Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 60 of 102
  1. #1

    Default What women shouldn't do...

    Ok, to be fair, one for the girls too.

    Those new leggings that are nearly transparent just do not look good on anyone seen so far, whether thin or not. Note girls that they get increasingly transparent as their workload increases. Just don't without a skirt. Not good.

    Wear so much foundation that there is a line between the 'cake' and the neck. Imperfect skin is not best so covered up. Just do it lightly. No-one is looking at your complexion more than yourself. There are many good creams and potions out there and the rest comes from lots of green veg and fresh oily fish.

    Interest is generated by mystery. Baring all may seem alluring to some but doesn't leave any for Ron. The latest bafta type red carpet dresses illustrate that perfectly. The mostly covered are the most lovely.

  2. #2

    Default

    Wear heels if they can't walk in them. This includes stomping forth on heels as if wearing heavy winter boots on uneven terrain.

  3. #3

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Its gum not cud. Chew appropriately.

    for swap/sale:





  4. #4
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    84,020

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Just my opinion - they should not over tattoo their bodies.

  5. #5

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Make up which supposedly makes women look better is actually a killer in the long run of good skin, so as light as possible (its just chemicals, mostly, but marketed as ALL NATURAL).

  6. #6

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Its gum not cud. Chew appropriately.
    That is just so funny. I loath seeing anyone chewing the cud. Thank you for that one. That is its new name from now on.

  7. #7

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    That is just so funny. I loath seeing anyone chewing the cud. Thank you for that one. That is its new name from now on.

    Chewing without consuming food could lead to a damaged stomach lining because your digestive system thinks you're chewing food for which it releases harsh digestive chemicals to breakdown the food.

    for swap/sale:





  8. #8
    Basenotes Plus
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,747

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Let their men lug their handbags around. Ever. It reflects poorly on the both of them.

  9. #9

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Diamond, I saw this a lot in Shanghai and Seoul. Has it arrived in Indonesia already?
    I think it evolved in Korea or Japan.

    Didn't see it too much in Hong Kong. No said the Hong Kongnese men when the women said 'all your base are belong to us'.

    for swap/sale:





  10. #10

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Grow a moustache. Or chest hair.

  11. #11

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Its gum not cud. Chew appropriately.
    Just chewing gum per se

    Belly-button exposure - very rubbish

  12. #12
    Basenotes Plus
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,747

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Diamond, I saw this a lot in Shanghai and Seoul. Has it arrived in Indonesia already?
    I think it evolved in Korea or Japan.
    I don't know about Indonesia but I see it often enough here in Singapore, particularly among young couples from a particular ethnic group. Some might find it endearing but I find it disturbing if not disrespectful. You might as well make the guy wear a pink tutu or a pair of stilletoes.

  13. #13

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by Plaisir View Post
    Wear heels if they can't walk in them. This includes stomping forth on heels as if wearing heavy winter boots on uneven terrain.
    Amen. Practice at home, ladies, lest you look like Marcel Marceau doing the wind walk.

    And this may be particular to England, where I live, but teenage girls should not have beer bellies.

  14. #14
    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    6,227
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    ...wear more than one item of animal print at the same time. Not classy.

    And l agree about the thin leggings. They look like they're wearing tights & forgot to put on a skirt! Don't these people ever look in a mirror?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

  15. #15

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post

    And this may be particular to England, where I live, but teenage girls should not have beer bellies.
    Nor should those who have produced any children still think they can wear short tops. Please don't unless your skin has retained its elasticity. Those I have seen wearing such things, have not. Keep it under wraps until it has recovered, pretty please.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Chewing without consuming food could lead to a damaged stomach lining because your digestive system thinks you're chewing food for which it releases harsh digestive chemicals to breakdown the food.
    I can't stand the stuff. It's as bad as picking your teeth without a napkin in front of the face. Best done in private.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    london
    Posts
    878

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    ...wear more than one item of animal print at the same time. Not classy.

