Code of Conduct

Default What are the best houses/brands from low end>high end

And, which houses make the best colognes when it comes to value for money? To give a better idea of what I mean, according to me, Creed is like a Mercedes-not the most expensive brand out there but definitely up there. On the other hand, and again according to me, Yves Saint Laurent is more like a Acura-more expensive than average yet affordable and nice. Joop! is probably the Honda Civic in the fragrance market.

I'm trying to figure out where each house belongs by comparing it to car makes/models. A scent that smells good, has good longevity, is easily accessible and is well known is probably something like a Corolla (reliable, well known, not rare).

We can simply rate each house from 1-10 instead of bringing car makes/models into this, and a 1 doesn't mean a cheap cologne or a bad scent, it just means good value for money (Nautica or Curve might be a 1 for ex.)

Default Re: What are the best houses/brands from low end>high end

I won't label it with a number, but Dior consistently puts out quality scents IMO, whether in the non-exclusive or exclusive tier of their range.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

As far as designers are concerned I agree with hednic that Dior is definitely a good bang for your buck. So is Guerlain, in my opinion. Also Chanel and Hermès are worth looking into.

It doesn't work like that.

There's no singular best.

Best in a certain genre maybe.

for swap/sale:

In my opinion, Caron is another designer house of consistent quality, often beyond the expectation for the quite affordable prices (especially, in my opinion, Pour un Homme).

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I won't label it with a number, but Dior consistently puts out quality scents IMO, whether in the non-exclusive or exclusive tier of their range.
    I agree with this -- both ends of the price scale are catered for without any drop in quality.

Comme des Garcons give great value for money imo -- especially the earlier fragrances. They are very ecletic but not too expensive

I have always thought that Serge Lutens is a reasonably priced range

And Roja Dove "Oud" is my Rolls Royce

but if you want the Car traders.com award for most reliable 4door sedan it's "Bleu" de chanel aka Honda Accord..lol

to answer your question more precisely the House of DIOR
    Last edited by magnus611; 23rd May 2014 at 05:56 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "