Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default SOTD Monday, February 11, 2013

Good morning!

I am wearing Serge Lutens Louve today.

Wish you all a good start to your week!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Default Re: SOTD Monday, February 11, 2013

Good Afternoon,

The weather can't decide whether it is snowing or sleeting here. Not impressed by either, though glad we aren't experiencing snow like *some*.

Guerlain Liù.

Wishing everyone a great start to the working week.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning, everyone. The wind is still blowing but we got lucky this time, not
    much snow only about 4 inches.

Wearing Chopard Casmir.

Have a great day!

The snow was there when I woke up but now
    it has gone!
    Ambre et Vanille is hitting the spot today.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

It's snowing!

(I beg your pardon, BNers affected by severe snowstorms, but I like so much my winter to be cold and snowy...)

Just sampling, today: an old, spicy friend, Alkemi by Laboratorio Olfattivo on left wrist, Dhjenné on the right one- I definitely can see why PG talked about an oasis: it's fresh and warm, watery (not aquatic!) and sandy mineral... Very interesting.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Yachting by Detaille

Smile Re: SOTD Monday, February 11, 2013

Eau de Toilette
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Bonjour!

Good morning everyone -

I'm in Chanel No19 for ballet, 70s parfum and 80s edt.

Y'all have a great day, and Happy Lundi Gras! Proteus and Orpheus roll tonight!

So sorry I missed your special day, but Happy Belated Anniversary, PLady! I hope it was terribly wonderful and romantic, and just filled with heavenly fragrance.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

What I've Been Wearing:

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Caldey Island Lavender this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Good morning, good smelling people. Today is the reason people are snowbirds and come to FL in the winter. All weekend, really. So very beautiful, near 80F at the top of the day and blue sky with gorgeous clouds.

Today wearing Reglisse Noire over coconut body lotion. Odd combination, wasn't thinking about the coconut when I picked the Reglisse, it just fit this outfit so well. Not entirely sure about how I feel about the result, it isn't bad, just odd. I am quite sure someone who didn't like coconut or licorice would run from me, screaming, though...

Pure Malt

Just had my worst exam ever!
    I feel powerless today

Oh Lucas, I'm so sorry, I know that terrible feeling. Often it's not as bad as you imagine. Wish I could give you a hug!

I've got 5 days til I leave for vacation and about a months worth of work to do by then. I'm in Cologne pour le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian and sometimes I feel like I can't smell it anymore, and other times I get a huge whiff and love it. Odd.

Blog Entries

lucasai, you may have done better than you think! Shake it off and try to enjoy the rest of the day.

SotD is Demeter Gingerale.

We are all home today, a day to recover.

When my husband drove out to buy more gas for the snowblower last evening, he got stuck 4 times and had to be pushed by helpful strangers. Even on the streets that were plowed, snow still covers the pavement, and now there is there is freezing rain coming down on top of it.

All in all, it's a good day to stay off the streets.

Hello all. JHAG Citizen Queen.
    DONNA

Starting my day with Cuir de Lancome this AM. Enjoy your Monday everyone!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

(((Lucasai)))

Cannot find the right SotD. I've scrubbed twice. Weird. I'm mostly sorta in Bond No. 9's ILNY for Mothers.

Fragonard ~ Zizanie

Joining Cello in wearing Cuir de Lancome this evening.

Blog Entries

Good evening!

(((Lucasai)))

Q, you need more Shalimar!

lt's snowed thickly here today but it didn't stick around.
    SOTD was L'Instant, now testing Ladamo by O'Driu, which is an enormously potent celery bomb! Definitely not my thing.

Have a great week, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Good evening!
    Q, you need more Shalimar!
    Well ... I wasn't going to say anything until Friday (Synchronization Guerlain), but thanks to your wee nudge, I bought this yesterday. The auction seller said she'd had this in a drawer for 20 years and recalled spraying it only once. The juice is much lighter colored than similar items being sold, so it looks very well preserved, and the seller has high positive feedback. So, as long as everything goes right with shipping, my $23.49 purchase is likely to be here by Friday.

Any Shalimar bottle is pretty, but I rather like this model. It's the same style as my Jicky edt.

Hugs lucasai, I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think.

I've been joyously packing for my holiday in Vietnam. We fly on Wednesday. I cannot wait to get out of this horrid London weather.

Diptyque Eau Duelle again.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty pretty bottle Quarry, I like it very much indeed!

Blog Entries

Nice buy, Q! The juice does indeed look good, l look forward to hearing what you think of it!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Ambre Russe, a walk in the snow and now hot tea and Schubert while I study some recipes for tonight's dinner...
    Now I can begin longing for spring!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Hang in there, lucasai. It may not be as bad as you think.

It's quite cold here today, but I'm feeling oddly spring-y. Sonoma Scent Studio Voile de Violette today.

Basenotes Plus

Sending you some positive energy, Lucas.

Switching to Chinatown for the afternoon.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsucker View Post
    I've been joyously packing for my holiday in Vietnam. We fly on Wednesday.
    safejourney_283x105.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by iodine View Post
    It's snowing!

(I beg your pardon, BNers affected by severe snowstorms, but I like so much my winter to be cold and snowy...)
    A girl after my own heart

SotD - Cacharel pour Homme.

Lucas, keep your hopes up - things may not be as bad as they seem.

SotE - Rochas Man.

