Code of Conduct

Default Perfume For Bro...

Hello Friends.this is my 1st post in Basenotes.read the forum discussions.they are excellent
    Now i need a bit of help from you all.i have my brother's wedding & i want to gift him a Perfume.he was earlier using CK IN2U which was gifted to him.but he dint like it that much.i asked him & he says he would like to have something manly & strong & which can get him good compliments from everyone
    i dont have the slightest idea about what to give.so here i am.kindly advice friends.

Default Re: Perfume For Bro...

Welcome!

I think Noir de Reminiscence is a good choice, it's very strong and manly. Tom Ford Extreme is another option.

Scent preferences are very personal and subjective. Without knowing his tastes I think the best gift you can offer is to take him fragrance shopping. That way you won't have to worry about wasting money on something he doesn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Welcome!

I think Noir de Reminiscence is a good choice, it's very strong and manly. Tom Ford Extreme is another option.
    i will surely check it out.thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    Scent preferences are very personal and subjective. Without knowing his tastes I think the best gift you can offer is to take him fragrance shopping. That way you won't have to worry about wasting money on something he doesn't like.
    well the problem is where he stays & the marraige is in a countryside setting.further he is too busy in the wedding activities to come to the city.so as such he told me his preference & i need to make the purchase.that is more so the reason i posted in this forum as i myself is a newbie in this field.hoping for your suggestions.

Burberry London

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Burberry London
    noted...thanks...

Tom Ford, spicebomb, ck eternity

Basenotes Plus

My collection is lacking in the "manly" type fragrances but if you think your brother might like the smell of leather then he should try L'Essence de Cerutti by Cerutti.

What I really think you should do is buy 7-8 samples of the suggestions made in this post along with a note explaining that this is an "IOU." He could try all the samples and you then could purchase the fragrance that he likes the best at a later date.

- - - Updated - - -

My collection is lacking in the "manly" type fragrances but if you think your brother might like the smell of leather then he should try L'Essence de Cerutti by Cerutti.

What I really think you should do is buy 7-8 samples of the suggestions made in this post along with a note explaining that this is an "IOU." He could try all the samples and you then could purchase the fragrance that he likes the best at a later date.

Does your brother like cars? Bulgari Black is very masculine and has a nice rubber note reminiscent of tires. In general, i like the idea of leathers, which are definitely masculine.

cacio

I would suggest you the Hugo Boss Baldessarini , would be perfect for wedding .

Quote Originally Posted by swise0121 View Post
    Tom Ford, spicebomb, ck eternity
    ok...
    Quote Originally Posted by mlsweeney View Post

- - - Updated - - -

that my friend i dont think will be possible.thanks for the suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Does your brother like cars? Bulgari Black is very masculine and has a nice rubber note reminiscent of tires. In general, i like the idea of leathers, which are definitely masculine.

cacio
    ok...i dint smell CK IN2U but i hope none of the above is similar to that...he says that neither the smell was to his liking nor it lasted more than 2-3 hours...

Tuscan leather
    Amber Absolute

ok friends.sorry for the late reply.i finally went out & bought PR One Million.
    p.s. bro liked it

You shouldve tried Bois du Portugal by Creed. It wouldve been a proper gift.

One million is great crown pleaser. For the next occasion consider Armani Mania

Burberry for Men or Comme des Garcons 2 Man.