Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default SOTD, Saturday February 16, 2013

Hello everyone, Chanel No. 5 for me today.

Wish you all a lovely day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

Default Re: SOTD, Saturday February 16, 2013

Morning all!

Not scented yet; l've had a lazy start to the day, & planning to do a few chores first.

Have a great weekend everyone, hugs all round!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Carnal Flower for me today - I never tire of this gorgeous perfume.

Smile Re: SOTD, Saturday February 16, 2013

Eau de Toilette Edition
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Neela Vermeire Creations Mohur is my SotD

Happy weekend!

Morning All,

What a treat to be twinned with the ever-gorgeous smelling Tdem: No.5 (80s EdP) !

Have a lovely weekend folks, whatever you're up to.

Hello all. SL Louve.
    DONNA

Good afternoon. I got up late this morning, as this virus
    is taking its toll on my energy. I sprayed on some Eau
    Ressourcante after my bath.Enjoy your day.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Basenotes Plus

Feel better soon, Kewart.

Wearing L'Heure Bleue this morning,

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Bonjour Mesdames. Enjoy your weekend!

Hi all!
    Petit and mamans, BVG.

Good morning, everyone -

The sun is finally looking like it's going to stay out for a bit and it's really feeling like spring now, a perfect day for Infini, vintage-70s parfum and a mist of pdt ...posh aldehydes with glorious narcissus and hyacinth, I can scarcely think of anything better!

Y'all have a great day!

Take care of yourself kewart, and feel better soon!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Good morning! I awoke this morning (I won't tell you how early) to the sound of sleety rain pattering the roof. It is a gray, sloppy, chilly day outside but, you know, for some reason this is exactly the type of weather that energizes me to get out and about in my rain boots. I feel happy go lucky in it, the singin' in the rain rainboots I suppose. The samples I ordered from Lucky Scent arrived yesterday, and today I'm trying Impossible Iris by Ramon Monegal. It's lovely. It reminds me of a fragrance I used to love, the mimosa and raspberry that is, which give me a feeling of violet, but I can't remember which one at the moment. It will come to me. So far I am enjoying it, but it is a bit fruitier than I'm looking for in *my* iris frag. I bought a mini of the first Prada Iris fragrance. Somebody stole the tester at Ulta and the SA wouldn't open a bottle. Evangeline, I'm wondering how you like the Prada Iris Absolue Tony gave you. Enjoy the day, everybody, whatever you're up to.

Feel better soon, Kewart. I recommend soup. xo

^ I love it, lilybelle - it's just perfectly elegant and gorgeous. I really liked the edt also, but just never got around to buying it ...I'm not even sure why ...just priorities, I guess. I actually thought it would be perfect for everyday and outdoors, I could even play tennis in it. Maybe I was holding out for 28 La Pausa, which I find pretty similar to Infusion d'Iris, but the Infusion d'Iris Absolue, while the iris note is similar, isn't an outdoorsy fresh green iris - it's more lush, more powdery, less green, and less sheer. I can't really say note for note since I don't have the original to compare it to, but I actually think anyone would be completely justified having both ...big surprise, huh?

You're making me laugh with your Singin' in the Rain image. Sounds too chilly for me, but if you do get out there, I hope you find the splashiest, happiest puddles on the block!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Triplets with Terri and Dr.G in the house of Chanel: Beige for me today. My bottle is long gone, pondering on getting another one for summer.

ExtremeK, my favorite one is Lapsang Souchong HuKwa from Mark T. Wendell, first introduced to me by TaoLady. I also ordered St.Dalfour's strawberry tea (their fig preserves are sublime, BTW!) -- did you know how hard it is to find strawberry flavored and realistically testing tea? Everybody does raspberries, mangoes and peaches these days, due to some unknown to me reason -- and just for the heck of it three from Merchants of Tea: Rowdy Rose, Lotus Divine and Nil Manel (Winter Vine).

Lilybelle, thanks for your evocative description. Seems like this one is what I really truly can't live without. LOL

For a late Valentine's gift Mr.T has refinished a vintage cabinet/entertainment center with dark walnut varnish, new backdrop and a few holes for cords. The whole house smells of lumberyard mushrooms (varnish, I guess!).

Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Good morning, everyone!

Joining the Chanel parade in the 28, La Pausa generously donated to me by certain Lady! This is the first Chanel which I used to hate and now changing my mind about. Sorry, Gardenia, don't hold your breath: it's not going to happen with you.
    Last edited by Whitefluffy; 16th February 2013 at 03:49 PM.

