Code of Conduct

Default Looking for the previous formula of Yatagan by Caron

It was may be 10 years ago when I purchased a bottle of Caron Yatagan. It was a bottle with a red-brownish label, white lettering and black cap; this image shows that bottle:

http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/P12242852.jpg

I have been trying to find this older formula of Yatagan, but 3 different vendors (Overstock, FrangranceX, Fragrance Paradise), which display the image seen on the page linked above, sent me the current formula of Yatagan. None of these vendors seemed to be aware that their web sites showed the wrong images, or even that there was more than one formula of Yatagan.

Here is a very good post comparing the contemporary formula with the one which preceded it:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/235...ry-formulation

I'm still looking for the older Yatagan formula; is there a source I could order it from?

Default Re: Looking for the previous formula of Yatagan by Caron

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yatagan-by-C...item1e76694698 here maybe, but ask the seller in advance.

Thanks for the link, sent e-mail to the seller. However, I think this may be another case of the wrong image shown. The description says "4.2 oz" which suggests the larger bottle of the new formula. The old one was 3.4 oz.

Good luck with that.

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by milonguero View Post
    It was may be 10 years ago when I purchased a bottle of Caron Yatagan. It was a bottle with a red-brownish label, white lettering and black cap; this image shows that bottle:

http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/P12242852.jpg

I have been trying to find this older formula of Yatagan, but 3 different vendors (Overstock, FrangranceX, Fragrance Paradise), which display the image seen on the page linked above, sent me the current formula of Yatagan. None of these vendors seemed to be aware that their web sites showed the wrong images, or even that there was more than one formula of Yatagan.

Here is a very good post comparing the contemporary formula with the one which preceded it:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/235...ry-formulation

I'm still looking for the older Yatagan formula; is there a source I could order it from?
    What you have in your first picture link is what I have in my collection. Great stuff.

Dependent

Very hard to find old Yatagan.

The new stuff is lighter and crisper -- less chalky oakmoss. I think it's a worthy reformulation.

I concur -

I have tried Vintage Yatagan and, yes, it is fantastic. But I find the current formulation to be wonderful. Very vibrant after the deep, boozy opening. Caron has kept their fragrances in fine form. While Vintage Caron Pour Un Homme and Le Troisieme Homme are better, current juice is very good. What I find with Caron is nothing but uncompromising quality and commitment to deliver their amazing line of unique compositions & scents! A house that stands alone, unto itself. Yatagan is fantastic - any formulation, but I find current very wearable.

Cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Very hard to find old Yatagan.

The new stuff is lighter and crisper -- less chalky oakmoss. I think it's a worthy reformulation.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen
    Currently wearing: Uomo? Moschino by Moschino

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    What you have in your first picture link is what I have in my collection. Great stuff.
    Would you care to let us know where you bought it?

- - - Updated - - -

It may sound harsh, but compared to the old one, the new formula strikes me as a bit superficial or flimsy.

treeman5823

Hmm. The new stuff smells just fine to me....Then again again I've never smelled the vintage.