Code of Conduct

Default Slumberhouse Jeke (extrait version - 2013)

OK, so I know there has been a lot of talk about Slumberhouse in other threads, but I feel that Jeke deserves its own thread (with its own "title," I think there was another thread about Jeke as an autumn scent), especially in the "newer" concentrated version. I think last week I received the extrait version and, whatever version I received, in my view it is an amazing fragrance, upping the quality of something that was already great.

When I ordered this last week, I was surprised to see that the color of Jeke was different than my sample--instead of brown, it was a deep, rich, dark green. There is something about the color that makes the juice already an aesthetic experience--like wine, I could sit there and gaze at it for quite some time, but I didn't want to expose it to the light too much.

At any rate, I did a side-by-side with my sample, which I think was the previous, non-extrait iteration of Jeke.

The scent is practically the same in the opening. I get immediately smoke, tobacco, leather. I don't sense any roughness that has been spoken about in earlier iterations--on the contrary, this stuff is to my nose very smooth.

As for the difference from the earlier version, it was only after a couple hours had passed that I could really tell the difference. The newer version stays stronger and richer throughout. What I mean by richer is that there are so many perceptible facets and notes that weave in and out after hours have elapsed, that the complexity of the fragrance is intensified over a greater length of time. Around the four hour mark there was something like a dry "cocoa" note that I was getting, that I had not picked up earlier. I don't know if there is cocoa in the fragrance, but the effect was somehow there. Absolutely incredible. To my nose, it succeeds in somehow having a well-blended feel, and yet, one where a note will stand out more at one time than at another.

Immediately after I put it on this morning, my wife started swooning with delight. Projection is incredible. From 12 feet away my wife was saying, wow, your perfume is amazing. This stuff is certainly complex, but it is so smooth--I wouldn't call it predominantly "elegant" (like Guerlain), since it does have a certain rustic quality, but it is absolutely wearable anywhere, I find it very versatile. In the later stages, when the leather starts getting even smoother, I could even imagine dressing this up.

I also think that this iteration is every bit the equal of Sova in terms of quality. It seems to me still a bargain for the price Slumberhouse is asking, even with the newer prices.

If you already have the older Jeke, I wouldn't worry about getting a new bottle or anything like that since the differences are slight (from the most recent 2012 version which is more brown in color), but if / when you do finish the bottle and want to replenish, you are in for a treat in the upgrade.

Have others tried the extrait version? What are your impressions?

Sorry for the length of the post!

Default Re: Slumberhouse Jeke (extrait version - 2013)

Nice review. Haven't tried this one yet.

I may or may not have the extrait, probably not. Either way, it amazes me how Josh just keeps on improving already amazing scents.

Basenotes Institution

My juice in my sample was green-ish too. I liked wearing it and found it unique and engaging enough to differentiate it from other Slumberhouse scents which sort of give off the same vibe. The cocoa note is tricky - there are many times when I think cocoa ruins a scent, for me. But in this one it smells fantastic.

Nonetheless, when I get $ I think I'll be getting Sova instead of this one.

Thanks for making a thread just for this scent!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Jeke is a great scent and lasts forever. I sprayed a little on my jacket a week ago and the scent is still there. The opening is very strong, so I let it settle a bit before going anywhere, but the dry down is amazing.

Disappointed I can't really wear this to work because of the great projection, but that's a small setback

Edit: not sure if I have the newer version. My sample is a green color and just received it last week

Can't wait to get my hands on Sova.
    Last edited by Dschlitz; 16th February 2013 at 11:53 PM.

Definitely have loved Jeke for a few years. I have about 4-5 sample vials of Jeke, all of which seem to be different colors. This has stymied me enough to set them aside, wondering what is up.

Any info, such as this post, that helps make sense of that is appreciated! I admit, I've yet to actually side-by-side try them out, but I should.

Quote Originally Posted by ElVee View Post
    Definitely have loved Jeke for a few years. I have about 4-5 sample vials of Jeke, all of which seem to be different colors. This has stymied me enough to set them aside, wondering what is up.

