Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Challenging Fragrances

Knize Ten and Black Afgano , I am not a fan of at all, the others are wonderful and easily wearable especially in fall/winter.

My whole family loves Black Aoud, and I get lots of compliments on it.

How much Knize Ten did you put on? Less is more with this wonderful fragrance.

Two I personally find challenging are SL Musc Kublai Khan and YSL Kouros. And when I say "challenging" I mean it's a challenge to not throw up on my shoes when I smell them. Just horrid, horrid creations.......

As to those the OP mentioned, I quite liked Black Aoud. Probably just below my "to buy" standard, but in fairness I'm pretty selective and minimalist in my collection. Knize Ten is definitely not my taste, but I could see others liking it. Black Afgano is on my short "to-try list" although at that price for that amount, I kind of hope I don't like it!
    WANTED (full or partial bottles)
    Divine eau Divine (refillable)

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I agree! I find it surprisingly challenging. I find myself constantly shifting between love and hate with this one.
    I used to pick up mainly on incense, which I like, and the vanilla, but lately I mainly notice the cumin. Even though it does smell like cumin to me, not body odour, it's one of the few scents where I could see that others might think the smell could come from a failure to bathe. Never thought that about other scents that are sometimes seen as a bit stinky, e.g. Declaration or Yatagan.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Nice reviews, Jack. With the exception of Black Afgano which I never liked and Black Aoud which has way too much rose to my taste, all the others are big winners in my book. With that said, the only one I still find a bit challenging for its sweetness, is Leather Oud.

Knize Ten is my go-to fragrance for whatever occasion. MKK, after the initial blast turns into a beatiful floral musk that's total comfort for me...
    Ditto what you've said with a side bar on Knize Ten. I recently ran out of Xerjoff Homme and bought a bottle of Knize Ten because i thought it would be close enough considering the price difference. I was wrong, Homme is so much better I had to resort to getting in on a split. The new bottle of Knize is no Homme to my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Narcisso Rodriguez for him and Amouage Memoir Man. I find them both challenging in that they both force my mood to become somber.

I agree! I find it surprisingly challenging. I find myself constantly shifting between love and hate with this one.

+1 Sombre? They all make me gag. Knize Ten is nice used sparingly, but I prefer Nostalgia. All Nasomatto fragrances seem very synthetic and chemical to me, but all are foghorns.

where are the black afgano fans? it is on many top 10 lists and seem to be hyped up already…………
    “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?”

I love Leather Oud on these freezing, clear mornings. I find it a struggle to wear Memoir Man most of the time, every now and again I can do it but it is definately a challenge!

Knize Ten