Code of Conduct

Default New to the forums!!

Hi, this is my first post and I have just recently got into fragrances, I just purchased Chanel allure edition Blanche and Dior homme which I have really enjoyed.

Now, I know this has been discussed a lot but I'm interested in D&G pour homme the only thing is that there is no vintage version here only the two later reformulations, which one smells the closest to the original? By the way I am 26 years old and I have warm weather all year round.. Any other suggestions for designer?

Default Re: New to the forums!!

Welcome to Basenotes! Enjoy your learning experience.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Welcome to Basenotes!

Before you start buying up every recommended fragrance perhaps it's wiser to invest in a little fragrance education. The golden rule is: Sample, sample, sample. It will save you alot of $ in the long run and let you figure out the fragrances you really enjoy wearing before pulling the trigger on a full bottle. Allow me therefore to direct you to sampling sites such as theperfumedcourt.com, surrendertochance.com, luckyscent, etc.

Basenotes Junkie

there is a lengthy thread on the differences in The dif. formulations of D&G pour homme. You can find it by using the search function at the top of the home page. FYI, I have the made in Germany version (first reformulation), and i think it smells very classy. I use it for special occasions. Apparently some people think if it isn't vintage, it's not worth owning. I disagree. I have not sampled the most recent reformulation so i can't comment on that. Welcome to Basenotes.

Neither of the 2 reformulations are close to the original. But the first reformulation 'made in Germany' version smells better than the current UK version.

I sort of consider D&G just a simple citrus-y scent. It's great and all, but now that you have Allure Blanche and Dior Homme, I think you can venture into new territory. It's fine, don't get me wrong, but a little variety might be good here. Terre d'Hermes maybe? Spicebomb? Gucci Pour Homme 2?

Welcome to BN!!!
    Sample & test - unless u r rich to buy blind. Remember, opinions r a-holes, each 1 has 1. Same with parfums, what's grt in my opinion, might not work 4 u.
    Skin chemistry varies by the person as well, so test 3-4 times & leave it on for at least 4 hrs b4 deciding to buy a full.
    IMHO I'll start off with cheap goodies - Rochas man, Bogart PH, Amen, Caron PH etc to name a few - all these will fall anywhere from 30-75, spending more at your stage is something I would advise against...