Code of Conduct

Default My alternate holy grail -- Krigler's Good Fir 11

I hope I may speak in my capacity as a guru of green and chief Conehead.
    I don't use the phrase "holy grail" lightly and so this term is truly well-deserved here.

My alternate Holy Grail coniferous scent (to Slumberhouse Norne).
    This is a delightful scent! Very pine, green, fresh. It has a zen-like simplicity and natural quality which really appeals to me. At times a slight turpentine note is there in the early stage, though not as powerful as CdG's Hinoki. Also there is a slight medicinal-herbal note. I like all of those things. Uplifting and invigorating. Zippy-green frankincense and grassy vetiver. Really an ideal scent for me.

Notes: green incense, vetiver, pine needle, musk

I'd say -- for those with Conehead aspirations, this is a must-try. It is somewhat pricey and mostly available only on-line. But it really is excellent and worth seeking.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Default Re: My alternate holy grail -- Krigler's Good Fir 11

Never heard of it Wonder what 'green incense' is?
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Nice review. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    ...Wonder what 'green incense' is?
    I'd guess that it is frankincense, which in a good quality rendition has a bright green, coniferous, pine-like quality and is very invigorating and zesty. Whereas I tend to find myrrh more languid and darker in style.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    I'd guess that it is frankincense, which in a good quality rendition has a bright green, coniferous, pine-like quality and is very invigorating and zesty. Whereas I tend to find myrrh more languid and darker in style.
    Guess you could be right. I was thinking that there is no such thing as green frankincense. All frankincense 'tears' are white for good quality and slightly yellow for the inferior grades.

I suppose it could be a synthetic that has had a green coniferous atom bolted onto it to give a green aspect?
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

I guess there are two aspects.
    The juice is slightly green in colour. That could be due to the pine needles or perhaps some colour added.
    I do think that the frankincense EOs I've smelled have a 'green' tone. But I do recognize that the tears or resin drops are white or yellow.
    odysseusm

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    I guess there are two aspects.
    The juice is slightly green in colour. That could be due to the pine needles or perhaps some colour added.
    I do think that the frankincense EOs I've smelled have a 'green' tone. But I do recognize that the tears or resin drops are white or yellow.
    Agreed, some of the EOs do have a green aspect. I suppose the age of the tee that has been tapped could have a bearing on the smell. Plus different frankincenses from different areas smell different too.

Roja Dove