Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What men shouldn't do

I'm tempted to add wearing cardigans, but they can look fabulous too, so just be careful with cardigans. The success or lack of, just may have a direct correlation to belly size.

There is always the tight tank top over the crumpled shirt. That applies to both sexes. Or the too overly tucked in shirt/jumper making a lumpy mess at the back of the trews. Worse than VPL.
    Currently wearing: Civet by Houbigant

I don't have a problem with hairy chests showing above shirts (which is a good thing, since my OH's hairy chest joins on to his beard, his beard joins his eyebrows, ear hair and his back) and I don't even mind seeing short sleeves with a tie, but I really do have a problem with bad personal hygiene, nose picking and breaking wind in public, especially if you're in a restaurant.
    Currently wearing: Piper Leather by Illuminum

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    And no man of mine should ever wax his chest.
    Why, hello there. A lady with that attitude is undoubtedly the epitome of pulchritude and perfection in my book!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheIceman View Post
    Why, hello there. A lady with that attitude is undoubtedly the epitome of pulchritude and perfection in my book!
    Why thank you kind sir, & welcome to basenotes!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    And no man of mine should ever wax his chest.
    I think my wife would leave me if I ever did that!

I would leave mine if he did.....anyway where would one stop?

I can't stand it when other men go to the bathroom without washing their hands.

Basenotes Member

Putting the cap on their head. They're not actually wearing it. Everytime I see men wear something like that I want to throw the cap away.
    www.luvessentials.com

Don't be a slave to fashion (see pics above)
    Don't spend more time in the bathroom grooming than I do (nothing wrong with chest hair!)
    Don't call women "females."
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    Don't be a slave to fashion (see pics above)
    Don't spend more time in the bathroom grooming than I do (nothing wrong with chest hair!)
    Don't call women "females."
    Nice and smart!
    My all time favorite:

Dior Fahrenheit

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie10 View Post
    Putting the cap on their head. They're not actually wearing it. Everytime I see men wear something like that I want to throw the cap away.
    Oh yes! I think I know what you mean. It's a teenaged style statement I'm guessing since another of the teens who works with my son always wears a watch cap that just seems to sit on his head. It's never pulled down enough to look like he's really "wearing" it. It's just kinda sitting atop his head.
    I won't mention another teen style statement that will hopefully have dirt thrown on it soon---those hats with animal ears. It's just one huge eye-roll. Far from looking whimsical, or clever it just looks pathetic on anyone much over 7.
    Anything involving Ed Hardy, natch, goes without saying, and Speedos...well...ones chances of finding Caron urns in Walmart are only slightly less comparable to those of finding a man who actually looks good and/or appropriate in a Speedo, unless you're hanging at the Olympics.

for a metro man yes... for a biker type not really... you can groom chest hear to make it look neat.. beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Sandals with ugly feet.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Sandals with ugly feet.
    How about sandals worn with black socks?

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    One thing that looks really silly is when a man is wearing a polo-shirt
    There. Fixed it for you, lol.
    Imho, men have hair. I shave my face, trim when/where appropriate, and get a few haircuts. I always wear a scoop undershirt that nobody ever sees. I will frequently be sporting a small tuft of chest hair out of a casually worn dress shirt or v-neck.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    How about sandals worn with black socks?
    Worse!

Sandals - yes,
    socks - yes,
    sandals + any socks = no

Men should dress in an age appropriate style. No man over the age of 16 should wear his ball cap with the bill at the nape of his neck, or, worse yet, sticking out from either temple. Ridiculous! The wearing of sunglasses with the lenses at the back of the head is similarly ridiculous. When did that trend begin? Was it because of that bombastic loudmouth, Guy Fieri on the Food Network? Of course, men should always wear clothes that fit well. Properly fitted clothing make up for deficiency in style. I am always slightly sickened when I catch sight of plumber's butt, and also when I see a man whose belt buckle is completely hidden underneath an enormously pendulous abdomen.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Funny.

Reaching for an anti-emetic right now. Or maybe I should let it all come out, like the guy in the photo.

CologneFan85

Washing 501's in the washer and dryer...good waste of cash! hand wash and hand dry only!

Default Shouldn't

Wear 'wife-beaters'

Do their eyebrows. If an older gentleman wants to get a trim that's fine. Once someone steps into the realm if trying to manipulate the shape of an eyebrow, it's downright feminine. Wearing pink or purple is completely ok but feminine eyebrows? No.

Of course it's obvious, but baseball caps in decent restaurants make want to strangle the bloke. Of course, so many do it I would be seriously out numbered.
    Currently wearing: Benedictus by Excelsis

Boy oh boy! So many pet peeves of mine rolled into one thread.
    I don't know when hairy chests became unacceptable, but I guess I'm old school in thinking a man should not have a bare chest.

Also I don't know who thought it was a good idea to wear socks with any kind of sandals. Just wear shoes at that point.

Men that don't wash hands after the bathroom is absolutely vile. I've made comments to guys every time I see this. I get an interesting excuse every time.

People in general that smell like cigarette smoke are just nasty. I'm sorry but it's so unattractive. Especially for women in my opinion. And this is coming from an ex smoker of 20 years. That was always something I was self conscious about.

I don't agree with a man NOT doing his eyebrows though. I'm far from metro, but if you have a unibrow, take care of it. I'm lucky to have nice tidy ones naturally, albeit my left one has a mean arch.

One thing I have a major problem with that men do is excessively cursing in front of women. Even worse, talking about perverse or vile thing things in front of women. Classless and disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Boy oh boy! So many pet peeves of mine rolled into one thread.
    I don't know when hairy chests became unacceptable, but I guess I'm old school in thinking a man should not have a bare chest.

Also I don't know who thought it was a good idea to wear socks with any kind of sandals. Just wear shoes at that point.

Men that don't wash hands after the bathroom is absolutely vile. I've made comments to guys every time I see this. I get an interesting excuse every time.

People in general that smell like cigarette smoke are just nasty. I'm sorry but it's so unattractive. Especially for women in my opinion. And this is coming from an ex smoker of 20 years. That was always something I was self conscious about.

I don't agree with a man NOT doing his eyebrows though. I'm far from metro, but if you have a unibrow, take care of it. I'm lucky to have nice tidy ones naturally, albeit my left one has a mean arch.

One thing I have a major problem with that men do is excessively cursing in front of women. Even worse, talking about perverse or vile thing things in front of women. Classless and disrespectful.

Agree with everything you said .,especially with the last statement.

Or the 50+ guy with jeans up over his waist, roundish midriff, tighter shirt tucked in, and very white running shoes ....

Just looks like a Podunk on tour. See it too often and its awful

And I agree with the polo collar up and sunglasses on backwards.... but I live in the land of fashion "walkers"

This is a good look on any man . No man should wear hats like that !

I don't like undershirts that show, however. So the solution is to button up enough. (And shave one's chest, though in any case showing significant amounts of chest, even if shaved, doesn't seem gentlemanly).