Code of Conduct

Default Montale 100ml Bottles Are Tiny And Very Light/ What Do you Think ?

I just received my first Montale. This has to be the tiniest 100ml bottle I have witnessed. The weight is the lightest I have felt.

It looks more like your typical 50ml bottle.

Does anyone feel the same way ?

Default Re: Montale 100ml Bottles Are Tiny And Very Light/ What Do you Think ?

I think same for all aluminium bottles including rive gauche.

Way lighter than you standard glass bottles and better for life of the juice inside.

You think that's small, you should see the 50ml bottles. They're soo cute!

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    You think that's small, you should see the 50ml bottles. They're soo cute!
    I was about to say the same thing JH! If you think the 100ml bottles are small then you should see the 50ml - they are tiny.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears."

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES - Xerjoff Nio, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Millesime Imperial, Carolina Herrera Chic for Men, Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Yves Saint Laurent Opium Pour Homme EDP, Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud & Slumberhouse Jeke extrait

Rather have frags in a bottle.

But do you feel that you are getting the full amount of juice that you paid for or is Montale pulling your leg and you guys don't mind ?

I can't imagine there being 100ml of juice in this tin can. However this is my first Montale so what do I know. I read on the MIN website that the oud used in this is more expensive than gold.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    But do you feel that you are getting the full amount of juice that you paid for or is Montale pulling your leg and you guys don't mind ?

I can't imagine there being 100ml of juice in this tin can. However this is my first Montale so what do I know. I read on the MIN website that the oud used in this is more expensive than gold.
    A can of Coke has over 3.5 times 100ml, if that provides any point of reference... that probably still weighs less than your average 100ml glass bottle of fragrance.

Of course you're getting the full amount. A company could not survive with an oversight like that.

As for the oud being more expensive than gold, sounds like a marketing strategy to me.

Which scent did you get?

@Juanderer

This is very helpful.

Thank You

@Jive Hippo

I purchased Dark Aoud.

You're fooling yourself. They do indeed hold the right amount of liquid. You have to realize most of the heft of a bottle is the glass, these are aluminum. Since the wall thickness is so small they hold quite a bit more for their size than a glass bottle.

That being said, I really don't like the Montale bottles.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the oud used being more expensive than gold... Not in Montale, they use very synthetic oud, hardly expensive.

This feeling is typical of Montale bottles, but you're getting the right amount.

Yes of course , Montale synthetic oud is more expensive than synthetic gold.

for swap/sale:

Dependent

It's always surprising how light juice is. It's probably 1/8 the weight of the glass. Aluminum is an especially light metal, too. You're good

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Yes of course , Montale synthetic oud is more expensive than synthetic gold.
    True, but it is the highest grade of synthetic Oud, so it cost more than what everyone else is using.

My synthetic oud is more expensive than your synthetic gold.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    True, but it is the highest grade of synthetic Oud, so it cost more than what everyone else is using.

Hmm I can see how its better than some oud based perfumes like Roberto Cavalli's latest perfume but its far, very far from other oud offerings. Its mediocre grade at best.

for swap/sale:

Lol. It happened to me too, our brains are so used to the concept word Fragrance+ 100ml.= it's weight feels like such and such, mmm...is this thing full?
    What do you think of that Dark Oud you just got? Care to share?

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post

it is 100 ml, ive measured it out before. the bottle itself holds more than 100 ml of liquid too, so it's not full to the top.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

Thank you for all the responses.

My thoughts on Dark Aoud :

I wrote a review of Fragrantica a week ago and that pretty much was my first impression. It was interesting enough to get me to buy it.

I have zero experience with Montale but I received this as a sample from a recent purchase (Amouage Jubilation 25 women's). After trying Black Aoud and a few others at the same time it immediately became obvious that Dark Aoud had more of a european flare to it. I seem to gravitate towards the Euro/Asian mixes when it comes to these types of fragrances.

The Eastern juices although intriguing do not relate to my style or how I put myself together. Deep within me is a guido and only French/Italian perfumery can bring that out. What I do appreciate about these fragrances though is their strength and sillage. This makes me very curious about trying out all these perfume houses.

Something worth noting is that Oud smells like Oud. The high grade is more potent smelling but even the low end stuff smells more or less similar. Does one really need more than one oud fragrance ? Therefore I was hesitant to buy yet another Oud based juice since Dior's Leather Oud REALLY works on me and the 8.40z bottle is a STEAL*** for the price.

It is still too early to tell how I feel about this long term. It's kind of like a chocolate bitter sweet (dark) version of what something like Leather Oud might be if sold in a super concentrated Attar form.

This is not light nor is it fresh. This is different and it leaves you wondering if it is a fragrance you wear or something you spray into the room. Still working on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

So I have this bottle for a few days now and I still give the whole Montale experience a thumbs down. A half full aluminum bottle. A spray nozzle which doesn't function properly all the time.

The scent itself " Dark Aoud" is somewhat interesting but I don't think this functions well as a cologne. It reminds me more of a smell that your clothing soaks up in certain environments. Ie. You went to a BBQ party and you were standing next to the grill master so your clothing soaked up the smoke.

Montale was a weird experience for me. Not something I would be willing to repeat.

I recommend the house of Amouage if you are into trying these types of scents.

If your bottle came half full and the sprayer doesn't work properly, perhaps you should return it.

I especially liked the part where you wrote off an entire company based on one of their scents.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 16th February 2013 at 07:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Look, it is 100mls.... They must give what they advertise. the can is lightweight aluminum, 1/10th the weight of a heavy glass bottle. Look at a Creed bottle short wide, thin, doesn't look like it would hold 100ml. The Montale Bottle could hold over 150mls of liquid, they are not filled to capacity. I Love their protection from breakage, and light, but hate that I can't see how much liquid is left. Not all Montales are wonderful, true, but it would be foolish to write off an ENTIRE HOUSE based on one dislike. As for the nozzle, I own 6 different Montale bottles and never had a nozzle problem. I own 3 Creed bottles, and EVERY nozzle is either loose, squeaks, or both...Now THERE is poor quality.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales