Code of Conduct

Default Fusion Sacree - Lui by Majda Bekkali

A sample of this scent arrived in the mail sent anonymously. I'm guessing they wanted to know my thoughts. The nose is Bertrand Duchaufour. He is a talented nose which is always hit and miss to me. This one is a surprise hit. This really is one of the nicest boozy scents I've encountered. It's definitely FBW IMO. Great sillage and great longevity. Easily 4 stars with a reasonable price tag. $125.00 for 50ml. For an extra $50.00 you can have a 120ml bottle. Caution, this scent is quite addicting.

Whoever sent this to me - thank you very much - I enjoyed several days of being in heaven.

Luckyscent description:
    Fusion Sacree - Lui
    Eau de Parfum
    by Majda Bekkali

The Scoop
    L’Artisan’s Bertrand Duchaufour is the nose behind Fusion Sacreé for him, and his masterful hand has created a perfume so deep, warm and boozy-woody thick/sweet that our eyes rolled back in our heads and we started muttering incoherently. It opens with a flourish of opulent spices and a brush of lavender…but it’s quickly bowled over by an aged wooden cask of rum. It’s a big, bold frigate ship of a fragrance, its wild and unbridled boozy notes enriched by coffee, spiked by cloves, sweetened by vanilla & caramel, and touched with tuberose. Narcotic and emotional, if it were a color, it would be dark brown and resinous... slow-flowing and teeth-grindingly delicious.

Fusion Sacree - Lui Notes
    Rum, citron, celery, sweet orange, neroli, cardamom, lavender, davana, bergamot, white coffee, tuberose absolute, cloves, geranium, sweet william pear, liquorice, benzoin resinoid, opoponax resinoid, ambergris, cedar, sandalwood, vanilla, caramel and musk

Default Re: Fusion Sacree - Lui by Majda Bekkali

I enjoy many of Bertrand Duchaufour's creations.

Thebeck is calling...I'm ready

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Basenotes Plus

I recently received a sample of this fro LS. Your post makes me want to try it this evening. Thanks for the reminder.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for the review. I've been looking into sampling this along with the other not-female-specific Majda Bekkali fragrances..

This is an awesome scent. A more masculine version of Trayee to my nose
    Top ten

1. Patou Pour Homme
    2. Patou Pour Homme Prive
    3. Portrait of a lady
    4. Jubilation XXV
    5. Cashmere Oud
    6. Tribute Attar
    7. Ambre 114
    8. Clive Christian No. 1
    9. Jardin d Amalfi
    10. Eau de Patou Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Thebeck is calling...I'm ready
    me too
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

you had me at boozey scent

Thanks for the heads up and the mini review
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Basenotes Institution

News to me. Anyone else care to comment on it?
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Bekkali steady becomes my favorite perfume house with her Fusion Sacree and Songe. Her scents are quite well-made, complex, and multifaces. But not like Amouage, Bekkali scents are not too strong or heady, they are very enjoyable and wearable. Fusion Sacree is the best rum that I've owned. It smell rich, luxurious, manly ( not old ), and boozy. You can see the long notes, and Sacree smells so different on my skin each time I sniff. It smells like rum all the time, a special and high quality rum. It is so freshly sweet. It is lush floral. I myself can feel some dark and dry woody notes in Fusion Sacree. Ah, and the coffee note, bittersweet coffee, it is so nice and interesting. Fusion Sacree has great longervity and brilliant sillage. It doesn't hit right in-your-face, but always surround you, the whole day. Excellent perfume, reasonable price, and unique bottle design.

My first impressions of this one are also positive, will revert after further wearing.

Anyone know where I can buy a sample of this
    / LS seems to not be offering a sample of it.

Where to find a sample is right this one sounds really good

Quote Originally Posted by litworth View Post
    I received my sample from lucky scent. I called my order in and requested Lui.
    Top ten

1. Patou Pour Homme
    2. Patou Pour Homme Prive
    3. Portrait of a lady
    4. Jubilation XXV
    5. Cashmere Oud
    6. Tribute Attar
    7. Ambre 114
    8. Clive Christian No. 1
    9. Jardin d Amalfi
    10. Eau de Patou Pour Homme

I have to chime in with my agreement as to the quality of this scent. Its pure luxury for me. Its a warm, boozy scent with spicey(fairly mild) notes. The nose is BD again. There are parallels to be drawn against some of the scents of Frapin & Lubin. I believe its a winner and FBW. (My 2 cents)
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

This is such a unique fragrance and it hits me from different angles.

The opening is huge.

When I smell my shirt, I smell something very masculine.
    When I sniff my arm, I get something quite unisex with bubble gum.
    Very complex.

This is probably one of those perfumes that I will never figure out.
    I don't really love it, I certainly don't hate it.
    It's only generating question marks.

Quote Originally Posted by litworth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucansam View Post
    Where to find a sample is right this one sounds really good
    A sample can be found here if it cannot be gotten at Luckyscent: http://minnewyork.com/majda-bekkali-...e-for-him.html
    Last edited by hednic; 22nd May 2014 at 11:16 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Junkie

I was excited to try this one as I had read so many great reviews about it...I was almost at the point of blind buying it...and then I decided on a sample...THANK GOODNESS...I HATED this one...seriously hated it...I couldn't get it off of me for forever...it lasted and lasted and lasted and it was driving me crazy...this is quite possibly the worst frag I have ever got my nose on...whew it was a scrubber.

That being said, I'm not saying that people can't like or love the stuff, I just wanted to put out a warning...from a frequent blind buyer mind you...that this one is FAR from a safe blind buy. But for those of you that love it, great, as for me if I never smell it again I will be a very happy man. I was shocked that not only did I not like it but that I hated it...I was severely disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    A sample of this scent arrived in the mail sent anonymously. I'm guessing they wanted to know my thoughts. The nose is Bertrand Duchaufour. He is a talented nose which is always hit and miss to me. This one is a surprise hit. This really is one of the nicest boozy scents I've encountered. It's definitely FBW IMO. Great sillage and great longevity. Easily 4 stars with a reasonable price tag. $125.00 for 50ml. For an extra $50.00 you can have a 120ml bottle. Caution, this scent is quite addicting.

Whoever sent this to me - thank you very much - I enjoyed several days of being in heaven.

Luckyscent description:
    Fusion Sacree - Lui
    Eau de Parfum
    by Majda Bekkali

The Scoop
    L’Artisan’s Bertrand Duchaufour is the nose behind Fusion Sacreé for him, and his masterful hand has created a perfume so deep, warm and boozy-woody thick/sweet that our eyes rolled back in our heads and we started muttering incoherently. It opens with a flourish of opulent spices and a brush of lavender…but it’s quickly bowled over by an aged wooden cask of rum. It’s a big, bold frigate ship of a fragrance, its wild and unbridled boozy notes enriched by coffee, spiked by cloves, sweetened by vanilla & caramel, and touched with tuberose. Narcotic and emotional, if it were a color, it would be dark brown and resinous... slow-flowing and teeth-grindingly delicious.

Fusion Sacree - Lui Notes
    Rum, citron, celery, sweet orange, neroli, cardamom, lavender, davana, bergamot, white coffee, tuberose absolute, cloves, geranium, sweet william pear, liquorice, benzoin resinoid, opoponax resinoid, ambergris, cedar, sandalwood, vanilla, caramel and musk
    yes..but the bottle is revolting, IMO!