Code of Conduct

Default Disappointed in Dior Homme Intense

For some reason, I thought it would smell considerably different than the original, which I use to own and later swapped. I was wrong. I have a sample on my hand right now, and it's the same old boring composition, cocoa & I guess iris. I really don't get the hype. Surprised I was even swayed by the hype of the original to get that one in the first place. Smh

Default Re: Disappointed in Dior Homme Intense

I agree that it is very similar too DH. I think it's a very good quality scent but as you say it's hyped. There are a lot of scents that are also very good and there are a lot that are better.

There really are! I mean, I am really surprised that this is the scent that has been getting all this hype for the past year or so. And funny enough, I have Bois D'Argent on the opposite side of my hand, and I am unimpressed with that as well. Lol Man. Not a lot of fragrances really impress me these days. Last fragrance to wow me was Amouage Interlude. Not that stuff is just gorgeous!

Basenotes Member

This fragrance is growing on me but I don't think I'll ever own a bottle. I enjoy it a lot when the cocoa comes in, but I feel like the iris always overpowers it. I'm actually quite surprised that a lot of people love DHI so much and believe this, along with LIDGE is a little over hyped. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the scents, but not enough to want a full bottle.

To each their own, it's what I love so much about fragrances.

Own it and enjoy it.

Gooner, that's the other one on the way: LIDGE. I've already tried one of the other LIDG variations, and was unimpressed, so my expectations of this aren't glowing. But we'll see...

I agree that owning both is pointless. I sold my DHI and I don't regret it.

Own both and enjoy both...wouldn't like be without both in my collection.

Great fragrance IMO. All depends on inidividual taste.

Lol@ "great".

I use 2 sprays of DHI and 1 spray of DH. Less is more with these and if you over spray they become perfumey and overwhelming.

Based on many full wearings / more than one sampling, I think it's a nice, very well blended fragrance.

Bit fruitier and less irisy imo -- different enough I reckon. On a par with LIDGE and LIDG's differences.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    There really are! I mean, I am really surprised that this is the scent that has been getting all this hype for the past year or so. And funny enough, I have Bois D'Argent on the opposite side of my hand, and I am unimpressed with that as well. Lol Man. Not a lot of fragrances really impress me these days. Last fragrance to wow me was Amouage Interlude. Not that stuff is just gorgeous!
    I do not enjoy Boid D'Argent at all! It reminds me of hay. Every time I take a whiff of it I picture myself in a farm.

I'm accepting all bottles of unwanted DHI

I use to own a 2005 bottle of DH and I've missed it over the years. It was well balanced and comforting. Trying the current formulation out has been on my list.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

For some reason, I thought it would smell considerably different than the original, which I use to own and later swapped. I was wrong. I have a sample on my hand right now, and it's the same old boring composition, cocoa & I guess iris. I really don't get the hype. Surprised I was even swayed by the hype of the original to get that one in the first place. Smh
    Strangely enough I went and tried DHI and LIDGE today.

I prefer DHI and think it's pretty good, definitely unisex. While LIDG and LIDGE really don't wow me I love the so-called 'lipstick' opening of DHI and right now I'm getting a proper cocoa vibe from it, almost 3 hours later. I'm disappointed by the Guerlains.

Yea lidge doesn't do anything for me either, i think it's nice, but I would own a full bottle. I will take all unwanted dhi though

Lol@ "great".
    Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you should laugh at others for liking it. There are plenty of popular fragrances I don't appreciate, but I don't go around knocking people's opinions.

As for my opinion, I love it. I only wore it twice before finding a 20mL decant of the vintage stuff that I snapped up last week.

As CoachRob would say...." What the ladies say is what I spray". They love DHI, I love DHI. I'm good to go.
    Lol@ "great".

Basenotes Junkie

I also think DHI is a great scent. Very classy and sophisticated. It's just not for you.

In my case, the development over time/the drydown made the difference and brought to my attention a pleasant, even if not that complex range of gourmand notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo0119 View Post
    Yea lidge doesn't do anything for me either, i think it's nice, but I would own a full bottle. I will take all unwanted dhi though
    Same for me with LIDGE

Dhi is a great fragrance. Though i think i'm starting to like even more of the so called clone of it (which i disagree) , Armani eau de nuit homme. It's has sharpness and is more edgy, that i like
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo0119 View Post
    I'm the opposite. 2 bottle of LIDGE and less than 10ml decant of DHI

My only issue with DHI is that I really enjoy it, but my wife isn't impressed with it at all. She prefers LIDGE on me out of the 2. Still happy to have both though.

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you should laugh at others for liking it. There are plenty of popular fragrances I don't appreciate, but I don't go around knocking people's opinions.

As for my opinion, I love it. I only wore it twice before finding a 20mL decant of the vintage stuff that I snapped up last week.
    LOL @ "love".

Just kidding! I enjoy DHI a bunch.

I think it depends on what is in your collection that determines how much you like a fragrance. As my collection grows, I have a new found appreciation for DHI, its something different. Something very unique. It's a really nice scent, but not for everyone.

Good thing you only bought a sample, I'm sure there would have been much more fist shaking.

Blind bought DHI after sampling Dior Homme and I have no regrets. But I can definitely understand why some would want to avoid it.