    And l agree about the thin leggings. They look like they're wearing tights & forgot to put on a skirt! Don't these people ever look in a mirror?
    LOL this thread is so funny!!!
    i did not even know about those leggings......but reminds me of a naked emperor suit one pays for that?? haha

    i would add, girls/women dont smoke while walking in the street! thats sooo terrible to me!

  17. #17

    Default

    Agree with Mumsy: Picking your teeth without a napkin in front of the face is disgusting, regardless of who does it. Even with a napkin it should be done discreetly and quickly. Some people seem to enjoy the procedure and take aaaages picking their teeth in public - you can do that at home.

  18. #18

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    White lipstick. Dreadful.

  19. #19

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    ... not be afraid, not hesitate to experiment with classic/vintage/alternative/formal wear or to indulge in tasteful, understated overdressing (hopefully, it doesn't sound like too much of a contradiction) once in a while, provided of course that the availability, affordability, appropriate occasions for these fashion choices exist and may be put to good use.

  20. #20

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Wear a sheer frock without a petticoat so that the underwear is seen through it.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    ... not be afraid, not hesitate to experiment with classic/vintage/alternative/formal wear or to indulge in tasteful, understated overdressing (hopefully, it doesn't sound like too much of a contradiction) once in a while, provided of course that the availability, affordability, appropriate occasions for these fashion choices exist and may be put to good use.
    +1.

  22. #22

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    ... not be afraid, not hesitate to experiment with classic/vintage/alternative/formal wear or to indulge in tasteful, understated overdressing (hopefully, it doesn't sound like too much of a contradiction) once in a while, provided of course that the availability, affordability, appropriate occasions for these fashion choices exist and may be put to good use.
    Ken, I like your thinking. A little formality in everyday wear can add interest!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  23. #23

    Default

    If you are going to clip or file your nails and comb your hair, do so at home or if you find you have to do it in subway or at a restaurant, be considerate and move away from others. Not pleasant to get someone's nail dust blown onto your lap, or have someone's stray hairs flying around you when you are eating.

    I'm also not a big fan of how some women do their whole make-up routine on the subway, even when there is no powder (or other items that can end up on other people) involved.

  24. #24

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    I don't know about Indonesia but I see it often enough here in Singapore, particularly among young couples from a particular ethnic group. Some might find it endearing but I find it disturbing if not disrespectful. You might as well make the guy wear a pink tutu or a pair of stilletoes.
    I admit I've been guilty of this, as recently as today. I do try not to do it too often....

    I second the not doing make up in the subway. Or in public in general. In addition to being dangerous, especially with pencil eyeliners, it's a sign of disorganization.
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

  25. #25
    Robin-in-FL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South of the South of the U.S.
    Posts
    1,599

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    Make up which supposedly makes women look better is actually a killer in the long run of good skin, so as light as possible (its just chemicals, mostly, but marketed as ALL NATURAL).
    Foundation is good sunblock, not sunscreen, and I've used it for this for years; my skin looks better than my 7 years younger sister, who avoided makeup. I don't think makeup is all bad, at all.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I think that mostly what women shouldn't do is try to look like everyone else. Or worry too much about what people think.

    But the things I personally don't like to see are:

    "Chicha" (the oozing out of fat above a tight garment)
    Spandex on those who should not be wearing it
    Flat-ironed hair
    Those universally unflattering jumper dresses. There is simply no body type that can make those look good.



    imagesCA1KY31W.jpg
    Last edited by Robin-in-FL; 19th March 2013 at 03:57 PM.

  26. #26

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Just my opinion - they should not over tattoo their bodies.
    I dumped a woman because I found tattoos on her body. It tells of her past.
    Vintage Kouros rocks

  27. #27

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Pierce their nipples.

  28. #28
    Robin-in-FL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South of the South of the U.S.
    Posts
    1,599

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Yikes, I think she dodged a bullet, smellgood4u. I would not date a man who expected me to have no past, that is crazy. Do you think that women are created in pods somewhere, full-grown, blank slates? We have to have a past in order to be women, not girls!

