Code of Conduct

Thumbs down Givenchy Play Sport: Like a Shimmering Castle on a Hill

Imagine an enchanted castle, white, radiant, with towering white spires topped with shimmering linen flags, surrounded by a lush deciduous green forest and in that castle a tall imposing prince, dashing, rugged, imposing...and flogging his short hunchbacked man servant while the latter pleads "please no master no moooo." Givenchy Play Sport is the prince, you are the man-servant, being flogged by a derivative cacophany of inexpensive-smelling white musk, floor cleaner grade citrus and, because everyone else is doing it, pepper. It's an assault on your senses, and not in a good way. In a word, this smells like a cheap copy of Allure Homme Sport and Bleu de Chanel, as if the perfumers cynically looked at what was selling for Chanel and tried to cram it all into one bottle.

I wanted this to be good, I rather liked the original Play and Play intense as competently done coffee gourmands but this...this is just rubbish. Dull, cheap and uninspired your money is better spent elsewhere. It's largely a vapid white musk scent with zero personality, shame Givenchy's quality has slipped to this level.

Default Re: Givenchy Play Sport: Like a Shimmering Castle on a Hill

Too many flankers.

It's OK but nothing special as sport scents go.

There is a lot of white musk here, along with a smooth mint that is interesting because unlike most mints it doesn't strike the nose as mint unless you are really thinking about it and actively looking for the note. I can see where many would dislike this. It's really not at all like Allure Homme Sport or Bleu de Chanel though. If anything, it's more akin to a softer and much less powerful Armani Code Sport. It's got a bit of Calvin Klein Man's smooth spearmint and white musks, too.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I like it. I think the sillage exudes that quintessential clean and cool, aquatic-like sports vibe, but in a good way.

Smelling it up close it's okay. But from a foot or two away, I really like it. And that's how it will most likely be perceived by others.

I too like this one a lot Buysblind. Most importantly to me, it functions exceptionally well at its named function - that of a sports fragrance. It is quiet but lasts a long time, and blooms just the right amount with body heat.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more