Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default SOTD - Tuesday 12th Feb, 2013

Morning all!

l'm off to work shortly, wearing Royal Egyptian Amber & Honeysuckle by Lucy B.

Have a good day, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Default Re: SOTD - Tuesday 12th Feb, 2013

Good morning,

Vega for this snowy day.

[rant]
    Sometimes I wonder why I still bother to log on to basenotes. Most of the times, the site does not run properly or not at all. The amount of quality perfume talk here has decreased dramatically. Other sites have developped a lot in the past two years. I feel a certain frustration. As long as I enjoy your company here, I am around, but that's about it.
    [/rant]

Have a good day all!

- - - Updated - - -

Good morning,

Vega for this snowy day.

[rant]
    Sometimes I wonder why I still bother to log on to basenotes. Most of the times, the site does not run properly or not at all. The amount of quality perfume talk here has decreased dramatically. Other sites have developped a lot in the past two years. I feel a certain frustration. As long as I enjoy your company here, I am around, but that's about it.
    [/rant]

Have a good day all!

- - - Updated - - -

At least the daily f*ck up here is proven (double post).

Mornings!

TF Tobacco Vanille. One of my best blind buys))

Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Pour Homme today.

In the morning a bottle of CdG Kyoto for my Mum arrived and I also got a package from a perfume blogging friend from the US, she sent me so goodies including a sample of Chane 1932. I'm giving it first side test.

My backup, 2nd bottle of Prada Amber Pour Homme should be here today as well.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning teardrop

Good morning Victor Meldrew

Good morning all !

SotD is Arquiste L'Etrog.

queen of the universe

L'Etrog? I must try this. Etrogs themselves have a wonderful aroma, a lot like quince.

Moi? Facing down ornery high schoolers. Shalimar. They'll never know what hit them, and I'll be shielded from the strawberry kiwi lotion one student insists in slathering.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Afternoon all,

Funny posts so far.

You know Jon, I actually saw Victor Meldrew on a the street once. It was all I could do not to parrot his catchphrase to him: I figured he'd probably heard it once or twice before. (At this point, non-Brits are probably scratching their heads wondering who we're talking about).

Aaannnyyywaaaay, Égoïste today.

Best to everyone.

I tend to agree with you about the poor quality of perfume discussion, Larimar; you've just pinpointed the reason I usually stick to the female forum. I'm happy and cozy here on our side where none of us are seeking panty droppers, attention or approval of our choices. Lots of good, strong, free thinking minds on our forum. If only it were contagious!

Have a nice sampler set of the Olfactive Studio scents shared by lovely Genie Jeanie; will dig in and see what they're all about today. Have a great day, all!
    Last edited by PerfumedLady; 12th February 2013 at 11:57 AM.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    I tend to agree with you about the poor quality of perfume discussion, Larimar; you've just pinpounted the reason I usually to stick to the female forum. I'm happy and cozy here on our side where none of us are seeking panty droppers or approval of our choices. Lots of good, strong, free thinking minds on our forum. If only it were contagious!
    Hear hear!!!

SOTD is Kenzo Amour Le Parfum, a darker take on the original, less floral, more resinous and woody.
    Notes include incense, rice steam, amber, patchouli, frangipani, benzoin, vanilla

Take care, all.

image.jpg
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Good morning everyone!

My daughter is home for yet another day while streets are being plowed so school buses can get through them.

SotD is Aqua Allegoria Flora Nerolia.

And speaking of Aqua Allegorias, I'm getting very impatient to try the new, upcoming (end of March release date) Aqua Allegoria Nerolia Bianca, having read about it recently on Perfume Shrine and Fragrantica.

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...fragrance.html

http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Guer...anca-4019.html

Smile Re: SOTD - Tuesday 12th Feb, 2013

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hello all. Heeley Iris de Nuit.
    DONNA

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Antidote this morning
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Good morning, everyone!

I'm in Chanel 1932, and what a wonderful surprise this has been ...I absolutely love it.

Happy Mardi Gras - laissez les bons temps rouler!

Mardi Grumps agrees with Larimar.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I'm working on the glasses, Evangeline!

Marc Jacobs BANG

Jailia today, yum.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning! My house is smelling wonderful today, I'm making caramel corn to stick in my daughters valentine package with a variety of other goodies. I need to get it in the mail today or she won't get it in time.