    But I do hope you found someone who suits you, and that she found a better match for her, too. Lots of people in the world.

    I like tattoos on guys for the same reason you don't like them on women...I like experience, like to know a person has had a life and not spent all their energy on trying to make it look like they haven't. Scars, tattoos, I do like. Depth, I guess. Funny how we all value different things...

  29. #29
    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    6,227
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Well said, Robin!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

  30. #30

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Let their men lug their handbags around. Ever. It reflects poorly on the both of them.
    I carried my girlfriend's heavy handbag the other day. Surely better than carrying her and the handbag in the possible case of her collapsing under the weight of half of her possessions.

  31. #31

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    VPL... it is avoidable.

    Thongs showing above the trouser line. Unless they are extremely beautiful and worth showing. Old withering straps a no no. Same for elderly bra straps falling out. There are special straps/pins for prevention of that.

    Lipstick on the teeth. Probably goes with the public application. Check in the mirror girls. Also feathering lipstick on an older mouth. Can be avoided by application of gentle mousturiser, then light foundation around the lips or a lip pencil in neutral before the lippy. Then the foundation feathers in the face colour instead and not the red lippy. Top tip.

  32. #32
    Basenotes Junkie Sapfir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    1,107

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by Plaisir View Post
    If you are going to clip or file your nails and comb your hair, do so at home or if you find you have to do it in subway or at a restaurant, be considerate and move away from others. Not pleasant to get someone's nail dust blown onto your lap, or have someone's stray hairs flying around you when you are eating.

    I'm also not a big fan of how some women do their whole make-up routine on the subway, even when there is no powder (or other items that can end up on other people) involved.
    Totally agree.

    What I hate most is people biting their nails, it is just so disgusting
    Last edited by Sapfir; 3rd March 2013 at 09:49 AM.

  33. #33
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    46

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    For me, putting too much make up. I mean too much that their face looks like a flour. Also, wearing the gown that shows their side boobs. It's too much, it's not sexy anymore.
    www.luvessentials.com

  34. #34

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL View Post
    Yikes, I think she dodged a bullet, smellgood4u. I would not date a man who expected me to have no past, that is crazy. Do you think that women are created in pods somewhere, full-grown, blank slates? We have to have a past in order to be women, not girls!
    Right on, Robin.

    Also - women should not berate or humiliate their partners in front of people. Praise in public, criticize in private, people.

  35. #35

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    Right on, Robin.

    Also - women should not berate or humiliate their partners in front of people. Praise in public, criticize in private, people.
    Same for the men, Kagey!

    Just a quick remark about the tatoo issue from my perspective:

    I don't mind seeing jail tatoos or tatoos from a concentration camp (obviously we see these less frequently now due to aging of that population).

    A tatoo for any other reason seems trite to me, no matter what the reason or what they commemorate.

  36. #36
    Basenotes Plus
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,747

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    I carried my girlfriend's heavy handbag the other day. Surely better than carrying her and the handbag in the possible case of her collapsing under the weight of half of her possessions.
    Wasn't referring to a hand-carried luggage, was talking about a lady's purse/clutch/etc. What has she got in her handbag that was so heavy? A 20 lb dumbell? Or her entire fragrance collection??

  37. #37
    Basenotes Plus
    knit at nite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    CA, Central Coast
    Posts
    4,845

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by seattlelight View Post

    I don't mind seeing jail tatoos or tatoos from a concentration camp (obviously we see these less frequently now due to aging of that population).

    A tatoo for any other reason seems trite to me, no matter what the reason or what they commemorate.
    I fear we are in the minority with that view . Many women here have their kids names tatted on their chest (near their heart). I always wonder, what the heck..can't you remember the child's NAME??
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

  38. #38

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Oh dear, I'm guilty of a few of those, including tattoos, piercings and even got my husband to carry my handbag once. It was on our wedding day, I was wearing stilettos and a dress and coat with a train on a muddy surfaced field, and one of the photos shows me holding his hand rather tightly with one hand and with my train over my other arm, trying to pick my way back to the path after sinking rather badly. He had my flowers in his other hand and my handbag around his wrist.