Les Jeux Sont Faits by Jovoy

Basenotes Institution

Lilybelle - enjoy your puddle splashin'. It was that weather all day yesterday here in Miami, today it's not rainy but it's grey and the weather is supposed to go down to the 40's tonight (that's cold for us South Floridians!!). I got a sample of Impossible Iris at the Sample Swap we had in Vegas, but it didn't really move me the way I thought it would. Now, that Prada Iris Absolue is so nice. It's on my To Buy list, for sure. I think the perfect combination would be showering with Infusion d'Iris soap (I know, it's so expensive!) and then wearing the Absolue.

Speaking about expensive, my SOTD is:

III L'Heure Vertueuse by Cartier (from a sample)

Gosh, I love this stuff more and more every time I sample it. My wallet is hiding out. It's so gosh darn expensive. But it smells so fantastic.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Is it true this was discontinued? No one at Dior consulted me! If true it's sad...
    What I've Been Wearing:

Blog Entries

Wearing Cinema this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Eau d'Hermès (vintage).
    Have a nice Saturday all!

I wimped out on puddle splashing (sliding on my rear) singin’ in the sleet…I used to be made of tougher stuff. I do want to go out and run a couple of errands but B-belle is telling me to stay home. Evangeline, I think I’ll have to sample Iris Absolue, too. It sounds nice. Mike, Impossible Iris isn’t moving me either, although it is very pleasant. It has a soft, light drydown on my skin, the iris is papery, the fruitiness is very light, the cedar is muted and almost imperceptible. It would have to be magic on my skin for me to even buy a full bottle anymore, let alone one that is costly. I have been using Crabtree & Evelyn Iris soap – inexpensive and nice and it leaves such a lovely scent in the bathroom – while waiting for Infusion d’Iris to show up. I have TDC Bois d’Iris to sample, too.. Twolf, I’m finding Imposslbe Iris possible to resist, lovely though it is.

Evening All,

Lilybelle, I (mis) read your opening line as 'I wiped out on puddle splashing ( sliding on my rear... )'. Glad you didn't come to grief.

Tabac Bond for a quiet night in. I over-indulged spectactularly last Saturday night, and am being the poster boy for sobriety this week ( wine doesn't count ).

Best to all !

Lilybelle, I do not know if anyone has noticed that your writing is very very good these days: something great must be happening in your day-to-day out of the virtual space life. Please keep it up, whatever it is! *wink*

Good evening my lovelies. SotD has been Her Magde's Truth or Dare. The body lotion is lovely so I'm all layered up in that and the EdT. Hubby really likes this and if it wasn't a celebuscents I'm sure it would get more love

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Evening All,

Lilybelle, I (mis) read your opening line as 'I wiped out on puddle splashing ( sliding on my rear... )'. Glad you didn't come to grief.
    Lol! No, I can't seem to even get myself out of house! I just talk the talk, I haven't yet walked the walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Lilybelle, I do not know if anyone has noticed that your writing is very very good these days: something great must be happening in your day-to-day out of the virtual space life. Please keep it up, whatever it is! *wink*
    Gosh, thank you! I wish something great was going on, but I think I'm just making an attempt to be more focused -- not so ditzy. But thank you very much for the compliment. I'm flattered!

Kewart, I hope you're feeling better and found some soup, as lilybelle suggested. Chicken noodle, perhaps?

Twolf, that strawberry tea sounds amazing! I'm now dying to try some. I need to re-order the breakfast cookies I eat, so maybe I'll add some of the tea to my cart ... Your Valentine's Day present sounds lovely -- any chance for a photo?

Stay warm tonight, Mike. It's chilly here in the Great Plains, too. Only about 25F for a high today.

I'm wearing Lys du Desert by Andy Tauer from Luckyscent's Decennial collection, from a sample I received a few months ago. I'm not sure what to make of it. It's a bit of mish-mash in the open -- something that smells more to me like orange blossom than lily, plus leather, incense, and (I must be nuts) soap! Weird.

