Montale Dark Aoud and Black Aoud with added concentration have little sweetness and are bone dry and make me feel like in smothering in feul. Way too dark and heavy.
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

Quote Originally Posted by LucasKane View Post
    Dark aoud by Montale
    +1. Dark Aoud. Beautifully dark.

+1 Encre Noire.

And Memoir Man by Amouage is quite dark. All great fragrances.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

4th vote for Salvador Dali pour homme
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

I find it strange how so few posters take the time to read the OP:

Quote Originally Posted by hoschhti View Post
    ...I tried a lot of stuff that is considered dark like Encre Noire, Black Tourmaline, Norne, Fumidus, Messe de Minuit etc. etc...

Blog Entries

Rose de Nuit or Serge Noire by Serge Lutens
    Currently wearing: cK one by Calvin Klein

Fahrenheit Absolut

M7 vintage
    Joseph Statkus

Tom Ford Black Orchid. Rich and without light florals or citrus.

Elegant. Like a tuxedo.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

+5 Salvador Dali

- - - Updated - - -

Salvador Dali

Most things from Slumberhouse, surprised you were not impressed by Norne. Never smelled anything as dark.

In the eerie/sinister department, you might want to check out
    Byredo M/Mink
    CB Black March
    L'Artisan Mchant Loup

You might also be looking for something very heavy and uncompromising like
    Villoresi Vetiver
    Santa Maria Novella Peau d'Espagne