    It has to be said that although I do agree with a number of these, I also believe in not forcing people to conform and if I choose to do something which bucks the trend then that is my choice and I don't see why I should conform just because someone else thinks I should.

  39. #39

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Wasn't referring to a hand-carried luggage, was talking about a lady's purse/clutch/etc. What has she got in her handbag that was so heavy? A 20 lb dumbell? Or her entire fragrance collection??
    Don't really know. It could be bricks, or a little library. I nearly collapsed myself after a while.

  40. #40

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Those Barbie look-alike types... all of it... Put so much perfume on of that HUGE cloying nature when dressed to the nines in leopardskin print tight things, loads of real fur, dripping with loud gold jewellery, long talons with diamonds on, gigantic lashes smothered in mascara, pancake powder, stacks of make up and/or fake orange tan, piled high backcombed peroxided hair and all this with such high heels that the calves bulge badly.

    There was a television make up program that 'undid' one of these types of girl. She had gone on the program because she couldn't get men to take her seriously (really?). They re-brunetted and toned her right down. Subtle make up with a stunning little black dress, hair scooped into a loose chignon, a lace cardie and pearls. She looked like Audrey Hepburn when they had finished... a really stunning girl. She kept the new look and scooped a smashing BF who wanted to marry her straight away.

  41. #41
    teardrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The south of England
    Posts
    6,227
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    Those Barbie look-alike types... all of it... Put so much perfume on of that HUGE cloying nature when dressed to the nines in leopardskin print tight things, loads of real fur, dripping with loud gold jewellery, long talons with diamonds on, gigantic lashes smothered in mascara, pancake powder, stacks of make up and/or fake orange tan, piled high backcombed peroxided hair and all this with such high heels that the calves bulge badly.

    There was a television make up program that 'undid' one of these types of girl. She had gone on the program because she couldn't get men to take her seriously (really?). They re-brunetted and toned her right down. Subtle make up with a stunning little black dress, hair scooped into a loose chignon, a lace cardie and pearls. She looked like Audrey Hepburn when they had finished... a really stunning girl. She kept the new look and scooped a smashing BF who wanted to marry her straight away.
    l think l saw that programme mumsy, they called it a "makeunder", a brilliant idea! l've seen a few women who could do with one of those...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

  42. #42

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    l think l saw that programme mumsy, they called it a "makeunder", a brilliant idea! l've seen a few women who could do with one of those...
    Yes, a brilliant idea and sadly needed for those who believe that you can only be successful if you're so groomed that there's no individuality or personality on show at all.

    At the other end of the scale you have me, who smells good but often smells good in bike leathers, with hair tied up to go under a helmet and with no makeup at all on.

  43. #43

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by sfmedusa View Post
    At the other end of the scale you have me, who smells good but often smells good in bike leathers, with hair tied up to go under a helmet and with no makeup at all on.
    Me too. I'm the epitome of makeunder. Black polo necks and black jeans like a uniform. Hair scraped into a pony/bun. No make up and bags. Everything going South with age... but tell you what... I smell divine.

  44. #44

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Hi Knit - indeed we are! Those are the only "authentic" tatoos, in my mind.

    Yes - kid's names and faces, particularly if they died. Strange behavior. Oh, well, it's not my body and I'm not interested in looking at the bodies that have them - so I don't!

  45. #45

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Well, just talking about appearances (rather than behavior) I say tattoos, piercings, fake nails, fake boobs, bleach, bronzer, too much makeup, too little clothing, etc, etc, what have you, is all just fine by me. Honestly, why should I care what other women do to their own faces and bodies? I've seen the pics of Snooki without makeup, and although I think it's a shame that she covers up her natural beauty in order to look like a porn star, it's her choice and one that's obviously empowering to her. I like that we all have lots of choices when it comes to how we want to present ourselves to the world, and I think women (and men, btw) should do anything they want as long as it makes them feel happy and confident, it isn't breaking any laws and it isn't hurting anyone (including themselves, of course.)

