Code of Conduct

Default Just tried Tobacco Vanille

Not sure if it is due to the heavy tobacco leave note off the top but it smells smoky with cherry tobacco, vanille, and a hint of...mint maybe?? (could be the tobacco) Maybe since I'm a non smoker I am not liking this scent as much as I thought I would but something about it is smoky which is off putting. The vanille in this stuff is very nice though.

Default Re: Just tried Tobacco Vanille

Personally don't care for this at all.

wait til the drydown...tobacco is heavies up front, it only gets better. frankly my fave part is probably 8+ hours after that just getting whiffs of what smells like vanilla/cinnamon

It's a matter of taste. I am a non-smoker but love the smell of unburnt tobacco.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I love it. Wear it light though. I only use one spray, and that is enough. I get the tobacco and vanilla mostly. I enjoy the drydown more than the opening (tobacco). I didn't like it much the first time, I believe because I wore it too heavy and it was too overpowering. Give it some more wearings.

I'm not a smoker as well
    TOP PICKS
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille Creed Silver Mountain Water Creed Millesime Imperial
    Gucci Pour Homme II YSL La Nuit de L'homme Versace The Dreamer
    Burberry London YSL L'homme L'occitane Eau Des Baux

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    It's a matter of taste. I am a non-smoker but love the smell of unburnt tobacco.
    I enjoy the smell of pipe tobacco, but I dont think I have ever smelled fresh tobacco leaves so I am not sure how similar the two are

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    This is very true. Many people immediately think of ciggarette smoke when they hear or read that something has a tobacco note when this can be far from it. Tobacco as a scent has a lot of depth and can resemble that of a dried leaves in a new cigar or fresh leaves on a tobacco plant among other interpretations.

I was disappointed in this one. On my skin the tobacco was all but nonexistent, this was purely "vanille" on me.

Not a big fan of tobacco, but this is ok. Just spray lightly.

Basenotes Plus

I don't get any smokiness out of TV. Tobacco, yes. Smoke, nope.

Basenotes Member Carvalho Diablo's Avatar
    Pompadour Cosmetique Company, Baker Street

Like bathing in a vat of fudge.

Makes me gag.
    ***My friend, there are two kinds of people in this world : those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.***

It's just not something I want to smell like

I like it quite a bit. I get tobacco, but nothing smokey.

Hmm....TV shouldn't be smoky and certainly shouldn't smell minty. Where did you get your sample?

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Hmm....TV shouldn't be smoky and certainly shouldn't smell minty. Where did you get your sample?
    lolz, was gonna say the same thing.

I am probably just using the wrong terms to describe what I am smelling, least the when I say mint. It does come off a little smoky though however. And I am very confident it is a legit sample.

Well, give it a few more tries. Several of the reviewers here say their initial impression of TV wasn't that great, but then they went back to it and were glad they did.

TV is definitely a different kind of fragrance, I think. Takes some getting used to and knowing what to expect. After awhile, I want to EAT it, it smells so good to me.

This is a great scent, you can't spray a lot at all. The tobacco is strong at first but when it calms down that's when the beauty comes out

Yep, tobacco but not smoke. It's a fairly linear fragrance, with tobacco and vanilla dominant throughout even though it does dry down differently to initial spray and calm somewhat. I've read on BN that some people don't get the tobacco - I just can't imagine that! I'm a non smoker and I love this one. As others have said though - easy on the trigger!

Might grow on you. I tried it twice and bought it after the second time. Love the vanilla note.

Reminds me of going into the tobacconist with my dad when I was a child, he used to smoke flavoured pipe tobacco. TV has a beautiful aroma of cherry/vanilla tobacco (and nothing like actual smoke), I guess for me anyway I can't help but love it due to the emotional connotations & memories.

Dependent

I was prepared for something nauseating and cloyingly suffocating like Le Male or Cuba Gold, but I tried it on a strip at Saks and was pleasantly surprised by a very deep and natural tobacco accord with some real vanilla absolute sweetening it a little. Never worn it though.

I enjoy it, but can only handle one spray & the first 15-30 minutes can still be a bit strong. After that, I like how the tobacco slowly fades over the hours and the rich vanilla comes through more and more. After several hours, it becomes my favorite vanilla scent and lasts for hours and hours beyond that. I can easily see how a lot of people wouldn't like it though...it's different, strong and projects like crazy.

When I first sample this, I was pretty much like wtf is this sh!t???? Washed it off, but then I try it again, and again and after the 3rd time, I realized how good this was, I guess I got used to the tobacco leaf smell, I'm not a smoker but I now smell the resemblance of a unlit cigarette and its not bad. I do 3 sprays is this and it lasted at least 10-12 hours, sometimes all day. One of the must have in my collection now.

Well, give it a few more tries. Several of the reviewers here say their initial impression of TV wasn't that great, but then they went back to it and were glad they did.

TV is definitely a different kind of fragrance, I think. Takes some getting used to and knowing what to expect. After awhile, I want to EAT it, it smells so good to me.
    Yeah, my opinion changed as well. I mean, I never really disliked it, but didn't feel it was bottle worthy. Just way too powerful, I could pretty much live off a small sample. However, after owning other tobacco frags like Pure Havane and Back to Black, I wanted to complete my collection on popular tobacco fragrances; so I ended up getting 50ml from a split.

Not my thing
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I love it, as I think it's a very sensual scent, no matter when and where you wear it. I usually only do 1/4 to 1/2 (quarter to half) spray on each side of my neck.