(How I loathe the bottle and packaging - fancy a swap, Mrs Q ? )

Hey y'all -

I got caught in the rain on my way home from dance - completely drenched to the skin, lol! But once warm and dry, that gave me the perfect opportunity to reach for my latest Chanel crush, 1932.

Scentsucker - how very exciting! Southeast Asia is one of my very favorite parts of the world, and especially Vietnam since it was one of the first trips I took with my husband, then fiancé. I get a bit nostalgic thinking about it, and hungry - seriously, some of the most incredible food I've ever eaten was street food in Hanoi ...drool, lol! Happy and safe travels - have a wonderful time!

I agree Jon, that is some silly-looking packaging ...but I'm sure the scent itself can only be elegant on you!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Oh, poor Lucas, please cheer up! I hate you see you so down. Listen to these smart people, they're absolutely right. You may be surprised by your results. Happened to me many times, worst of all with my biggest exam ever, the state boards for my cosmetology license. Was totally convinced I had failed; turned out quite the opposite. But I had three months to sicken myself with worry before those results came! Sometimes we cause ourselves lots of grief over nothing. I hope you'll find out soon that you needed not to be concerned.

Evangeline thank you and no worries! Honestly, I don't know how you keep track of which end is up with all that revelry going on down there! And thank you also to teardrop for the kind thoughts!

Oooh, Quarry, lucky lady! I agree, those bottles are so lovely in their simplicity. Looks to be in outstanding shape-and what a steal of a price! I'm turning a little green!

Well, really I guess I am green in my Cristalle EDT. This one always seems to appear when I'm just completely over winter weather. Bring on the spring blooms!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Evangeline ...Honestly, I don't know how you keep track of which end is up with all that revelry going on down there!
    Who says I do??

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Bring on the spring blooms!
    Hear, hear!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Prince de Galles "Gold" by Robert Beaulieu

I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

If we still had my dad's 1956 Chrysler Imperial, the car I drove in my teen years, that Rochas bottle might make a useful taillight cover, Jon.

As of today, I'm of the bring-on-the-blooms camp, joining PLady and Evangeline and a fair number of others I bet.

Good evening everyone!

SL Chergui again

Evening All,

Yes, hang in there Lucas.
    I'm definitely joing Camp Bloomers. I think we might just win this battle against the Ice Queens.

Jicky (extrait) tonight.
    Best to everyone.

Keep your chin up, (((lucasai))).

Yesterday was a particularly down and sloth-ful day, but feeling some restored energy today after an entire week of the blahs. I'm wearing Chanel No. 19 edt to celebrate. Scent twins with Evangeline, yay!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    I'm definitely joing Camp Bloomers.

Not a good fashion statement for such a debonair chap, G - they won't go with your parka jacket.

Did you snap that pic of me with your new camera ? Cheeky !

Look at that, we went from spring flowers to underpants in only a couple of posts! Only on SotD! You guys are so funny! "Camp bloomers", that will make me lol all evening!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Blog Entries

Yep, those bloomers are really camp!

Hi all, EdH by Goutal tonight.
    Bad girls don't cry but get even.

Earnest Beaux struggled with this question every night.

I'm working on my homework for Perfumed Lady's Aldehyde Pass. Every limb covered in No5.
    EDP
    EDT
    Extrait Vintage
    Extrait current
    Elixir
    Eau Premiere

I need more limbs.

Basenotes Institution

Momma Quarry - you were on my mind this weekend, with your decisions on the Shalimar EdT vs EdP, I think you made the right decision with 1980's-era EdT. Please post about it, perhaps on a separate thread, I'd love to hear about it. As I've mentioned several times, me and the EdT never got along, but I've never smelled EdT from the 80's, only 'new' stuff. And also this is what I wanted to say, since it was on my mind this weekend: Buy both. As a big fan of Shalimar, I am of the belief that one can own different formulations of the scent and get a different type of enjoyment out of all of them. I happen to feel that way about many of the classics from Guerlain and other houses. In fact, even owning 'new' EdT might be different than the vintage EdT you just bought. Nonetheless, I'm glad you'll finally have it in your wardrobe. Once it 'bites' it's hard to get it out of your head, Shalimar. It's just one of those scents that really 'sticks', at least for me. Last night I came home in sort of a sad-Sunday-night sort of mood and just 2 sprays from vintage Shalimar PdT, emanating from underneath my pajamas instantly changed my mood. I was on the phone with my Dad and I swear the whiffs I kept getting were like having a warm, afghan blanket all over me. Wonderful stuff. I could go on and on...but I won't.

Got busy today, I forgot to post my SOTD this morning

Habit Rouge (vintage Eau de Toilette + Deodorant) by Guerlain

This afternoon I sampled (thanks E!):

D600 by Carner Barcelona

Tonight, I'll probably wear some lavender...maybe the Caron, maybe Jicky, I haven't decided.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Busy day today, take girl to dr appointment. I'm still effected by this darn cold; feels like I'm underwater.

SOTD has been Annick Goutal's FOLAVRIL She said she wore this every Spring, without fail.
    Notes are Floral, fruity, exotic (Tomato leaf, mango, jasmine, Boronia flower)

I'm finally all packed and overdue for bed.

Thank you Jon and Evangeline (will think of you when I'm tucking into delicious Vietnamese food!)

Gourmand Coquin from a sample to lull me to sleep. Zzzzz...

Green Irish Tweed