Code of Conduct

Default These projection/longevity "BEASTS" last less time on my skin than Dolce Gabana The One...

Paco Rabane- 1 million (5-6 hrs)
    Thierry Mugler- Pure malt, Pure Havane (5 hrs)
    Frederic Malle- Musc Ravageur (5 hrs)

Dolce & Gabana- The One (6-9 hrs)
    and in comparison to another "beast" DHI reform- (15hrs+)
    Aventus- 12+ hrs

So considering The one and DHIs performance, we can rule out dry-skin, right?
    Most disappointed at Musc Ravageur, that dry down is amazing, but it only last 2-3 hours for me..

Default Re: These projection/longevity "BEASTS" last less time on my skin than Dolce Gabana The One...

Just body chemistry man. Be happy that aventus lasts as long as it does, because that one has the best projection of those you listed, and most people complain of poor longevity.
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Default Re: These projection/longevity "BEASTS" last less time on my skin than Dolce Gabana The One...

So The One lasts longer on you than Musc Ravageur?

Riiiiiggggghhhht
    image.jpg

olfactory fatigue

I get more longevity from The One than some people on this site, but some of your results seem a little... odd...

Everybody's skin reacts differently. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    So The One lasts longer on you than Musc Ravageur?

Riiiiiggggghhhht
    image.jpg
    Yes, I'm hoping its just the sample. but ill wear them side by side today..

That's strange if D&G The One last longer than Musc Ravageur.

I have extremely dry skin as well, but no way will Aventus give more longevity for me...

On me, Musc Ravageur lasts the longest at 10+, while Aventus goes anywhere from 4-8 only. All others from the list anywhere from 4-8 hrs, not really longevity monsters for me.
    Don't own the Pure's from TM, I am trying real hard to buy them...

That is interesting. OUt of all those mentioned that I hve tried, I get zero longevity from The One - like 20 minutes or so!!!!

I've had about 4 or 5 different batches of Aventus, and i've NEVER had longevity issues.

Never had longevity problems either with most of these longevity beasts.

Basenotes Member

Well I get amazing longevity with D&G The One as well if you don't count projection. It's a skin scent the entire time. Projection is abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooner3029 View Post
    Well I get amazing longevity with D&G The One as well if you don't count projection. It's a skin scent the entire time. Projection is abysmal.
    x2. This describes my experience with The One as well. It survived a shower 3 days ago. I have a terrible time with projectivity and longevity with a lot of frags, but the longevity of The One is stellar. Like Gooner though, it's a skin scent only, from start to finish.

First time I read this thread thought that would not happen to me!
    But today something worse happened!
    I know no one believes me, but after I bought a Metal Flask A Men Thierry Mugler wore it immediately. The scent was hardly detectable 4-5 hours later!
    So this evening again I wore it with 6 full sprays! Nothing was intoxicating! And about 4 hours later I asked my friend of my fragrance and he said he couldn't smell anything from me!!!
    I know the bottle is really the Original one and never fake.
    Got disappointed with this one.
    My clothes from previous days still definitely smell The Dreamer and Quorom, almost 2-3 days ago I wore them!
    What do you think about this???

Olfactory fatigue nay be the issue. A lot of times when my nose shuts down and I blame the fragrance, people around me immediately notice the fragrance I am projecting.

A can't stomach the opening of A*Men, and 6 sprays?!?! got damn man

I get zero longevity from most Creeds but Royal Oud lasts 15+ hours on me. I think that certain notes last longer on some peoples skin more than others. Of course there are longevity monsters (BA, Aventus, and M to name a few) but in my experience I notice that fragrances with certain notes tend to last longer on my skin than others, no matter what the concentration.
    Current faves (Subject to change at a moments notice!!):
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    SHL 777 Khol de Bahrein
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Dior Cuir Cannage
    Acqua di Parma Leather

Pure Malt and Pure Havane last longer than that for me. At least 8 hours.