Code of Conduct

Default Bond No. 9 is Hardcore

Wow bought a tester of New Haarlem and have been looking for a cap all day . Called various Same Fifth Avenue stores and couldn't get one. Called Bond and got a pretty rude customer service lady pretty much told me she couldn't do anything even though they have them because I would probably send it to them and try to pass it off as a non tester. Called back and got someone with the same attitude. Is Bond going downhill with being all defensive all the time and even getting on places for selling decants that could make them money in the long run?

All I was looking for was one of the clear caps for the bottle for presentation only. Am I in the wrong. All that and still looking for a clear cap to buy from someone for my New Haarlem.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bond No. 9 is Hardcore

ive heard stories of rude bond no 9 reps before

but lets be fair. do you know of ANY fragrance company that sells caps

Post Thanks / Like

This isn't new like ND said, we've heard stories like this before!

Not sell them per say but have extras or what not. I deal with other companies and they bend over backwards for you so I was confused.

I know it's a crapshot, but there are still a few good CS reps left out there. Unfortunately, you didn't experience this in your situation.

The kicker was one said if you go to a Saks for the blend your own thing they will give you a bottle with a cap. I was like WHAAAAT !! Ya they took it to a whole new level.

Post Thanks / Like

On one hand, you purchased something that wasn't meant to be purchased. On the other, if they're upset with that, then they shouldn't take it out on you. One of the reasons why Laurice started Bond was because as the US distributor for Creed, she lost grip on distribution of the product and could no longer compete with the grey market. She had Bond under control for the first several years, but has seen her own product fall victim to discounters. In a way, it's really the market correcting itself.
    The Bark Bites Back.

It wasn't that big of a deal I just felt they were accusing me of wanting a simple cap to try and dupe them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8buffering View Post
    Wow bought a tester of New Haarlem and have been looking for a cap all day . Called various Same Fifth Avenue stores and couldn't get one. Called Bond and got a pretty rude customer service lady pretty much told me she couldn't do anything even though they have them because I would probably send it to them and try to pass it off as a non tester. Called back and got someone with the same attitude. Is Bond going downhill with being all defensive all the time and even getting on places for selling decants that could make them money in the long run?

All I was looking for was one of the clear caps for the bottle for presentation only. Am I in the wrong. All that and still looking for a clear cap to buy from someone for my New Haarlem.
    you bought something that a store was given FREE by Bond as an aid to advertising. They are right, giving you a cap just justifies you buying an item that wasn't meant to be sold. I would call it a good deal that you got an expensive juice for little money and leave it at that. Technically whoever sold you a tester was defrauding the company.
    For Sale: Gengis Kahn, Mona d' Orio, Penhaligons.

even though I hate Bond No.9 the company and most of their fragrances and attitude but come on now, seriously? Companies hire staff and pay employees and offer customer service so that you can call and get a "cap" for a bottle that was not even supposed to be for sale in the first place? You're lucky they didn't flush your call! To their business you're not generating any profits and you're not even a potential customer cuz you already chose to NOT buy the real official full priced bottles! I still think you're a very brave man for actually making that call!
    Last edited by hawk; 16th February 2013 at 12:03 AM.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's rude. I have to say though, I've been to both boutiques in NYC (the one that used to be on Madison Ave, and the on Bond Street). They've treated me pretty well, and neither time did I walk out of the door with a purchase. But I have gotten better service at Malle, worse at Aedes and Creed. The best at MiN.

Post Thanks / Like

It was a bit rude of them to assume that...that is no way to deal with customers. I have yet to really hear a glowing review of Bond's service though...in fact I've heard many that paint the same picture as you.

I wouldn't have sold you a cap if I were Bond, but I wouldn't have been rude about it either.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

She probably though you stole a tester from some other store. I'm not excusing rudeness but you have to admit it sounds shady asking for a cap because you have a tester that you didnt get from them.

Post Thanks / Like

I was not on the phone with you and the CSR, so I cannot judge how harsh she may have been, but I gotta say this: They are and exclusive brand, and are likely quite used to customers just buying the scent from the boutique or the retailer and calling it a day. Maybe they don't have customers who call and ask for caps; I don't know. I can agree with what a lot of posters have said about the reasons why they would dismiss the chance to provide a complimentary cap for their product, but by God, they got people willing to spend two to three hundred dollars on a fragrance, they should at least be kind when being firm and consider that the people on the other end of the line are humans with feeling. Sorry that happened to you.

But hey, I got a few tester bottles with no caps. It don't look pretty when placed on the shelf, but the juice still smells good, so consider the silver lining.

Sorry my original post was worded wrong. I didn't buy the tester from Saks or Bond it was just a tester bottle and I was looking for a cap. I didn't mean to sound like I'm whining I just didn't appreciate them acting like I was a crook. I'm sorry if it was worded bad and I'm sorry. I feel horrible now and shouldn't have posted this. I'm a good guy and get along with everyone .I'm sorry guys .