    ...but you're absolutely right mumsy; leggings aren't pants.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 22nd March 2013 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Needed a tweak. :)
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

  46. #46

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Going to college in Indiana University Bloomington for my first year as an undergraduate, I see a lot of things girls/women should not do... This includes aforementioned nearly transparent tights on unflattering figures, old off-white thongs and off-colored underwear peeking out of jeans, and personally I think that if a woman has tanned skin she should not wear a nude lip that is 3 shades lighter than her skin color as that just looks like she has a tan gone bad... Also, tanning- why tan yourself until you look like a piece of burnt toast...? I don't understand why I keep women with burnt-toast fake tans on the public transit buses... There is more, but this is what comes to mind for now...

  47. #47

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Women shouldn't watch so many reality shows. Just kidding just kidding, but seriously my girlfriend watches them all the time. I guess the same could be said about myself watching sports. I agree, the fake beauty of my generation and younger is getting quite out of control. Orange is not a sexy skin tone. Also, the tights that look like jeans, they look cheap. I don't care who you are, the jean tights need to be burned.
    Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    Those Barbie look-alike types... all of it... Put so much perfume on of that HUGE cloying nature when dressed to the nines in leopardskin print tight things, loads of real fur, dripping with loud gold jewellery, long talons with diamonds on, gigantic lashes smothered in mascara, pancake powder, stacks of make up and/or fake orange tan, piled high backcombed peroxided hair and all this with such high heels that the calves bulge badly.

    There was a television make up program that 'undid' one of these types of girl. She had gone on the program because she couldn't get men to take her seriously (really?). They re-brunetted and toned her right down. Subtle make up with a stunning little black dress, hair scooped into a loose chignon, a lace cardie and pearls. She looked like Audrey Hepburn when they had finished... a really stunning girl. She kept the new look and scooped a smashing BF who wanted to marry her straight away.

  48. #48
    Basenotes Plus
    senore01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NEW YORK CITY
    Posts
    3,854
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Women shouldn't watch so many reality shows. Just kidding just kidding, but seriously my girlfriend watches them all the time. I guess the same could be said about myself watching sports. I agree, the fake beauty of my generation and younger is getting quite out of control. Orange is not a sexy skin tone. Also, the tights that look like jeans, they look cheap. I don't care who you are, the jean tights need to be burned.
    I agree with that one.

  49. #49
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    244

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Make up is a turn off for me. Can look real nasty. IMO English girls need to been schooled in applying make up. You see them a lot, face orange and the neck is white, disgusting really disgusting.

    I went travelling and saw girls from all nations. Natural look seems to be the preferred choice.

    Ohh.. seeing them taking it off and the wipe is just covered... Grim.

  50. #50
    Dependent mesaboogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Los Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    2,914

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Pierce their nipples.
    Agreed. IMHO they shouldn't pierce anything other than their ears unless they're the bass player for an obscure metal rock band. Nip, lip, nose, neck, and...erm...other piercings are a turn off for me.

    Also, a woman should not have a tattoo anywhere near her chest. Chest tattoos on a woman are a HUGE turn off for me and instant NO in regards to whether I will date her or not. Also, no tats on the lower back or leading below the waist/hips like those cheesy holstered gun tattoos. That's very unclassy IMO. I don't mind tattoos in moderation.

    Woman shouldn't wear low cut or revealing clothing and expect men not to ogle and stare.

    Also, women shouldn't complain that there are no nice guys left in the world, then break a nice guy's heart.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

    Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

  51. #51

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by NenMaster View Post
    Make up is a turn off for me. Can look real nasty. IMO English girls need to been schooled in applying make up. You see them a lot, face orange and the neck is white, disgusting really disgusting.
    I have sympathy with this position. The bad face makeup and the orange fake tan. It's not pretty.

