Code of Conduct

Default Liquid soap that smells... uhm... sexy? Or, at least, attractively intriguing?

I know this is an odd question, but what the heck. Here goes. Years ago, I bought hand soap for the dispenser at my bathroom sink, and I got so many positive comments about it. I can't even remember how many times people told me it smelled great - even sexy, or something to that effect. I kept thinking "My soap?" The problem is that I didn't keep track of what I bought, so I had no idea what to look for when I ran out. After years of buying different kinds, I have no clue what the old stuff even smelled like. So...

...can you think of any liquid hand soap that smells great, in a unique way? Have you ever gotten compliments on soap? Got any recommendations? I'm also cool with a DIY approach if there's something to add to unscented liquid soap.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Default Re: Liquid soap that smells... uhm... sexy? Or, at least, attractively intriguing?

I don't use liquid hand soap so I have no suggestions for that. But I assume a DIY approach works in the same way as for shower gels/oils, that is, you can use perfumed bath oils. (For the shower, I mix Eucerin skin calming dry skin body wash with a little bath oil, which I suppose would work for hands too). Unfortunately, not very many perfume brands do bath oils anymore, though Le Labo, Ormonde Jayne, and Penhaligon still do. Think of a Oud 27 hand soap (clean hands that give the impression that you have not actually washed them)! But also a deep, smoky patch hand soap. In Ormonde Jayne there's the luscious oriental Tolu. In cheaper, mainstream territory I can think of the still excellent and powerful Youth Dew bath oil, that, at $30, is dirt cheap.

cacio

Default Re: Liquid soap that smells... uhm... sexy? Or, at least, attractively intriguing?

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Think of a Oud 27 hand soap (clean hands that give the impression that you have not actually washed them)!
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Out out damn spot! I love it!
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Though technically, not actual liquid soaps, but far more shower gels/body washes (therefore, sorry for a bit of an off-topic post), the new "for men"-series by Dove might also be suitable. One fragrance range in particular smells close to Le Male (or other gourmands) and I am not the only Basenoter to have sensed this, another like a fresh, sporty, youthfully sexy yet also soapy clean aquatic fragrance, all this while retaining the extreme mildness and skin tolerability of this brand.

Caldrea Liquid Hand Soap Ginger Pomelo

I use shower gels in place of hand soap most of the time - better selection! One of the best was Nu by YSL.

The huge, Prada shower gels come in big, rectangular plastic bottles and last forever as hand soap. Just be sure you like the smell becase it will likely be months before you use it up!

Yes, I can recommend a truly good liquid soap, which is unique: It is the fennel liquid soap by NATURA, a Brazilian company that is famous for using natural ingredients in their products. You can try to buyit here:

http://naturabrasil.submarino.com.br...e?pid=23781615

That is a Brazilian website, but I know for sure that there are a few American websites selling Natura products. You just have to search for it. The perfume is not exactly sexy, but it is delicious, natural smelling, green, long lasting and very well balanced.

- - - Updated - - -

Post Scriptum: Look for " natura erva doce "

Bath and Body Works bath gel Paris line and Mariah Carey's Luscious Pink bubble bath (smells like Bond 9 Scent of Peace)