Any info, such as this post, that helps make sense of that is appreciated! I admit, I've yet to actually side-by-side try them out, but I should.
    Yeah, Slumberhouse fragrances seem to be constantly evolving and getting tweaked, so that is probably why you are getting different vial colors (and presumably smells) from each one.

I think I'll be getting a sample of Jeke extrait in the mail by this weekend, so I'll post my thoughts once I wear it to tell you all the differences I get.

I suppose more folks would have had time to try the new extrait-strength Slumberhouses by now. Does anyone have more thoughts on how they measure up against the old esprit de parfum versions? Sova and Norne as well.

I have to say that I, for one, don't even know which iterations I've been trying. My Jeke, for instance, is a deep, dark green (not brown). I'm going to have to spritz it again to see if I can spot the "cocoa" note that gtsb mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by rowan- View Post
    I suppose more folks would have had time to try the new extrait-strength Slumberhouses by now. Does anyone have more thoughts on how they measure up against the old esprit de parfum versions? Sova and Norne as well.

I have to say that I, for one, don't even know which iterations I've been trying. My Jeke, for instance, is a deep, dark green (not brown). I'm going to have to spritz it again to see if I can spot the "cocoa" note that gtsb mentioned.
    Well, it's not Jeke, but I do own the most recent extrait version of Sova. It is very similar to the version I had as a sample, but I do notice it lasts even longer (24+ hours compared to 16+).

I'm just bumping the thread so the OP can see my recent first impressions that I had on the fragrance. It's posted to my blog (which is in my signature), but for a brief overview:

I really like the scent, and it is definitely a bit different than the original version. It is a little softer, more well-rounded, and quite rooty and dirty. I'm going to wear it a few more times before giving it a few reviews, but I am definitely considering getting a larger amount at some point (not really in the near future, I don't think, since I am already getting Norne soon).
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Thank you OctaVariuM, that was a great post!

I love Jeke from the first spray... and it just gets better after that. Thanks again for your thoughts--

I've tried all of Slumberhouse's frags. Jeke is tobacco, smoke, leather and spice...rich, opulent, but this is WAY too strong. The only way I could wear it would be to do a half spritz behind the knees. I enjoyed many of Slumberhouses offerings, but they were all really really strong. I just couldn't wear most. The first clue was the color, they looked like Indian Attar oils in the vials...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I always look for a good projection/longevity monster...BUT the Slumberhouse extrait scents are really too powerful. Norne is a Christmas tree explosion, Rume smells nice but is overpowering, Vikt and Sana the same over-poweringness. Pear and Olive were the only two I could actually spray a full spritz on myself. It is very nice, great notes. The others seem like If you dilute them 10:1 in alcohol they would be nice also. Sana was the only one I disliked...fermented fruit. I have an orchard and grape vineyard and the rotten fruit that fall to the ground smell exactly like that note in Sana.
    Last edited by Ornithorhynchusanatinus; 23rd March 2013 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornithorhynchusanatinus View Post
    I've tried all of Slumberhouse's frags. Jeke is tobacco, smoke, leather and spice...rich, opulent, but this is WAY too strong. The only way I could wear it would be to do a half spritz behind the knees. I enjoyed many of Slumberhouses offerings, but they were all really really strong. I just couldn't wear most. The first clue was the color, they looked like Indian Attar oils in the vials...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I always look for a good projection/longevity monster...BUT the Slumberhouse extrait scents are really too powerful. Norne is a Christmas tree explosion, Rume smells nice but is overpowering, Vikt and Sana the same over-poweringness. Pear and Olive were the only two I could actually spray a full spritz on myself. It is very nice, great notes. The others seem like If you dilute them 10:1 in alcohol they would be nice also. Sana was the only one I disliked...fermented fruit. I have an orchard and grape vineyard and the rotten fruit that fall to the ground smell exactly like that note in Sana.
    Interesting how people's views differ when it comes to what can be worn. I regularly wear one spray of Sova or any of the other Slumberhouse frags on my chest without an issue. They are not meant to be projection heavy, just longevity heavy. I guess different skin reacts differently, and I'm just glad mine likes them.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Just received my extrait Pear + Olive today and I have to say it's absolutely fantastic. So cool how the bottle is the same as the old ones but with clear glass beads inside.