  52. #52

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Taking hours and hours to shop when 30 minutes will do.

    +1 Agree on having too many tattoo's, we call them "tramp stamps" where I'm from.lol

    Applying make up while driving.

  53. #53

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Pay too much mind to what other people think. :P

  54. #54

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    ^ Agreed.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

  55. #55
    Basenotes Junkie Sapfir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    1,107

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by onaluna View Post
    Pay too much mind to what other people think. :P
    +1

    Watched this makeunder programme. Funny and sad)))
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

  56. #56
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    46

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Women should know what to wear and when to wear them. I do not really care about fads and all, as long as you look good on something and feel good on something, then your fashion sense is good.
    www.luvessentials.com

  57. #57
    Basenotes Junkie Curly11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    786

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Wear clothes that are 2-3 sizes too small. Expose lots of skin, cleavage, and cleft. What is wrong with leaving something to the imagination?
    I was at Walgreen's last week and noticed that white lipstick is being marketed. This is a bad idea for most women. White lipstick just makes a woman look, well, deceased. I suppose it might look OK on a woman with richly pigmented, dark skin, but I'm not totally convinced.

  58. #58

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Gauges/flesh tunnels/plugs/great-big-holes-in-the-ear and smoking marijuana.

    I think these two pet peeves are due to me being English and having spent my entire life in England until I was 19 before moving out to America for college. Back home, your average girl on the street doesn't have the big holes in their ears and doesn't smoke marijuana. I've found that America the big holes in the ears are far more common and just about every girl smokes. I could have an accident in the kitchen and still can count the girls I know who don't smoke on one hand.

    I suppose I'm just not used to it, nonetheless, I don't think it's very pleasant.

  59. #59

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by HAllen View Post
    Gauges/flesh tunnels/plugs/great-big-holes-in-the-ear and smoking marijuana. ... I've found that America the big holes in the ears are far more common and just about every girl smokes. I could have an accident in the kitchen and still can count the girls I know who don't smoke on one hand.

    I suppose I'm just not used to it, nonetheless, I don't think it's very pleasant.
    A) "Girl" implies lack of agency. Are you sure that you're not speaking of young adults here? Those would be women. Young women, yes. But not girls.
    B) Honestly, sincerely, I ask: what's wrong with marijuana? Why is that plant, and the habit of smoking it so stigmatized?
    It's arguably less harmful than a lot of things that are legal. It's just a damn plant, you know?
    Don't ask me to scrute the geranium. Some things are inscrutable.

  60. #60

    Default Re: What women shouldn't do...

    Quote Originally Posted by onaluna View Post
    A) "Girl" implies lack of agency. Are you sure that you're not speaking of young adults here? Those would be women. Young women, yes. But not girls.
    B) Honestly, sincerely, I ask: what's wrong with marijuana? Why is that plant, and the habit of smoking it so stigmatized?
    It's arguably less harmful than a lot of things that are legal. It's just a damn plant, you know?
    I've always said 'girls'. It's an English thing. My mum even calls her friends 'girls'.

    Back home growing up not many people smoked marijuana, and the people that did usually dropped out of school and went onto harder drugs. I feel like in England marijuana is more of a gateway drug, whereas in America it's more of a social thing. I'm just not used to meeting a girl who, when asked what she's up to this weekend, says she's just going to smoke.

Similar Threads

  1. What men shouldn't do
    By noirdrakkar in forum Fashion and Style
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 15th March 2014, 12:51 PM
  2. I know this shouldn't bother me but...
    By tonghpafu in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 1st August 2012, 07:41 AM
  3. I really shouldn't admit this but...
    By fragranceman88 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10th July 2011, 08:36 PM
  4. The one you shouldn't like... but do
    By jathanas in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 3rd February 2011, 03:29 PM
  5. Should I or shouldn't I
    By TDDanae in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 21st January 2007, 12:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000