Code of Conduct

Thread: Bamboo Harmony

Default Bamboo Harmony

I've tried about 4 of the typically popular By Kilian scents, and never been too impressed. The quality and longevity are ways excellent, but the scents just never do anything for me. While ordering some other scents from Aedes, I decided to give Bamboo Harmony a shot. Well, I love it. It doesn't get too much love here, but I actually love the scent and longevity is great. Anyone else like this better than the other By Kilians or am I just crazy?

Why So Serious?

Default Re: Bamboo Harmony

Wasn't impressed, I think I would just go for a Bvlgari for this kind of scent.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Creed Spice & Wood
    5. Bond 9 Harrods Oud

It's not bad, but others I've tried in the line I like better.

So far, I'm liking the Asian Tales line less than the others.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

I haven't tried the others in the Asian Tales, but I'm really liking the Bamboo. I'm not sure why I haven't been a fan of the others (Back to Black, Taste of Heaven, Cruel Intentions, Sweet Redemption, Straight to Heaven, etc) Maybe I should revisit those.

well, maybe I haven't given them anything more than a passing sniff but neither of them seemed to warrant anything more than that for me.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

didnt care for the sample i had.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post
    So far, I'm liking the Asian Tales line less than the others.
    I prefer Asian Tail myself.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Haha! I think that I like Bamboo Harmony because it is similar to Parfums DelRae Panache and Acqua di Biella Cashmere Twill, which I love both.

This morning I grabbed some of my other Kilian samples and decided to give them a second whiff. Yep, they are good stuff, and maybe Bamboo Harmony has opened my eyes to the Kilian line.

It's a good thing I didn't mention the Arabian Nights line.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by pcrisp View Post
    Haha! I think that I like Bamboo Harmony because it is similar to Parfums DelRae Panache and Acqua di Biella Cashmere Twill, which I love both.

This morning I grabbed some of my other Kilian samples and decided to give them a second whiff. Yep, they are good stuff, and maybe Bamboo Harmony has opened my eyes to the Kilian line.
    I like Panache and Cashmere Twill also - I guess I'll have to sample Bamboo Harmony after all.

Asian tail is my favorite!
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Noir de Noir
    4. Tonka Imperiale
    5. Musc Ravageur
    6. Bois d'argent
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Oud 1

lol, me too! Bamboo is pretty good... it has excellent citrus topnotes. It is like a JCE frag but with better ingredients and some naturals. The drydown however is not quite as good as the beginning, the tea note is synthetic or augmented with some synthetics that extend the longevity of the frag, and IMO this is overdone. In any case, it's better than anything JCE has ever done. This would be a 5 star frag if not for the drydown.

Asian Tail?

Anyway, when sampling both from the "Asian Tales" line, I did remember liking Water Calligraphy a bit more than Bamboo Harmony. I'll have to put my samples to the test and see if any are full-bottle (or in my case, Travel/Travel Refill) worthy.

Does anyone know if the "Set of 4 Travel Refills" for this line is available at Saks, and if so, is it $70 just like for the "Set of 4Travel Refills" from the "L'oeuvre Noire" line? It can't be more expensive than the Arabian Nights collection without the Oud, that's for sure.

Blog Entries

I haven't sniffed them yet, but they sound much less "rich and opulent" than the main product line. Probably a good move on Kilian's part - these scents may bring an entirely new group of people into the customer base.

Basenotes Junkie

I haven't tried the others in the Asian Tales, but I'm really liking the Bamboo. I'm not sure why I haven't been a fan of the others (Back to Black, Taste of Heaven, Cruel Intentions, Sweet Redemption, Straight to Heaven, etc) Maybe I should revisit those.
    I really didn't like all the one's you mentioned here when I tried them out...glad to see I'm not the only one. I'll have to try Asian Tales...maybe I'd like that seeing that you like it and don't like the others.

yellow fever?

Freudian Slip - when you mean to say one thing but instead you say a mother

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    I really didn't like all the one's you mentioned here when I tried them out...glad to see I'm not the only one. I'll have to try Asian Tales...maybe I'd like that seeing that you like it and don't like the others.
    Scents like Back to Black and Sweet Redemption are heavy, ok.... RIDICULOUSLY SUPER HEAVY, sickeningly sweet, food scents that kind of turn my stomach after a short while. They are similar in style to Frapin 1270. I do like Cruel Intentions some, maybe it will grow on me.

I had to apply quit a bit in order to get at its character. BH = Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden. I was immediately left disgusted by the vile, putrid synthetic vat of liquid that goes for over $200. Smells nothing of bamboo to my nose and is very synthetic.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?