Code of Conduct

Thread: Habit Rouge

Default Habit Rouge

I have tried the Edt Habit Rouge & not really liked it.I wanted to know if the Eau De Parfum is significantly different or just a stronger version of the Edt.

Default Re: Habit Rouge

The EdP adds an oud note, notable during the drydown. I enjoy both but the EdP is something special.

Scentimental's review compares the two. You can find it here.

The EdP still has the powdery "fruit loops" vibe that the EdT has, but it's more dense, richer. Still has the "old school" vibe of the EdT, so if that isn't to your taste, you may not care for the EdP either.

Basenotes Institution

It depends on what parts of the EdT you disliked. Can you elaborate?

The EdP has a different complexity and drydown, but it's essentially a similar scent.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

For me the EDP was just a stronger version of the EDT and very nice.

I didn't like the EDT when I tried it, but instantly fell for the EDP. I think it was the initial citrus in the EDT that put me off. The EDP is smooth and refined - drying down not dissimilar to Musc Ravageur imo - a lovely musky vanilla. Bear in mind though that the EDP has been reformulated, so Scentimental's review mentioned above (2006) would have been referring to the vintage version. I haven't tried the current, but have two bottles of the vintage and love it to bits

Guerlainista

I don't think the EdP is stronger than the EdT at all. The EdT has a bigger, flashier opening with more pronounced citrus and has a more pronounced vanilla in the dry down.

The current EdP doesn't have the oud note, so it's not the one Scentemental describes. I find it denser and more resinous than the EdT, with the citrus dialed way back in the opening. The heart is similar, and it definitely resembles the EdT there. It projects less, and the drydown is much softer. It only seems to last about 6 hours on me - less than the EdT. This sounds very different after the opening than the old formula Scentemental describes. I have the old one, but haven't worn it much yet.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Oh and there is also the extrait - it has a pronounced oud note, plenty of vanilla and is totally incredible! It is, however, horribly expensive. A sample of the extrait led me to the vintage EDP though.

BillyD has a split on at the moment where you can pick up 30ml of the extrait, if you want to try it here:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/308676-Guerlain-Complete-Les-Collections-Exclusives-*New-Extrait-Split-Size*-Nasomatto-Duro

What the EFF is wrong with these people? They keep reformulating for no apparent reason!

I enjoy both but prefer the EDP. The agarwood makes it richer.

The EDT is great for summer.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Argh, I didn't know they brought back the EdP, and apparently reformulated it for the worse.

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
    Argh, I didn't know they brought back the EdP, and apparently reformulated it for the worse.
    The current EdP is not bad at all. A bit lacking in potency, but I think heavier application will take care of that. It may be strong enough for many people. My skin tends kill projection and longevity. It still smells great - that's what counts, isn't it?

I have both but prefer EDP over EDT, I think it's more refined and less sharp making it suitable for nearly any occasion you may decide.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I disagree. I don't feel the EDP is strong at all and not anywhere close to being as strong as the EDT. It has a more thicker feel, less citrus on top and wears close to the skin. I think I prefer it ( if we are comparing current formulas, that is).
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Based solely on current formulations, which do you recommend; EDT or EDP?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by onethinline View Post
    The EdP still has the powdery "fruit loops" vibe that the EdT has, but it's more dense, richer. Still has the "old school" vibe of the EdT, so if that isn't to your taste, you may not care for the EdP either.
    Edp is less old school. Less neroli, less castoreum. A silvery iris-ceder note I believe. The current version doesn't really seem to have oud at all. Found it too soft in the beginning. Now I love it and find myself reaching for it more often than for the EdT.

- - - Updated - - -

Less sharp and more versatile for sure. Not asdaring as the EdT however. Fairly different if you ask me.

I have never smelled the EDT but I have a sample of the EDP and it is AMAZING!! Its next on my buy list.
    Current faves (Subject to change at a moments notice!!):
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    SHL 777 Khol de Bahrein
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Dior Cuir Cannage
    Acqua di Parma Leather

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I think the EdT is more "essential" than the EdP. It's a staple that I usually wear a couple of times a week. The EdP is like an Habit Rouge-ish niche fragrance. Very nice, but more an occasional thing.

Sorry to disagree with Rubegon ( ), but I could only recommend the current formula of EDP. The edt is too sweet and powdery for me. I also do not feel the citrus in the edt mixes very well in the drydown. I wouldn't say the EDP is amazing, but it is a solid fragrance.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I have the EDP and it's one of the best.

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Sorry to disagree with Rubegon ( ), but I could only recommend the current formula of EDP.
    No worries - you probably have a lot of company on this one. I think the modern EdT is damn near perfect, but many people don't.

Basenotes Institution

I actually prefer EdC, over all of them, but if I had to choose between EdT and EdP I would choose vintage EdT. Lightly applied, of course, this stuff can become thick and oppressive if over applied.

-- Jack Kerouac

This has been solid advice. I have a sample of the EDT and I love it, but I can see where people get overwhelmed initially. I've definitely fallen for it and was just wondering about the EDP. Guess I will need to acquire a sample to be sure. This is an amazing fragrance for sure! Very classy, elegant, and timeless.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I actually prefer EdC, over all of them, but if I had to choose between EdT and EdP I would choose vintage EdT. Lightly applied, of course, this stuff can become thick and oppressive if over applied.
    No - it actually becomes totally awesome if overapplied!

if we open it up to vintage, I'd go with the vintage EdT. The EdC is great too, though.

- - - Updated - - -

This has been solid advice. I have a sample of the EDT and I love it, but I can see where people get overwhelmed initially. I've definitely fallen for it and was just wondering about the EDP. Guess I will need to acquire a sample to be sure. This is an amazing fragrance for sure! Very classy, elegant, and timeless.
    If you know you love the EdT, I recommend you just get it. It's so cheap - it's one the best fragrance deals around if you get it at online prices. Sample the EdP when you can - it costs twice as much.

This
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    No - it actually becomes totally awesome if overapplied!..
    (giggle)

((holding nose while I walk through a cloud of Habit Rouge coming from rubegon))

-- Jack Kerouac