Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default What women shouldn't do...

Ok, to be fair, one for the girls too.

Those new leggings that are nearly transparent just do not look good on anyone seen so far, whether thin or not. Note girls that they get increasingly transparent as their workload increases. Just don't without a skirt. Not good.

Wear so much foundation that there is a line between the 'cake' and the neck. Imperfect skin is not best so covered up. Just do it lightly. No-one is looking at your complexion more than yourself. There are many good creams and potions out there and the rest comes from lots of green veg and fresh oily fish.

Interest is generated by mystery. Baring all may seem alluring to some but doesn't leave any for Ron. The latest bafta type red carpet dresses illustrate that perfectly. The mostly covered are the most lovely.
    Currently wearing: Civet by Houbigant

Wear heels if they can't walk in them. This includes stomping forth on heels as if wearing heavy winter boots on uneven terrain.

Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

Its gum not cud. Chew appropriately.
    for swap/sale:

Just my opinion - they should not over tattoo their bodies.

Make up which supposedly makes women look better is actually a killer in the long run of good skin, so as light as possible (its just chemicals, mostly, but marketed as ALL NATURAL).

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    That is just so funny. I loath seeing anyone chewing the cud. Thank you for that one. That is its new name from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    That is just so funny. I loath seeing anyone chewing the cud. Thank you for that one. That is its new name from now on.

Chewing without consuming food could lead to a damaged stomach lining because your digestive system thinks you're chewing food for which it releases harsh digestive chemicals to breakdown the food.
    for swap/sale:

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

Let their men lug their handbags around. Ever. It reflects poorly on the both of them.
    Currently wearing: Sartorial by Penhaligon's

Diamond, I saw this a lot in Shanghai and Seoul. Has it arrived in Indonesia already?
    I think it evolved in Korea or Japan.

Didn't see it too much in Hong Kong. No said the Hong Kongnese men when the women said 'all your base are belong to us'.
    for swap/sale:

Grow a moustache. Or chest hair.

Just chewing gum per se

Belly-button exposure - very rubbish

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

Diamond, I saw this a lot in Shanghai and Seoul. Has it arrived in Indonesia already?
    I think it evolved in Korea or Japan.
    I don't know about Indonesia but I see it often enough here in Singapore, particularly among young couples from a particular ethnic group. Some might find it endearing but I find it disturbing if not disrespectful. You might as well make the guy wear a pink tutu or a pair of stilletoes.
    Currently wearing: Sartorial by Penhaligon's

Quote Originally Posted by Plaisir View Post
    Wear heels if they can't walk in them. This includes stomping forth on heels as if wearing heavy winter boots on uneven terrain.
    Amen. Practice at home, ladies, lest you look like Marcel Marceau doing the wind walk.

And this may be particular to England, where I live, but teenage girls should not have beer bellies.
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

Blog Entries

...wear more than one item of animal print at the same time. Not classy.

And l agree about the thin leggings. They look like they're wearing tights & forgot to put on a skirt! Don't these people ever look in a mirror?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Ubar Woman by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post

And this may be particular to England, where I live, but teenage girls should not have beer bellies.
    Nor should those who have produced any children still think they can wear short tops. Please don't unless your skin has retained its elasticity. Those I have seen wearing such things, have not. Keep it under wraps until it has recovered, pretty please.

- - - Updated - - -

Chewing without consuming food could lead to a damaged stomach lining because your digestive system thinks you're chewing food for which it releases harsh digestive chemicals to breakdown the food.
    I can't stand the stuff. It's as bad as picking your teeth without a napkin in front of the face. Best done in private.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    ...wear more than one item of animal print at the same time. Not classy.

And l agree about the thin leggings. They look like they're wearing tights & forgot to put on a skirt! Don't these people ever look in a mirror?
    LOL this thread is so funny!!!
    i did not even know about those leggings......but reminds me of a naked emperor suit one pays for that?? haha

i would add, girls/women dont smoke while walking in the street! thats sooo terrible to me!

Agree with Mumsy: Picking your teeth without a napkin in front of the face is disgusting, regardless of who does it. Even with a napkin it should be done discreetly and quickly. Some people seem to enjoy the procedure and take aaaages picking their teeth in public - you can do that at home.

Basenotes Junkie

White lipstick. Dreadful.

... not be afraid, not hesitate to experiment with classic/vintage/alternative/formal wear or to indulge in tasteful, understated overdressing (hopefully, it doesn't sound like too much of a contradiction) once in a while, provided of course that the availability, affordability, appropriate occasions for these fashion choices exist and may be put to good use.

Wear a sheer frock without a petticoat so that the underwear is seen through it.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    ... not be afraid, not hesitate to experiment with classic/vintage/alternative/formal wear or to indulge in tasteful, understated overdressing (hopefully, it doesn't sound like too much of a contradiction) once in a while, provided of course that the availability, affordability, appropriate occasions for these fashion choices exist and may be put to good use.
    +1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Ken, I like your thinking. A little formality in everyday wear can add interest!
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

If you are going to clip or file your nails and comb your hair, do so at home or if you find you have to do it in subway or at a restaurant, be considerate and move away from others. Not pleasant to get someone's nail dust blown onto your lap, or have someone's stray hairs flying around you when you are eating.

I'm also not a big fan of how some women do their whole make-up routine on the subway, even when there is no powder (or other items that can end up on other people) involved.

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    I don't know about Indonesia but I see it often enough here in Singapore, particularly among young couples from a particular ethnic group. Some might find it endearing but I find it disturbing if not disrespectful. You might as well make the guy wear a pink tutu or a pair of stilletoes.
    I admit I've been guilty of this, as recently as today. I do try not to do it too often....

I second the not doing make up in the subway. Or in public in general. In addition to being dangerous, especially with pencil eyeliners, it's a sign of disorganization.
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    Make up which supposedly makes women look better is actually a killer in the long run of good skin, so as light as possible (its just chemicals, mostly, but marketed as ALL NATURAL).
    Foundation is good sunblock, not sunscreen, and I've used it for this for years; my skin looks better than my 7 years younger sister, who avoided makeup. I don't think makeup is all bad, at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that mostly what women shouldn't do is try to look like everyone else. Or worry too much about what people think.

But the things I personally don't like to see are:

"Chicha" (the oozing out of fat above a tight garment)
    Spandex on those who should not be wearing it
    Flat-ironed hair
    Those universally unflattering jumper dresses. There is simply no body type that can make those look good.

imagesCA1KY31W.jpg
    Last edited by Robin-in-FL; 19th March 2013 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Just my opinion - they should not over tattoo their bodies.
    I dumped a woman because I found tattoos on her body. It tells of her past.
    Vintage Kouros rocks

Pierce their nipples.

Yikes, I think she dodged a bullet, smellgood4u. I would not date a man who expected me to have no past, that is crazy. Do you think that women are created in pods somewhere, full-grown, blank slates? We have to have a past in order to be women, not girls!

But I do hope you found someone who suits you, and that she found a better match for her, too. Lots of people in the world.

I like tattoos on guys for the same reason you don't like them on women...I like experience, like to know a person has had a life and not spent all their energy on trying to make it look like they haven't. Scars, tattoos, I do like. Depth, I guess. Funny how we all value different things...

Blog Entries

Well said, Robin!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Ubar Woman by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Let their men lug their handbags around. Ever. It reflects poorly on the both of them.
    I carried my girlfriend's heavy handbag the other day. Surely better than carrying her and the handbag in the possible case of her collapsing under the weight of half of her possessions.