Larimar, you are smelling wonderful today! I had a chance to smell Vega a while back and would like to get a decant. Do you know if TPC is selling vintage or the re-issued Vega. It was the re-issued that I tried and that's what I'd like to get. Both on Neiman Marcus and TPC it's called vintage Vega, but it's $79.00 for a 1 ml. decant on TPC, that seems a little high. The bottle they show seems to be the original. Anything you could tell me about it would be appreciated. *edit*- just found a 1 ml. for $9.50 on Posh Peasant and looks to be the re-issued Vega, so I'll order that one. Is there a real difference between the two versions?

SotM is Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire.

Have a nice day, everyone!
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 12th February 2013 at 01:33 PM.

Good morning everyone! Another dreary morning, but I'm hearing rumors of some blue sky this afternoon. Works with my scent today, A Taste of Heaven. Maybe I'll get a taste of the blue skies!

Doing a side by side today. On my left is Gorilla Orange Blossom on my right is SL Fleurs d'Oranger. The top notes are immediately differnet, GOB is soapy, clean and cologne like and FdO opens dirty and thick, the middles both stay true to orange blossom with FdO becoming a little sweeter and more indolic whereas GOB developing a little spice which I find interesting. GOB is much closer to the skin already and the FdO still has notable sillage. I'm enjoying both so far

Good afternoon.

It was still snowing this morning when I went out to work, so I could enjoy the warm embrace of Ambre Precieux, from a sample. Now it has stopped and there's a pale sun...

(I agree with you Larimar and PerfumeLady- I' m experiencing an increasing lack of interest in what's being said in the other discussions...)
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Escrimeur by Detaille

Hi! Happy Shrove Tuesday/Mardi Gras! No big celebrations here in VA, I’m afraid…unless you count a church pancake supper, which is not exactly a bacchanal. We’re having the most gorgeous spring like weather this morning – sunny and balmy and the air smells so pure and sweet. I’m wearing just a dab of CdG Lily scent (muguet) in honor of today’s weather, but this morning needs no perfume. I’ve been wearing the same handful of fragrances lately, but yesterday I ordered samples of: BK Prelude to Love, TDC Bois d’Iris, Ramon Monegal’s Impossible Iris, and the current version of Caron’s Narcisse Noir edt, which I haven’t smelled in ages. I have begun to crave iris. I'll be sampling iris scents until I find one I can love and live with (and afford!). Maybe the Prada one will be for me. I've never even tried it but I'm going to. I’ve been busy tutoring, doing my mixed media collage class (which is harder than it looks – i.e., hard for me to focus and settle down to work when there are so many options), plus all the routine mundane things. B-belle managed to scrape out of having to relocate to Atlanta. For now. I feel a little let down about it because, while I wasn’t enthusiastic about an upheaval in first place, once I’d accommodated myself to the idea I was really looking forward to it, looking forward to a change of scene and...everything. Now it is not to happen. Apparently. But it may yet. Life in limboland here. Love to everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by iodine View Post
    (I agree with you Larimar and PerfumeLady- I' m experiencing an increasing lack of interest in what's being said in the other discussions...)
    And I agree with all of you. I think Facebook and Twitter have had a deleterious effect on people's ability to converse *with* each other. What passes for conversation and connection today is really little more than verbal masturbation. People spew their opinions into the ether and largely don't stick around for a give-and-take discussion. There's a reason I don't have a Twitter account, and I don't spend much time on Facebook. Those media don't encourage real connection, but people think they do. And so real conversation and connection suffer because so few people recognize anymore what they are.

When do I get my crotchety old lady badge?

I, too, enjoy the ladies' side of the forum and especially this thread.

Evangeline, I love the photo! Do you have special plans for Mardi Gras?

PerfumedLady, I hope you and Mr. PL had lovely anniversary. What number was it?

Jon, have you tried any others in the Arquiste line? I'm a big fan of their fragrances.

Lucasai, I hope your retail therapy brings some smiles to your face today!

Alytyke, I've always struggled with FdO, which I find odd, given how much I enjoy skank in many other fragrances. I'll have to revisit her this spring and do battle until I figure her out. Or my suite-mates at work fumigate my office. Do you think you'll be able to to wear FdO?

Hugs to all that need them.

Warming up today in PdH Ambre 114. I suspect this may be one of the last amber sightings for me until next autumn. My nose is craving florals.