I can't stop smelling the back of my hand ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ornithorhynchusanatinus View Post
    I enjoyed many of Slumberhouses offerings, but they were all really really strong. I just couldn't wear most. The first clue was the color, they looked like Indian Attar oils in the vials...
    Forgive my abysmal ignorance but I've wondered about this: how are those lovely intense Slumberhouse colours created? Are the colours added in the process or do they actually come from the absolutes used?

(I used to think the colour was simply added but if it was, there wouldn't have to be such a wide range of colour variations across batches, would there?)

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    Interesting how people's views differ when it comes to what can be worn. I regularly wear one spray of Sova or any of the other Slumberhouse frags on my chest without an issue. They are not meant to be projection heavy, just longevity heavy. I guess different skin reacts differently, and I'm just glad mine likes them.
    I wear just one spray too, and I'm very glad my skin takes well to Slumberhouse. I can't tell exactly how projection-heavy Jeke is, but have received more comments about it than any other frag I've worn (with Norne a respectable second). But maybe it's just because it's so different from what people normally think of as perfume that they were intrigued enough to say something about it.

And thank you for posting your impressions of Jeke and Sova. My decants of both are running out fast and I intend to get FBs - the only question is which one first.
    Last edited by rowan-; 24th March 2013 at 10:30 AM.

Inspired by this thread I wore Jeke yesterday--the way I did it, one generous spray to the wrist, and then I dab behind my ears and on the other wrist. It really worked well that way--by the way my wife loves this on me, and I got many compliments at a party that I went to in the evening.

So did I! One spray of Jeke to the crook of my arm yesterday after I made that last post. Jeke really does make people talk, doesn't it? I never know how it's pronounced when they ask what it's called though - something almost like Jicky?

Forgive my abysmal ignorance but I've wondered about this: how are those lovely intense Slumberhouse colours created? Are the colours added in the process or do they actually come from the absolutes used?

(I used to think the colour was simply added but if it was, there wouldn't have to be such a wide range of colour variations across batches, would there?)

I wear just one spray too, and I'm very glad my skin takes well to Slumberhouse. I can't tell exactly how projection-heavy Jeke is, but have received more comments about it than any other frag I've worn (with Norne a respectable second). But maybe it's just because it's so different from what people normally think of as perfume that they were intrigued enough to say something about it.

And thank you for posting your impressions of Jeke and Sova. My decants of both are running out fast and I intend to get FBs - the only question is which one first.
    I figure my 1,000th post should be about my favorite house.

I can answer the question about the colors. As far as I know, they are all legitimate colors from the absolutes Josh uses. He uses unusually hard to find ingredients, so they tend to be colored very richly and, I assume, not diluted at all. I figure Pear and Olive looks pretty much like how pear or olive absolutes would look color wise. Same goes for all the dark greens in Norne. Stuff like lichen or moss is going to be naturally dark in color.

As for which fragrance to get first, I can only give you my opinion. Right now I'm still sort of undecided on Jeke as to whether it is FBW or not. However, I do own and very much enjoy Sova. It's probably my most cherished fragrance I have. If you don't have a sample of the newest extrait version of Sova, see if you can snag one from Josh. It's very nice and slightly different from the esprit.

Me, I went with Sova, because they seem to me to be in the same general family (scent siblings, maybe) but the residue of Sova on worn clothing, or my skin the next day, is so deliriously lovely, and I'm not quite as wild about the final end of Jeke. (Although I feel that now I must try the "new" Jeke and see if my opinion has changed at all.)

I'm dying to know what Josh might be working on. I hope it's not too, er, what might be considered wearable! So far (after another wear yesterday) I've decided that the only Slumberhouse of my sample collection that I'm really, really not in love with is Pear and Olive. I find it similar to the sweet thread running through Sova -- but there's so much else going on in Sova to keep it interesting. P+O just never goes beyond "nice scent for a bubblebath" to me. I even tried layering it with some of my NK Incense -- and it swallowed the Incense whole, and remained limply sweet and fruity.

