Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Mancera Black to Black

hello everyone

i have recently received samples of Mancera Black to Black with my last purchase.
    have anyone tried it or heard of it? no information about it so far.
    it smells very reminiscent of montale's medicinal oud-rose combos with saffron ,i think.

Default Re: Mancera Black to Black

If it's anything like By Caroline's "Back to Back", I'm not interested :P
    Currently lawyering and DJing in Tokyo. Still obsessed with smelling good

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real, unbiased data on fragrance potency! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPindex

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & B˙zios

Don't recall this particular name. A new release?

yes, they told me its a new release

Apparently this is a Montale's cheaper version but the same quality from my friends in the Mid East. NOT FOR SALE in N.AMERICA
    I've sent mutiple requests to all their email id's and no response ever...
    In Canada, Naz @ theperfumeshoppe.com has the same issue, she's tried as a retailer a few times and they dont bother...
    Currently wearing: Furyo by Jacques Bogart

Hedonist said the opposite , that the fragrances are more balanced than Montales, and he is an expert on this. He even discovered the whole sham Montale was running.

I've tried 2 from the house and both smell similar to Montale fragrances. I've heard that Pierre Montale is the consultant for this brand. Coincidentally, the nose of this brand is also named Pierre, Pierre Mancera, so go figure

Mancera's Rose Vanille smells like Montale's Roses Musk with a lot of vanilla added. Their The Aoud also smells like one of the aoud fragrances from Montale

Mancera fragrances don't get enough credit due to the constant comparison and conspiracies with Montale and most people that have used them have high praises for what they are. I would love if we can get more objective reviews of the line.

- - - Updated - - -

Mancera fragrances don't get enough credit due to the constant comparison and conspiracies with Montale and most people that have used them have high praises for what they are. I would love if we can get more objective reviews of the line.

Have had this now for about 4 months in my collection. Got it from Universal Perfume and Cosmetics. A very nice spicy and woody scent with a nice amber dry down.

(3416)
    Last edited by hednic; 25th January 2014 at 06:46 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    A very nice spicy and woody scent with a nice amber dry down.

(2416)
    A great description. This could be an amber worth looking at!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

How about Blue Aoud? Anyone has tested it?

Enviado do meu Galaxy Note usando TapaTalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuyer View Post
    How about Blue Aoud? Anyone has tested it?
    I posted some impressions a couple of weeks ago in the thread linked below. Amazing what happens when you use the Search button!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...ight=blue+aoud
    Currently wearing: Sand Aoud by Mancera

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I posted some impressions a couple of weeks ago in the thread linked below. Amazing what happens when you use the Search button!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...ight=blue+aoud
    My fault! Thanks for the input.

Enviado do meu Galaxy Note usando TapaTalk 4

im not a fan of this one. smells synthetic.

Just made my first purchase of Mancera and bought Black Line and Sand Aoud.

Was unfortunately informed that Sand Aoud is out of stock - so the question is should I get Black to Black or Cedrat Boise in lieu?

Basenotes Member

cedrat boise is the best so far in their entire line in my opinion. i have a collection of a few of their others . but the cedrat boise is the god damn king and its starting to catch on . thers a few more i want to get like wave musk , aoud cafe, black intensitive .kumkat wood , roses jasmine and black line
    wild fruits isnt that good i expected that to be really good but it wasnt .

Quote Originally Posted by Klaaon View Post

Was unfortunately informed that Sand Aoud is out of stock - so the question is should I get Black to Black or Cedrat Boise in lieu?
    Both of these are very nice IMO and own both. Depending on where you are located, Black to Black is impossible to find in the States. Seems to only have been released in the Middle East and can be purchased from a vendor there. If you have the ability to get that, I'd get that as it's rarer.
    Last edited by hednic; 3rd March 2014 at 03:30 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Have had this now for about 4 months in my collection. Got it from Universal Perfume and Cosmetics. A very nice spicy and woody scent with a nice amber dry down.

(3416)
    I'm considering buying this. Could you tell me anything else with regards to similarities to any other fragrance, performance etc?

Quote Originally Posted by ScentedBlood View Post
    I'm considering buying this. Could you tell me anything else with regards to similarities to any other fragrance, performance etc?
    There's a seller in the UK on Ebay selling a sample of this. Perhaps that might be the best thing to do before blind buying a bottle like I did. I'm not that good at describing notes so I don't want to steer you wrong. Longevity and projection are both very good IMO. To me it just smells different from all the others in the Mancera line.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MANCERA-BLAC...item27d9910f7e

Thanks. I may have to leave my blind buying days behind me!

Own Cedrat Boise and Rose Vanille. Really like these two. Great purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Own Cedrat Boise and Rose Vanille. Really like these two. Great purchases.
    I'm trying to get my hands on Cedrat Boise. Seems like one of the most liked out of this house. Already have Sand Aoud which is quality.

Check out Universal Perfumes. You should be able to get it from them. They ship out pretty fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScentedBlood View Post
    I'm trying to get my hands on Cedrat Boise. Seems like one of the most liked out of this house. Already have Sand Aoud which is quality.

We have a few bottles of Mancera and are impressed with the quality of their fragrances. Black To Black just happened to slip into the shopping bad while I was ordered some Perris Monte Carlo fragrances, but what the heck. Does anyone have more information about this fragrance?
    Currently wearing: Kabul Aoud by Montale

Quote Originally Posted by riffjim4069 View Post
    We have a few bottles of Mancera and are impressed with the quality of their fragrances. Black To Black just happened to slip into the shopping bad while I was ordered some Perris Monte Carlo fragrances, but what the heck. Does anyone have more information about this fragrance?
    Newer impressions of the bottle I own, and while I don't know what the official notes are or the pyramid, what I get out of it is lemon, mint, amber and oud. You'll need to determine for yourself what you can ascertain once you receive it. I really like it. Hope you do too.
    Last edited by hednic; 13th May 2014 at 01:47 AM.

Newer impressions of the bottle I own, and while I don't know what the official notes are or the pyramid, what I get out of it is lemon, mint, amber and oud. You'll need to determine for yourself what you can ascertain once you receive it. I really like it. Hope you do too.
    Thanks for the update; it's much appreciated. I love all the notes you listed...just hope they're agreeable to my scent palate I have been impressed with the quality of the Mancera fragrances we've tried---which numbers around ten or so---even the rose/oud/chocolate ones which weren't my style, but that I could appreciate. The one exception was Kumkat wood. It has a pleasant light-cedar scent, but the amber and cedar were too far in the background and it didn't last or project like the other Mancera fragrances do on my skin. Fortunately, my wife usually like wearing the fragrances that I find too soft or feminine so I'm sure this one will find a good home. I just wish more information about this fragrance was available. C'est la vie.

I'm 6-hours into the dry-down and really enjoy this fragrance. I only applied a single spray (very potent stuff the first couple hours) so I'm not going to post my comments until I get to spend some more time with this fragrance over the weekend.

Hednic did Aoud Line develop more after it was on your skin. Or was it just a Camphorous Oud the whole time?? No other notes stuck out ( rose, patchouli ,etc)

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    Hednic did Aoud Line develop more after it was on your skin. Or was it just a Camphorous Oud the whole time?? No other notes stuck out ( rose, patchouli ,etc)
    Mostly camphorous and oudy until well in the dry down and then it turned a bit sweet and fruity. It's funny because I just looked at the notes as I had no idea what they were and saw that raspberry is listed as one of the notes listed in the base. That just might be the sweetness I detected that cut through the somewhat medicinal smell after hours. Hope you get the chance to sample it.