Code of Conduct

Default Help me buy my first !

Hey,

I've managed to scrape some money and i plan on buying a niche perfume. Till now I've only bought designer perfumes.

I like tobacco (never smelled it in a perfume, but i smoke so that's the connection)
    Pepper, Spices
    Leather
    Open to suggestions

Although I haven't sniffed any of the creeds till now, I hear lot about them. I would want you guys to suggest me the best of creed. (I don't want to give an impression that i only want a creed though. )

I will first buy the decants and i have a budget of $50 for it.

Lastly, for THE perfume my budget is around $300. I say around because if i'm getting something REALLY good at $325, i won't leave it.

My Wardrobe - If you guys need to know what i own.

Thanks a bunch

Default Re: Help me buy my first !

Feuilles de Tabac by Miller Harris

Tobacco Vanille or Tuscan Leather

You might want to try:

Tom Ford for Men
    Thierry Mugler - Pure Havane
    Serge Lutens - Fumerie Turque
    Ralph Lauren - Polo
    Amouage - Memoir Man

As far as which Creed's to try... Well, there are many, but the ones you certainly should give a try are:

Aventus
    Green Irish Tweed
    Bois du Portugal
    Original Vetiver
    Virgin Island Water
    Royal Oud

If you're interested in buying your first Creed, MI or GIT would be my recommendation. Of course, many would recommend the famed Aventus.

+1 for Tobacco Vanille.
    For Sale:Gucci Pour Homme II , Amouage Attar,Lubin Idole http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...dwide-Shipping

Tuscan Leather & Tobacco Vanille - Tom Ford - longevity alone gives these a grt worth for the $ spent & they are very gd frags...

Considering your replies, i should order decants of Tuscan Leather,Tobacco Vanille.

In creed i'm confused about Aventus, MI and GIT. I plan on ordering 2 as i don't want to over shoot my decant budget.

Thankyou for the replies . Keep it coming.

Good choices bro! Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuv View Post
    Considering your replies, i should order decants of Tuscan Leather,Tobacco Vanille.

In creed i'm confused about Aventus, MI and GIT. I plan on ordering 2 as i don't want to over shoot my decant budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuv View Post

With the costs of the higher-end fragrances we're talking about here, I would recommend not buying ANYTHING until you have sampled it first. None of us here agree on all fragrances. These fragrances are too expensive to make a mistake.

With the costs of the higher-end fragrances we're talking about here, I would recommend not buying ANYTHING until you have sampled it first. None of us here agree on all fragrances. These fragrances are too expensive to make a mistake.
    This. Definitely. That said, do try TF Tobacco Vanille as it is really quite special and lasts an age.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    Feuilles de Tabac by Miller Harris
    Agree!

Montale Oud Cuir D'Arabie

Chergui, fumerie turque, tobacco vanille,

Quote Originally Posted by voodoodanny View Post
    This. Definitely. That said, do try TF Tobacco Vanille as it is really quite special and lasts an age.
    And this!

For your budget I say go buy Thierry Mugler Amen Pure Havane, Pure Malt and The Taste of Fragrance all!!!!!!