Hugs to all that need or want them

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

No scent yet--client is priority, then shower, then scent, but couldn't wait to express:

This morning I thought about all of you and remembered how, as a child, one has imaginary friends. Sometimes that's how you seem, given that I go to a corner of the room and "talk" to you, somebody who isn't there. But quickly the falseness of that falsehood became apparent when I read Mike's post from last night.
    Momma Quarry - you were on my mind this weekend, with your decisions on the Shalimar EdT vs EdP, I think you made the right decision with 1980's-era EdT. Please post about it, perhaps on a separate thread, I'd love to hear about it. As I've mentioned several times, me and the EdT never got along, but I've never smelled EdT from the 80's, only 'new' stuff. And also this is what I wanted to say, since it was on my mind this weekend: Buy both. As a big fan of Shalimar, I am of the belief that one can own different formulations of the scent and get a different type of enjoyment out of all of them. I happen to feel that way about many of the classics from Guerlain and other houses. In fact, even owning 'new' EdT might be different than the vintage EdT you just bought. Nonetheless, I'm glad you'll finally have it in your wardrobe. Once it 'bites' it's hard to get it out of your head, Shalimar. It's just one of those scents that really 'sticks', at least for me. Last night I came home in sort of a sad-Sunday-night sort of mood and just 2 sprays from vintage Shalimar PdT, emanating from underneath my pajamas instantly changed my mood. I was on the phone with my Dad and I swear the whiffs I kept getting were like having a warm, afghan blanket all over me. Wonderful stuff. I could go on and on...but I won't.
    I get more meaning from these words than I can express in 20 paragraphs. There's relationship stuff and scent stuff and emotional stuff and memory stuff (from time spent with Mike in New Orleans) -- every sentence is a house with many rooms I could explore. "Outsiders" could not fathom this all emanates from mere fragrance.
    My dear Mike.

Perfumes, their radiating effects within us and the connections they forge between us and others, are more otherworldly than the most imaginative storytellers have envisioned as fiction. I blundered into perfumes, having no natural gift like most who enter here, but I was genius to recognize how extraordinary this invisible universe of exploration is and how special are the people who populate this universe--you.

Larimar, Basenotes may never rise above functioning like a shabby pub on whose rickety wooden stools we sit uncomfortably, but because of VIPs like you, I still attend, partly because I am such a darn slow learner (as evidenced by finally feeling Shalimar). It is very likely that the business of perfumery reached its hilt in the recent past, that little new stuff will give one a sustainable thrill, that regulations will continue to erode what was once the best. Even so, like the archaelogist who continues scratching and sweeping, I cannot give up on the exploration nor seeking the rewards of keeping the company of you uncommon sensitives.

Larimar, I know how you feel.

...here on our side where none of us are seeking panty droppers, attention or approval of our choices....
    Speak for yourself, dear!!

Have fun, Evangeline!

I was posting the above while you were writing, Quarry. Thank you for your sensitive post. You always put things in a positive and loving perspective. xoxoxoxo
    Last edited by lilybelle; 12th February 2013 at 02:47 PM.

Keihls Vanilla and cedar wood for a mammoth mountain of ironing.

Hold on folks, I'm going in!

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Hi! Happy Shrove Tuesday/Mardi Gras! No big celebrations here in VA, I’m afraid…unless you count a church pancake supper, which is not exactly a bacchanal.
    Well said, Lillybelle!

Too bad about the change of plans, but it sounds like your Hunt for Lovely Iris will keep you occupied for a while. And provide you with yet another distraction from your mixed media collage class.

I, too, am getting ready to put in a decent-sized sample order, along with a FB bottle purchase of Tam Dao. (Yes, I'm FINALLY pulling the trigger!) I think most of you know that I have an off, off-again, yep-still-off relationship with iris, but I'm finding I enjoy it in small doses in a few of my favorite fragrances (e.g., Chergui, Daim Blond). I'm going to take the plunge and (purposely!!) order a sample of Impossible Iris, given the reviews many of you have given it.

Good luck, Lillybelle, on your hunt. I have my fingers crossed for Impossible Iris.

Quarry said it all. In her unique style that makes her posts instantly recognizable. Thank you
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 12th February 2013 at 02:53 PM.

Thank you for your kind words, ExtremeK.

We'll both keep our fingers crossed for Impossible Iris!

What I've Been Wearing:

Oh, what a lovely day in Fragrance of the Day thread! I'm in a rush, but wanted to just point that out.

