Code of Conduct

Thread: Fake Amouage???

Default Fake Amouage???

Orderd Epic Man from lilydirect.com at a huge discount $156 for 3.4 OZ. The packaging wrap looked correct. laser type sticker on top of plastic wrap with white label on bottom. The box itself is correct. it has to be.. high quality velvet on the inside etc.

The bottle looks good, it is my first real amouage bottle. the cap is heavy solid but does not lock in place. There is no batch number and did not come with a signed card as most amouage bottles do. The Juice smells correct I have had many samples..

there is a 12 digit code on the bottom back of the packaging 000148201112

has anyone heard of any fake amouages? or does anyone know what the batch numbers mean? like maybe year?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Foxxworthi; 2nd May 2013 at 05:30 AM.

Default Re: Fake Amouage???

Getting a tight fitting Amouage cap (or one that doesn't rip off that little piece of metal it attaches itself to) is like playing roulette. And sometimes they don't come with the card either. I wouldn't worry at all, it's legit. And I don't believe I've ever heard of counterfeit Amouage either.

I have never heard of a fake Amouage, but if your Epic Man only lasts 3 hrs something is up. I'm a bit skeptical of lilydirect, there seems to be some mixed opinions about this retailer.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/307...lilydirect-com

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/324...e-check-please

They are a reputable online retailer. I'm sure you're fine.

Never heard of a fake Amouage.

Agree with Jivehippo, if your Epic doesnt last like an epic, then, its a fake...

I edited it not lasting ... I may have nose fatigue.. wore it all today in a sample then when I got the bottle today already have 20 sprays trying to figure it out. I just sprayed a sample that I got from parfumeraffy on one arm and the bottle I got today on the other... they are holding up..ill update the thread with my findings.. I appreciate everyone input!

I've in fact seen pictures of a fake Amouage (the women one) but the box is just generic carton box

No worries man, the cap on my Dia doesn't lock tightly either and it came straight from the authorized local distributor.

OP, nothing you said makes me think a it's fake. Why do you think it's fake?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    OP, nothing you said makes me think a it's fake. Why do you think it's fake?
    Yea.

So you just want to announce that you bought a legit bottle and then have a discussion about whether or not anyone has heard of fake Amouage?
    What is the deal with everyone being so freaking paranoid these days??

Ive heard that there are lots of fake Amouage(along with every other fragrance brand). The fakes are mostly sold in the middle east.

There are definitely fake amouage. I got sprayed with one at the mall the other day. I was waiting for my fiance to come out of MAC, and i was glancing through the window of this perfume store. Something interesting caught my eye...Skinny, zebra print box....Is....is that By Man? I went in and asked the guy about it. He was asking $250. I asked to see it and he was reluctant.

Well, it was fake. Then he started asking me what i like, and right then my fiance walks in. I wanted to get out of there, but the guy keeps talking. My fiance says, "arent you wearing something by this brand today?". I turned around and saw an "amouage" box.

Of course it was for JXXV. The guy says, oh thats very good stuff. He pulls out a tester and sprays a card. He hands it to me, and i smell it. I recoiled hard. I pass it to my fiance. She recoiled as well. I then gave her my forearm to sniff, and said, do they smell alike to you?

Sorry for the long winded story. But you can't be too careful. It doesn't take them very long to start making bootlegs of things you think they'd NEVER make bootlegs of. Especially with the advent of the internet, they can gauge how much interest there is in a product.

Fake Amouage probably sells 1 for every 20 acqua di gio, but if they're selling the Amouage for $200, its worth it.

Ive never seen fake amouage's.

I know because the place where I buy atomizers and vials is a huge gray-market sorta place that sells everything from original Creed and Bond no.9 to fake Acqua di Gio.

I've never seen a fake Amouage.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Ive never seen fake amouage's.

I know because the place where I buy atomizers and vials is a huge gray-market sorta place that sells everything from original Creed and Bond no.9 to fake Acqua di Gio.

I've never seen a fake Amouage.
    We have fake EVERYTHING in Chicago.

In fact, i swear i saw a clone of myself the other day...

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    we have fake everything in chicago.

In fact, i swear i saw a clone of myself the other day...
    rofl...

OK , after wearing both a real sample and the bottle I got yesterday... the bottle is legit... I woke up this morning after 8 hours and they still smelled both the same and strong. My concerns were the lack of batch number on the bottle, no signed card the cap does infact lock a bit ...just have to push down on it.... to reproduce the box unless they recycle it some how would not make it worth it to fake ..top notch... I guess I just had a case of the grey market doubt. At 158 for a 3.4oz... what a steal!

Thanks people for all the input...