Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default Cologne Pour le Soir MFK - I wore this today

I wore this today and I do like it a lot. I purchased a sample from my local fragrance boutique. I actually wore it to work and enjoyed it. It is sweet and stays close to the skin. I think that I like the Edp (Absolue Pour le Soir) much better though - it is more interesting and robust with longer lasting power. I had to keep reapplying the cologne. I really like how interesting and just plain weird (animalic and dirty) this fragrance is. I am a female and mostly hear about other men wearing this fragrance. What are others thoughts on these fragrances (the Edp and cologne versions). I am thinking that if I purchase a FB I would go for the Absolue because it is more intense, interesting and a little goes a long way.

Default Re: Cologne Pour le Soir MFK - I wore this today

I don't want to ruin the fragrance for you, but the poop note is just something I can't deal with. I think it's civet? Or musk of some sort? What it is is GROSS.

Basenotes Member

I knew I would get a comment like that haha. I do not get that note at all when I where it. Instead I get the scent of bodies - sweat and sex basically. It's definitely in the dirty category, but I don't smell anything actually fecal. The fragrance is actually quite sweet and honey smelling to me. It is interesting to get others' opinions though

I love them too, but to me they are quite different, not just different concentrations. The cologne pour le soir to my nose is a smooth amber (benzoin primarily?) with just a hint of dirtyness. The Absolue is another animal altogether, very spicy and musky. But, in the usual Kurkdjian's fashion, it is also extremely elegant and smooth. It could have more animalics than Muscs Koublai Khan, but the impression is one of refinement and warmth. (And certainly, I don't get any fecal note either. Musky and animalic, certainly, but not fecal).

cacio

A very good, perfectly unisex frag - should get 10/10 for the way MFK created it. I don't get too much civet to be bothersome. I own the EDP, haven't tested / sampled the EDT version. I strongly feel MFK's creations need to be bought only in the EDP if available to understand their true beauty.
    Thinking if I shud make this my SOTD for tomorrow morning...

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    A very good, perfectly unisex frag
    Agree.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I actually prefer the Cologne pour le Soir to the Absolue. It's easier to wear imo, projects well enough and stays tenacious on my skin. The only issue I may have against it is its tendency to grow a little too syrupy when humidity levels go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacisne View Post
    I knew I would get a comment like that haha. I do not get that note at all when I where it. Instead I get the scent of bodies - sweat and sex basically. It's definitely in the dirty category, but I don't smell anything actually fecal. The fragrance is actually quite sweet and honey smelling to me. It is interesting to get others' opinions though
    I actually really agree! But the musk just gets in the way for me. Looking back at my notes, I had said that I found the first 30 seconds, when the civet is strongest, just horrible. But I will definitely agree that the honey sweetness is pretty wonderful.

Basenotes Member

Thanks so much for your replies! I am glad there are others out there that enjoy these fragrances also! I put the Absolue on my "to buy" list for the future (there are a couple ahead of it/equal that I want so I have to decide on the order of accumulation).

Basenotes Plus

Really do not understand the comments on Civet, because I do not get any from APLS. I do get a the cumin, which is huge in this one, but no civet.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Really do not understand the comments on Civet, because I do not get any from APLS. I do get a the cumin, which is huge in this one, but no civet.
    I agree - the cumin is powerful and I can definitely pick out it's presence, but not the civet.

I have the APLS and really like it. I get no fecal note in it at all. Yes, it has cumin, but that's not civet or anything fecal.

If you haven't tried it already...Try the Absolue version much better projection and longevity.

Very nice. I prefer the Absolue, but both are good. I don't get the civet either...then again, my nose isn't perfect.

only have experience with APLS. "dirty honey". i like it but it's a little too strong for me to use during casual wear or at work.

Basenotes Plus

I also prefer the cologne to the absolute .. and both are very nice .