A few of you exploring iris (lillybelle, extremeK, someone I may have missed) - feel free to take a look at my wardrobe and pick out any iris scents that you have not smelled, and samples are yours And I mean that! And extremeK, I have not sniffed much of the Arquiste line, but I sampled and then bought Anima Dulcis, it just hit me hard - a rough around the edges gourmand that stays totally adult, if you know what I mean. You should sample that one too, and now you know how to

I am in Chanel Bois des Iles , joining the Chanel lovefest today, and sort of kind of scent twins with Dr. G.

Very well put, ExtremeK and Quarry!

I may kill a bottle of red on behalf of Mardi Grumps ^^
    Also as consolation... we got 5-6 inches of snow and expect more than that overnight and tomorrow. Last time in January we ended up with half a metre, which is very unusual for my rather dry area. *deep sigh*

Kiliwia, I am glad you found a reasonably priced sample of Vega. I am sorry I can't help with decants as the postage has risen to 20 Euros for anything but a thin letter... I have never had anything but the re-issued Vega, but online consensus seems to be it is very faithful. I rather back-up the fantastic re-issued Vega (which wears like an EdP according to Guerlain standards today) instead of spending a fortune for an old bottle. I have no idea how well Vega ages in general. I don't think Guerlain will be able to produce Vega in the future with regarding to the newer restrictions on florals. If you are fine with ebay there seems to be a reasonably priced bottle for sale. The Paris retail price (price increase by February due) was 225 Euros for 125 ml. This one I'd definitely recommend to spray instead of splash and get some on fabric as well! Delish!

Al Oudh for tonight I think.
    Last edited by Larimar; 12th February 2013 at 03:21 PM.

Thank you kindly, ExtremeK! Only eight years for us, we didn't marry until I was 31. Loved your post, I'll take one of those badges too, please!

You said it, Quarry! I'll keep my balance on my rickety barstool as long as it means I get to chat with all of you wonderful, unique people!

Now, lilybelle, I love iris scents but they are NOT panty droppers, just to let you know! Disappointing to hear, I'm sure. I own and like the Prada very much. Impossible Iris is one of my favorites in the pricier category. Keep us iris lovers posted on your thoughts please! I sure hope you'll be out of limboland soon; I know it must be unsettling. Wishing you and B-belle all the very best!

Off to a limping start with the Olfactive Studio scents: Autoportrait is bland, really just the "smell it everywhere" amber/cedar/benzoin base of hundreds of popular scents. At a distance, very reminiscent of Burberry Women, up close it's pencil shavings.

Still Life is somewhat better but still derivative. A pleasant enough peppery citrus but again, on top of that unpleasant cedar. Still, I do have higher hopes for Chambre Noire and possibly Lumiere Blanche. We shall see!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Oh, what a lovely day in Fragrance of the Day thread! I'm in a rush, but wanted to just point that out.

A few of you exploring iris (lillybelle, extremeK, someone I may have missed) - feel free to take a look at my wardrobe and pick out any iris scents that you have not smelled, and samples are yours And I mean that! And extremeK, I have not sniffed much of the Arquiste line, but I sampled and then bought Anima Dulcis, it just hit me hard - a rough around the edges gourmand that stays totally adult, if you know what I mean. You should sample that one too, and now you know how to

I am in Chanel Bois des Iles , joining the Chanel lovefest today, and sort of kind of scent twins with Dr. G.
    Cello, that is an extremely kind offer! Thank you!!

Hello everyone!

Finally, we had some dusting of snow. A sight for sore eyes. We needed moisture BAD!!!

What an interesting thread today, indeed. I am not sure I have anything new to add other than I agree wholeheartedly with rickety bar stools, crotchety old ladies, panty droppers, and double post rants. But I can't imagine my life without quality Basenotes conversations though they might be in danger of moving into the twilight zone.

Lilybelle - Good luck on your iris hunt. I remember mine: I managed to emerge victorious but not without heavy casualties to my credit cards and overall sense of well being. I hope yours will be quick, painless, and successful. I am joining cello in her generous offer: please feel free to look in my wardrobe too .

And fittingly in iris today: L'Artisan Dzongkha

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Vintage Bellodgia PDT

Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity - COCO CHANEL

Wearing Caron Pour Une Femme.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    I get more meaning from these words than I can express in 20 paragraphs. There's relationship stuff and scent stuff and emotional stuff and memory stuff (from time spent with Mike in New Orleans) -- every sentence is a house with many rooms I could explore. "Outsiders" could not fathom this all emanates from mere fragrance.
    My dear Mike.[COLOR=#333333]
    (((BEAR HUGS)))

Spending the day in the supremely masculine and luxuriously intense...

Patou Pour Homme by Jean Patou

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Kiliwia, I am glad you found a reasonably priced sample of Vega. I am sorry I can't help with decants as the postage has risen to 20 Euros for anything but a thin letter... I have never had anything but the re-issued Vega, but online consensus seems to be it is very faithful. I rather back-up the fantastic re-issued Vega (which wears like an EdP according to Guerlain standards today) instead of spending a fortune for an old bottle. I have no idea how well Vega ages in general. I don't think Guerlain will be able to produce Vega in the future with regarding to the newer restrictions on florals. If you are fine with ebay there seems to be a reasonably priced bottle for sale. The Paris retail price (price increase by February due) was 225 Euros for 125 ml. This one I'd definitely recommend to spray instead of splash and get some on fabric as well! Delish!
    Thanks so much for the response, Larimar. I intend to get a couple of mls. from Posh Peasant to see how it works for me, but it looks like I better make up my mind quickly. With my luck they'll quit making it just when I've decided to spring for a big bottle, lol. It's happened to me before with Guerlain. I'll keep my eye on ebay too. Thanks again!

Good Evening,

Whattayamean there's no panty dropping action here ? That's it, I'm off...

But not before I wish Evangeline fun at Mardi Grump (love it !). A pen pal of mine from LA will be there to see something called the Krewe of Muses (?). Apperently they throw decorated shoes from a float. Mind your head if you're around.

Re: The Search for the Iris Grail. After much sniffing, I believe I found it in the form of Xerjoff's Irisss. Hollly Mollly it's good. Too bad I'd have to sell all my vital organs to afford a bottle.

PL: I tried the Olfactive Studio line in the Summer and none of them really wowed me.

Vintage Eau Sauvage tonight.

Best to all,

*falls off bar stool*

Basenotes Plus

I tend to agree with you about the poor quality of perfume discussion, Larimar; you've just pinpointed the reason I usually stick to the female forum. I'm happy and cozy here on our side where none of us are seeking panty droppers, attention or approval of our choices.
    Agreed, and not forgetting the scintillating thread on Aventus batch numbers which has now hit it's TWENTY FIFTH page - give me strength ...

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Jon, have you tried any others in the Arquiste line? I'm a big fan of their fragrances.
    Yes !. Mimi and I tried them in London a short while ago, and the full bottle of L'Etrog is from a return visit as a result of that sniffathon. Found the whole range to be very nose friendly and made from high quality ingredients. The sauve and elegant Aleksandr is probably next on the list for a purchase, though the new Gardenia scent (Boutonniere No 7 ?) also stood out too and could well be a contender - decisions, decisions

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    We'll both keep our fingers crossed for Impossible Iris!
    My bottle should be arriving any time now

SotE - Amouage Epic Woman.

Mike, you smell wonderful

Now, lilybelle, I love iris scents but they are NOT panty droppers, just to let you know! Disappointing to hear, I'm sure. I own and like the Prada very much. Impossible Iris is one of my favorites in the pricier category. Keep us iris lovers posted on your thoughts please! I sure hope you'll be out of limboland soon; I know it must be unsettling. Wishing you and B-belle all the very best!
    I missed this, I'm sorry. ^^^ I'm not rude, just half blind and the other half scatty. Thank you, PL! NOT a panty dropper??? I have a feeling I will like the Prada one from what I read about it, but if Murphy's Law prevails I will fall in love with Impossible Iris, meaning impossible for my poor pocketbook.

Enjoy yours, Jon!

G., you are so funny..."falls off bar stool". I'm still hanging on to mine, half-arsedly. Ooops!

Whitefluffy, thank you so much for your kind offer, too! That is so sweet of you.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    The sauve and elegant Aleksandr is probably next on the list for a purchase, though the new Gardenia scent (Boutonniere No 7 ?) also stood out too and could well be a contender - decisions, decisions
    I sampled all of them, too, at Barneys in Las Vegas last spring (although Boutonniere No 7 hadn't been released yet), and a FB of Aleksandr was the result of *my* sniffathon. You're right about its suave elegance. Plus, violets! I love it! And really a well-made line with a very interesting vision.

I think I'm going to revisit some of the other florals in the line when I'm back in Vegas at the end of May.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Thank you, cello!! I'll take you up on that! And if you would like to try Aleksandr (which is the only Arquiste I've taken home with me, you're more than welcome to. Just PM me. It's like Daim Blond minus the sweet and apricot plus violets. Lovely!

Basenotes Plus

On the subject of Impossible Iris - don't know if any of the UK contingent are aware yet, but I am reliably informed that the Ramon Monegal collection will be going on sale at Harrods in the next few weeks. Good excuse for another visit, I reckon

Banned

Holly molly this here is like an overnight storm:-) ,

I didn't see it coming hehe, i am relatively new here and love it here on female side of the forum, other side is just too much to follow, but very valuable for search function, have read many great stuff there, ...but i think its healthy to take break after a while from anything:-) , i know i will take mine during the summer time , because i have not found a way not to be curious when i read about new perfumes...and this just makes me a collector, although i try hard not to become one:-)

Interlude by Amouage from a sample....oh i love this everlasting flower, here its fruity, juicy, with lime throughout of it.....love it more the 1740, its more rich:-)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Alytyke, I've always struggled with FdO, which I find odd, given how much I enjoy skank in many other fragrances. I'll have to revisit her this spring and do battle until I figure her out. Or my suite-mates at work fumigate my office. Do you think you'll be able to to wear FdO?
    ExtremK as I don't get the BO accord from cumin I'm sure I'll wear it. If you find it difficult and want an orange Blossom I would recommend the Lush/Gorilla one if you can find it, in the UK it's an online only I think. It's a true OB but clean and it has great tenacity.

Quarry, why are you not considering Shalimar edc vnt?

Blog Entries

Evening all!

Lovely post Q, l couldn't agree more! This pub may be shabby & the bar stools a bit rickety, but it's still my favourite local, with my favourite regulars.

SOTE is Stoned by Solange, & mine's a pint. Cheers!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hello! Parking myself for a moment on one of these rickety bar stools to enjoy you fine, splendid, wonderful human beings...

Just back from the gym, wearing my husband's Prada Infusion de Vetiver and sampling Lalique Encre Noir pour Elle on the back of my hand. I never read much about this when it was released and I recently received a carded sample from Neiman Marcus. I must say I'm disappointed. I expected more much more Vetiver and much more... "noir." Meh.
    After a shower, I will wear Mitsouko edp. Looking forward to it - it's been a while since we've been together.

I'd like to join you on one of those rickety bar stools but I've eaten so many pancakes this evening I fear it may collapse ... Thanks for a lovely thread today - it has lifted my spirits.

Bulgari for me - Black this morning and Omnia this evening

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Applause for Quarry who said it so well!

BN was all about perfume discussion for me at the start, but now it's so much more. Hugs all around!

Looks like school is canceled for tomorrow as well as cleanup continues.

SOTE Jicky Edt vnt

SotA/E is HdP's 1889 Moulin Rouge from a sample. Heading out to tutor soon. Have a good night everybody!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by devilcat View Post
    I'd like to join you on one of those rickety bar stools but I've eaten so many pancakes this evening I fear it may collapse ...
    If it's any consolation, you are not alone.

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Good morning,

Vega for this snowy day.

[rant]
    [/rant]

Have a good day all!

- - - Updated - - -

Good morning,

Vega for this snowy day.

[rant]
    [/rant]

Have a good day all!

- - - Updated - - -

At least the daily f*ck up here is proven (double post).
    dear Larimar, at the risk of lapsing into cliché, it is what it is. And what basenotes is is us. Nevermind that there are other sites to which we belong, this is home, and there's no place like home (another cliché). When BN gets glitchy I take a breath and know Grant is working hard for all of us. I enjoy the subset of basenotes (you amongst a treasured dozen or so friends) with whom I swap scents and sense regularly, and that is good enough for me.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Basenotes Institution

Larimar - I think your frustration is shared by many of us. I, for one, am very glad that you are still posting on these threads, daily. I love reading them & I love having you around. Totally OK to rant also. ((bear hug))

This evening, I'm in the last of my jujy54 sample swap-a-thon, in...

Essence: Jasmine by Donna Karan (from a sample)

Wow, this is good. I always say that nothing smells as good as A La Nuit by Serge Lutens but this comes **very** close. I really can't believe how nice it is. Totally surprised me.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Tuscany Per Donna EL.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Sartorial by Penhaligon's.

Basenotes Plus

This has been an interesting read tonight.

I've had my head into hours & hours of online courses I must complete by tomorrow for my work. Topics: Dementia, Alzheimer's, hospice, Validation Therapy.......

My head began to swim, so I thought I would hop on basenotes & read the scent of the day thread.

Only, I forgot what I wore today.

Love you "guys"!!!!!

La Fille de Berlin