Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Creed Royal Oud didn't like first try loved second try.

Quote Originally Posted by Demond Wilson View Post
    To be honest I'm not sure what Oud smells like I just liked Royal Oud and did not know it did not smell like oud until I checked it out her at Basenotes. What does oud smell like anyway? What would be a really good oud scent to try? Thanks
    Depends on the Oud I suppose. Montale delivers a pretty sharp medicinal synthetic oud (though don't let this throw you, as it's good stuff), and I would say try out Dark Aoud for something spicy or Black Aoud if you're after a darker rose scent. It's in some designer offerings such as M7, Noir de Noir, and Oud Wood though not as prominent. Le Labo's Oud 27 delivers a more realistic (though some would say stinky) sort of oud, as does Xerjoff's Zafar (along with other variations in their Oud Stars collection).

You could also always go for the straight up real oud, but that stuff costs $$$.

Basenotes Institution

When the Basenotes, as a group, were in New Orleans at the Saks the SA's gave us a gift bag and inside was a sample of RO. Honestly, I haven't worn it since then. It's been in my sample pile but I never get around to wearing it.

I love spicy scents. Maybe I'll wear it tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demond Wilson View Post
    To be honest I'm not sure what Oud smells like I just liked Royal Oud and did not know it did not smell like oud until I checked it out her at Basenotes. What does oud smell like anyway? What would be a really good oud scent to try? Thanks
    Real oud/aoud oil smells like Band-Aids, wood chips, resins, animals, etc...it's hard to describe.
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

-- Eckhart Tolle

One of the few Creed's I don't care for because it reminds me of Himalaya which also isn't another one of my favorite Creed's.

My wife loved it on me when I got home yesterday. She had to know what it was. 4 sprays carried me through the day in good shape.

Basenotes Junkie

Huge compliment-giver, actually, by both male and females for me. I suspect it's what I've had the most positive feedback on.

And I love it. Its presence is so damn big, it's elegant yet ballsy and just damn good. It's somehow what I wanted from Original Tabarome, but got from Royal Oud. Strange. Oh, and the oud is not loud and annoying, but smooth, subdued and residues in the background the whole time. LOVE IT!

"It's somehow what I wanted from Original Tabarome, but got from Royal Oud."

My thoughts too!

Basenotes Institution

I wore this again today, first time I gave it a full wearing. Gosh, it's wonderful. I really really enjoyed it. I love spicy scents so I'm a sucker for a well done one. This is everything that I wanted Spicebomb to be - creamy, almost like something edible, strongly spiced with just a slice of 'clean' oud humming in the background. Not an oud scent, per se, but oud-esque like the Byredo's and By Kilians and Maison Francis Kurkdjian's.

Wish it was more affordable, if it was I could see owning a bottle.
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I wore this again today, first time I gave it a full wearing. Gosh, it's wonderful. I really really enjoyed it. I love spicy scents so I'm a sucker for a well done one. This is everything that I wanted Spicebomb to be - creamy, almost like something edible, strongly spiced with just a slice of 'clean' oud humming in the background. Not an oud scent, per se, but oud-esque like the Byredo's and By Kilians and Maison Francis Kurkdjian's.

Wish it was more affordable, if it was I could see owning a bottle.
    I agree with everything you've said and I'm ecstatic that you love this one. It's one of my most cherished Creeds and most special among my collection. FBW for me and I can't see being without it.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Mike...you can find it on Amazon for $120 shipped. Definitely worth picking up a bottle at that price.

Banned

I get a lot of burned smoked wood from this. Do you guys get the same notes?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I agree with everything you've said and I'm ecstatic that you love this one. It's one of my most cherished Creeds and most special among my collection. FBW for me and I can't see being without it.
    Oh my freaking gosh...tumblr_m36b9lwNDk1rsdigyo1_1280.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes65 View Post
    Why the facepalm??
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

It's a nice scent, but it didn't wow me the couple of times I tried it. I'll give it a full wear tomorrow and see if my opinion has changed...
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Last edited by acjigga; 20th March 2013 at 01:26 AM.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears".

AC'S FAVORITES - Creed Windsor, Le Labo Rose 31, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Xerjoff Nio, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Bruno Fazzolari Lampblack, Acqua di Parma Intensa Oud, Acqua di Parma Intensa Leather, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Profumum Del Forte Ambra Mediterranea & Slumberhouse Jeke

The scent is too light and I dint detect much oud. It didnt impress at me first try. Nice scent

i did not detect much if any oud either

- - - Updated - - -

it does smell very warm and round if i remember correctly
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

. . . oh boo hoo, it doesn't smell like oud. . . that's what the women who complimented me on it said. . . yes, they were really concerned about that. Me too.

It's really good stuff, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    I find few Creeds to be FBW for me, but this is definitely one I would recommend without hesitation.
    I thought the right acronym was FWB, rather?

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    . . . oh boo hoo, it doesn't smell like oud. . . that's what the women who complimented me on it said. . . yes, they were really concerned about that. Me too.

It's really good stuff, actually.
    Now that's funny. I agree. Smells great.

Basenotes Junkie

One of my favorite oud takes (even though doesn't smell like oud). I just love the wood chip like smell

I own a FB, but the oud is sawdust variety, and weak. It isn't indicative of an Oud frag, and has only fair longevity. It's dry-down is why I own it...and only b/c I got a really good deal on a tester bottle...it isn't worth what Creed charges for it.

Basenotes Member

Tested this at work, for an oud fragrance, i'd like to smell oud. However, it smells incredible though it dries down smelling like something familiar. Could not stop getting whiffs off one spray, longevity was ridiculous on my skin. Unfortunately the price tag for 75 ml is just a BIT much.... No doubt i'll end up with a bottle sooner or later.

Royal Oud is actually the first Creed scent I ever liked. Loved in fact, at a point when none of the other Creeds appealed to me. I remember I kept going back to test over and over again and was totally smitten by the scent but ultimately I let it go because it didn't last long enough on my skin and I thought it was too expensive. Once it dries down it's super smooth and alluring...wish it lasted longer/projected more on me.

Had to finally buy the bottle today