Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    Default Are men more cautious than women?

    When it comes to applying fragrances, women seem to be prepared to apply more, and I find it's easier to smell fragrances on women than men. Are men perhaps too cautious? Worried about being Mr Cologne guy.

  2. #2
    CologneFan85
    Guest

    Default Re: Are men more cautious than women?

    I think men are more cautious or simply don't wear them most of the time.

  3. #3
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    78,390

    Default Re: Are men more cautious than women?

    Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    I think men are more cautious or simply don't wear them most of the time.
    Agree.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Are men more cautious than women?

    Like being known as the guy who smells good, not Mr. Cologne guy.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Are men more cautious than women?

    Definitely, especially here in the US, perfumes are considered feminines and many men worry that by using a lot of perfume they'd come off as wimpy. What still makes them wear perfume is the other local ideal of three showers a day and the desire to give the impression of having just cleaned oneselves with the most potent antibacterials.

    This side of the ocean, at least. Hedonist can attest that in other lands, as in most of the animal kingdom, it is the male of the species that puts on the showiest display.

    cacio

  6. #6

    Default Re: Are men more cautious than women?

    Cultural. Women are allowed/forced/expected to appear sexual and in your face much more, be it clothing, perfume, make up, breasts and bottoms that are nicely presented, etc. Men leaving a massive perfume trail, perhaps wearing special push up underwear to present their testicles in a better light would perhaps seen as a bit odd.

  7. #7
    CologneFan85
    Guest

    Default Re: Are men more cautious than women?

    But from most woman I do know DO enjoy colognes on men.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Are men more cautious than women?

    I agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    But from most woman I do know DO enjoy colognes on men.

  9. #9
    Basenotes Plus
    juanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,196

    Default Re: Are men more cautious than women?

    Perhaps you pay more attention to how women smell.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Are men more cautious than women?

    - - - Updated - - -

    That's not a bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    Perhaps you pay more attention to how women smell.
    Last edited by sjg3839; 13th February 2013 at 11:00 PM.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,476
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Are men more cautious than women?

    Mr. cologne guy is more of a stereotype than an actuality. by my experience, it's women who are more trigger happy.

    but honestly, i've never been choked out by anyone in years. people, at least in my state, are pretty good at not overapplying.

  12. #12
    Basenotes Plus
    juanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,196

    Default Re: Are men more cautious than women?

    Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Can't help if the ladies love be bro. The frags is just a bonus.
    - - - Updated - - -

    That's not a bad thing.
    It seems you misunderstood my post.

    1. I didn't mean to imply that it was a bad thing. It's neither a good nor a bad thing.

    2. My reply was to the OP. My reasoning was that perhaps he noticed fragrances on females more because he pays more attention when a female wears them. I know it happens to me. In the past week I've consciously notice scents on 2 dudes and 5 chicks The one guy at the bar two nights ago was wearing Herrera for Men. I almost commented to him about it because it brought back memories of high school.

    I should have asked the lady at work what she was wearing today...

  13. #13

    Default Re: Are men more cautious than women?

    Gotcha. My apologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    It seems you misunderstood my post.

    1. I didn't mean to imply that it was a bad thing. It's neither a good nor a bad thing.

    2. My reply was to the OP. My reasoning was that perhaps he noticed fragrances on females more because he pays more attention when a female wears them. I know it happens to me. In the past week I've consciously notice scents on 2 dudes and 5 chicks The one guy at the bar two nights ago was wearing Herrera for Men. I almost commented to him about it because it brought back memories of high school.

    I should have asked the lady at work what she was wearing today...

  14. #14
    Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,373

    Default Re: Are men more cautious than women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Cultural. Women are allowed/forced/expected to appear sexual and in your face much more, be it clothing, perfume, make up, breasts and bottoms that are nicely presented, etc. Men leaving a massive perfume trail, perhaps wearing special push up underwear to present their testicles in a better light would perhaps seen as a bit odd.
    This. And a big LOL at the push up underwear comment!

  15. #15
    Basenotes Plus
    southerngardens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Evans, Georgia
    Posts
    1,393
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Are men more cautious than women?

    I think there is too much insecurity about your sexuality going on. I am not ashamed to wear my feminine frags out and I have dry skin and have to really apply or use unscented lotion to give the frag something to hang on to. It doesn't bother me anymore as it used to. I'm not ashamed to say that 2/3 of my collection is now unisex or feminine. I still have some masculines that I love, but women's vintage frags are stronger and last better on me. So what?! I am still MYSELF!
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

  16. #16

    Default Re: Are men more cautious than women?

    I guess that there is no clear gender-based divide on this. Maybe it's just a slight misrepresentation/misconception, because there are quite numerous men who don't wear ANY fragrance in the first place.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Are men more cautious than women?

    I think so...

  18. #18

    Default Re: Are men more cautious than women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    I think so...
    Nice!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14th April 2012, 11:49 AM
  2. Why so many more men than women?
    By rhiannon_chiana in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 24th February 2011, 02:04 PM
  3. What women want
    By The_Giraffe in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 30th July 2006, 07:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •