Code of Conduct

Default Like CLINIQUE HAPPY - But More staying Power

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone can suggest some cologne that reminds this great fragrance but that would last longer.

I would prefer designer options, but any suggestions would be helpfull!

Thanks!

P.S.: I don't care the "gender" the fragrance is marketed for. I use a lot of women perfume anyway...

Default Re: Like CLINIQUE HAPPY - But More staying Power

Paco Rabanne - Paco
    Hermes - Concentré d'Orange Verte

They are both less 'sweet' than CH.

Quote Originally Posted by komak123 View Post
    Paco Rabanne - Paco
    Hermes - Concentré d'Orange Verte

They are both less 'sweet' than CH.
    Thanks Komak123!

I donīt know any of them but always were interested on Hermes. But Iīll have to blind buy it cause cant find it anywhere here.

For sure will have no problem with that since I blind bought major of my collection lol!

I would go with the Hermes as it is far classier. The only reason I don't have it because I had Paco before discovering this ultimate summer Hermes

fountain

the hermes is a gorgeous scent indeed, and it has a similar vibe. do not blind buy it, though. from my experience, its longevity seems sort of temperamental.

Paco has a good longevity?
    Last edited by d4N13L; 28th February 2011 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fountain View Post
    the hermes is a gorgeous scent indeed, and it has a similar vibe. do not blind buy it, though. from my experience, its longevity seems sort of temperamental.
    Just kinda clinique, so.

does anyone else find regular orange verte longer lasting than the concentree? varvatos artisan is one to check out as well...

Quote Originally Posted by bottleworthy View Post
    does anyone else find regular orange verte longer lasting than the concentree? varvatos artisan is one to check out as well...
    Iīve read that varvatoīs offering has its own lasting issues too...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuyer View Post
    Iīve read that varvatoīs offering has its own lasting issues too...
    I never bought a Varvatos cause every reviews of any fragrances talk about bad longevity.

I like his first fragrance, but I must say it doesnīt last very well on skin. On clothes, on the other hand, lasts for days.

Edit: DaniJoop youīre messing with my topic! Focus on Clinique now! lol!

I like his first fragrance, but I must say it doesnīt last very well on skin. On clothes, on the other hand, lasts for days.

Edit: DaniJoop youīre messing with my topic! Focus on Clinique now! lol!
    Go with Paco, its a unisex that looks like last long (i never see a Paco Rabanne wich doesnt last long)

Dependent

I like Happy for Men.... and I have found it to be one of the best mainstream and easy to appreciate citrus-aquatics around. Sadly, it is like 15 min of fame, the dry down is abysmal, but it's good while it lasts...

The Hermes CDOV or EDOV are both great, but they smell nothing like Happy to me. Happy's got this synthetic aquatic melon-y vibe to the citrus (and papaya if i recall right) vs the more bitter green of both the Hermes. All 3 are great though, but i probably should retest all of them before a final conclusion.

I was on a mini search like this one, a while back, and have not found a successful longer lasting rip off.

Issey (though a popular suggestion in any citrus/aquatic thread(smells nothing like Happy, on the whole. Though it shares the same genre for a reason, it is not a longer lasting version, IMO. It is a longer lasting something else.

Quote Originally Posted by MFJ View Post
    I like Happy for Men.... and I have found it to be one of the best mainstream and easy to appreciate citrus-aquatics around. Sadly, it is like 15 min of fame, the dry down is abysmal, but it's good while it lasts...

The Hermes CDOV or EDOV are both great, but they smell nothing like Happy to me. Happy's got this synthetic aquatic melon-y vibe to the citrus (and papaya if i recall right) vs the more bitter green of both the Hermes. All 3 are great though, but i probably should retest all of them before a final conclusion.

I was on a mini search like this one, a while back, and have not found a successful longer lasting rip off.

I've yet to
    Nice to know someone else is hunting down an rip off! Thanks and please let me know if you find something!

Moschino Friends for Men and Calypso Pour Homme come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Moschino Friends for Men and Calypso Pour Homme come to mind.
    I have Moschino Friends and although I enjoy it, I think itīs harsh on beginning and has that herbal/earthy vetiver on drydown that makes it quite different from that clean citrus orange of Happy. The other one I donīt know but will surely try to find.

Thanks!

Vuarnet Duo Homme is close and better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Nice!

Iīve been reading about Calypso Homme (now tangerine) and it sounds nice! Anyone else knows about it? Mainly on lasting issues.

Bought Capypso Tangerine. That thing is really the smell of tangerines. The juice, the peel, the leaves. Smell good, but sadly the lasting power is a downside too.

Still looking for something like Clinique Happy, but with more staying power. Loved Dior Homme Sport. But doesnīt really last on my skin. Feeling like a lizzard lol!

Looking forward to test Eau DīHadrien EDP. Have an EDT sample. Itīs lovely, but lasts 1-2 hours. Max.

If you're looming for something very orangey then try Atelier Orange Sanguine. Not so much an aquatic but, a realistic citrus fragrance on blood orange that lasts a solid 6-8 hours on me.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    If you're looming for something very orangey then try Atelier Orange Sanguine. Not so much an aquatic but, a realistic citrus fragrance on blood orange that lasts a solid 6-8 hours on me.
    Thanks for the tip my friend. But thatīs kinda pricey and hard to find, ainīt it?

Blog Entries

This one doesn't smell the same (lemon rather than orange), but for a similar bright uplifting vibe, check out L'eau par Kenzo.

Thanks for the tip my friend. But thatīs kinda pricey and hard to find, ainīt it?
    It costs a bit more but the 30ml costs about $50 so it's not that bad.

I'm a citrus fan especially orange and the best alternative to Happy and the longest lasting orange fragrance I've tried is M7 Fresh. Here's the notes: Top Mardarin Orange, Florida Grapefruit, Bergamot. Heart: Ginger, Oud, Bitter Orange. Base: Tahitian Vetiver and Musk.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    It costs a bit more but the 30ml costs about $50 so it's not that bad.
    Nice. Didnīt know that. Will dig for one right now!

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I'm a citrus fan especially orange and the best alternative to Happy and the longest lasting orange fragrance I've tried is M7 Fresh. Here's the notes: Top Mardarin Orange, Florida Grapefruit, Bergamot. Heart: Ginger, Oud, Bitter Orange. Base: Tahitian Vetiver and Musk.
    Wow! I found M7 to be so strong and medicinal cause of that aoud note. Didnīt have a clue that the Fresh version was different. Will start digging it right now cause this one is getting hard to find too.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Couldnīt find this one anywhere. Neither reviews about it...

Buyer - also try Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino - it's amazing!

Wondering if Bond nš 9 Little Italy would be the answear...

Wondering if Bond nš 9 Little Italy would be the answear...
    The thing about orange fragrances is their going to be worn in the summer and in the daytime and the more natural they smell the shorter the longevity. For what it is Hermes Concentre orange d'verte actually lasts quite a while considering how natural it smells.

DeepSilence

Montana Pour Homme

I have been looking for a better/higher-end version of Clinique Happy Men and have found it in Eau D'Italie Jardin du Poete. Same top note, probably a bit more herbal (basil?) in the middle. Sadly it doesnt have that lingering, day-after sandlewood base note that i loved with Happy. This definitely has more staying power than Happy, too.

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone can suggest some cologne that reminds this great fragrance but that would last longer.

I would prefer designer options, but any suggestions would be helpfull!

Thanks!

P.S.: I don't care the "gender" the fragrance is marketed for. I use a lot of women perfume anyway...

Orange Sanguine
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Have you tried double dosing? Spray on the Happy at two inches away from skin, noting exactly where you've sprayed it. Wait 15 seconds then respray exactly over where you had previously sprayed it.

This technique has always gotten me greater longevity, but at double the usage rate.
    Regards,
    Renato