Basenotes Institution

ExtremeK, I forgot to respond to your comment yesterday about wearing Donna Karan's Chaos. I drained both of my samples yesterday ('new' EdT in the day and 'vintage' at night). I don't think it's a very 'chaotic' scent either, should be called Calm for what it's worth. It is really only one of the handful of scents that have saffron notes that I can stand on my skin. Not sure why, but it just works. I love it. Although, mentally (yesterday) I felt chaotic so it felt in-sync to wear a fragrance named like that. I'm silly like that. Sometimes my scent choices are like 'themes' in my head. If I wear a Serge Lutens fragrance in the morning I want to wear another Lutens scent that afternoon. Rose scents in the a.m. & a rose scent in the p.m. Guerlain all day. My mind is constantly coming up with these little Fragrance Pageants that I'm the only one participating in, but I get a lot of enjoyment out of them. And it also makes me feel incredibly grateful, to be able to HAVE so many scents to work with (as bottles, decants, samples). When I joined BN many years ago I would have DREAMED to be able to wear three Estee Lauder scents all in one day, or any line for that matter, I just had 4 bottle of cologne and that was it. Today, I am awash in fragrances and exploration is always a possibility for me, just as easily as it is to not explore and wear my favorite scents.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefluffy View Post
    Good morning, everyone!

Joining the Chanel parade in the 28, La Pausa generously donated to me by certain Lady! This is the first Chanel which I used to hate and now changing my mind about. Sorry, Gardenia, don't hold your breath: it's not going to happen with you.
    oooh love that La Pausa too, and had simmilar experience....i thought its too simpley too light, and scentless when i first tried it...could not imagine why would someone buy such weak scent and then the summer came!! its sooo shining during the summer!! perfect thing!

dabbed Caleche vintage perfume...its so beuatiful oakmoss little powdery (edit:becasue i layerd by mistake over caron pour homme, its LEMONY ), shining yellow freshnes , was scentless all day today.....
    Last edited by iivanita; 16th February 2013 at 10:27 PM.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Love the way you kids think. Imaginary splashing and fragrance pageants.

I'm in Guerlain With Love, the heartfelt scent I wore on Valentine's Day. This, Jicky, and Shalimar put me on a similar wavelength, especially on the drydown.

Hey y'all -

More sparkly aldehydes for me, I'm back in Chanel 1932 for the rest of the day ...I just can't seem to stay away from this stuff!

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Kerosene Copper Skies today. This is such a thick, rich amber ... very kickazz and desirable

Mike, I totally get the fragrance "themes" in your head! I do the same thing ... sometimes, I start to post the reason why I'm wearing a certain frag and it sounds so corny. <shaking my head> Other times, I do what I call a fragrance mini-series ... a few days of the same note, or brand, or something. It keeps it fun, keeps it real ... it's all good.

lilybelle, I got these rain boots for Christmas and I'm still waiting for a day to wear them!

Aren't they CUTE?!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Those rain boots are cute. I may have to try that 1932, somehow!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Shades, those are cute boots! Mine are leopard print. I did actually get out in them today for a while.

Mike, I love the fragrance pageant.

kalli -- yes!!! me too! -- now that another BNer got another FB of it. Now they are three (cello, E. and K.)?

Mike, I *completely* get that -- I do it, too, especially the similar/complementing notes. And I'm betting there are other lovely BNers who do it, too. I'm also thankful for being able to sample so many wonderful fragrances and to give and receive recommendations here. It's a wonderful community. I hope today was a less chaotic day for you. Did you switch from the Cartier for the evening?

I'm still in Lys du Desert. Not surprisingly for me, the sweet yet still floral dry-down is *really* appealing. My goodness. I've really enjoyed the heart and base. I may refresh so I can enjoy it all over again.

Shades, those boots are adorable. I'll have to look for a Huskers version.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Hey EX K how are you? I have been enjoying those samples that you sent me! Your a Doll!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike, I love this quote from earlier-"And it also makes me feel incredibly grateful, to be able to HAVE so many scents to work with (as bottles, decants, samples). When I joined BN many years ago I would have DREAMED to be able to wear three Estee Lauder scents all in one day, or any line for that matter, I just had 4 bottle of cologne and that was it. Today, I am awash in fragrances and exploration is always a possibility for me, just as easily as it is tonot explore and wear my favorite scents."
    THAT'S A GOOD REASON FOR US TO BE FRIENDS!!!

SOTD: Leather Oud by Dior, haven't decided what to put on this evening?
    Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity - COCO CHANEL

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    kalli -- yes!!! me too! -- now that another BNer got another FB of it. Now they are three (cello, E. and K.)?
    Still thinking to call a boutique for a sample..I don't want a snoot though! I just want a little bit, 1 ml is fine, lol.

Sotd, Stella btw.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Out and about in district 7 Saigon wearing Andy Tauer Pentachord Auburn.