Congrats on your 1,000th post OctaVariuM! Slumberhouse is rapidly making its way past a great number of houses that I like but don't love.

Yes, it makes sense that the colours come from the absolutes. I do wonder what Josh has changed from batch to batch though - my Jeke and Sova samples are both different shades of green (though they look distinctly amber / brown on the Slumberhouse website - I don't have those and I can't help but wonder how different they smell).

I used to liked Jeke more, for its soft, worn, woody, smoky leather drydown, but later found that the cloves can get in the way ever so occasionally. On the other hand, my very first spritz of Sova came across as too sweet and too sticky, but I learnt to spray with a lighter hand, and I rapidly became fond of the burnt-caramel note even though my skin generally doesn't do well with syrupy Lutens-type sweetness. I don't actually even know what version of Sova I have, only that it is growing on me by leaps and bounds... there is something strangely addictive and even slightly narcotic about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CompassRose View Post
    Me, I went with Sova, because they seem to me to be in the same general family (scent siblings, maybe) but the residue of Sova on worn clothing, or my skin the next day, is so deliriously lovely, and I'm not quite as wild about the final end of Jeke. (Although I feel that now I must try the "new" Jeke and see if my opinion has changed at all.)

I'm dying to know what Josh might be working on. I hope it's not too, er, what might be considered wearable! So far (after another wear yesterday) I've decided that the only Slumberhouse of my sample collection that I'm really, really not in love with is Pear and Olive. I find it similar to the sweet thread running through Sova -- but there's so much else going on in Sova to keep it interesting. P+O just never goes beyond "nice scent for a bubblebath" to me. I even tried layering it with some of my NK Incense -- and it swallowed the Incense whole, and remained limply sweet and fruity.
    Couldn't agree more - I don't know what Josh puts in there, but I get that same delirious feeling when I come home and smell Sova residue still hanging in the air. And it is one tenacious little bugger on clothing - I picked up a jacket and recognised the scent immediately even though I hadn't worn Sova for at least half a week! So yes, I'm leaning rather strongly towards Sova.

On the other hand, I suspect my liking for Jeke is slowly being tempered by repeated wearings. I did get a slightly dodgier-than-usual end with Jeke when I woke up today, after spraying yesterday - not quite sure how to describe it, maybe cloves gone a bit funky, but at any rate not quite the drydown I thought I was used to.

P+O is just too nice. I'll admit it did exceed my expectations - I avoid potentially sweet and fruity fragrances like the plague, so was pleasantly surprised to discover that this was a friendly, mellow sort of pear (and I much prefer it to all the shrill, horrible department store perfumes out there). I remember getting my hopes up after someone elsewhere online mentioned how it reminded them of blue cheese (!) but no such luck for me - P+O didn't go beyond pear, and probably isn't ever going to be a priority for me where the Slumberhouse line is concerned. (Though I can't imagine it eating your NK Incense alive - not that I've had the pleasure of trying Incense, but I swear I will get my hands on a sample some day, after all this talk about it!)

The one Slumberhouse I've tried so far that really doesn't work for me is Rume, but maybe I just don't feel comfortable smelling literally like cola and Christmas fruitcake, which is how it wears on me.

On the other hand, I suspect my liking for Jeke is slowly being tempered by repeated wearings. I did get a slightly dodgier-than-usual end with Jeke when I woke up today, after spraying yesterday - not quite sure how to describe it, maybe cloves gone a bit funky, but at any rate not quite the drydown I thought I was used to.
    I find Jeke goes not-so-great on me when I get overheated or sweat. I wore it once to a day out in Toronto in December; the weather was weird and very unusually mild, and I had a winter coat and sweater on, but was too hot in the coat and too cold in the sweater, so I wound up alternately sweating and being chilled -- and man, by the end of the day, it was really not my friend.

Sova, on the other hand, loves to go dancing, and when I dance, it's entirely for the aerobic benefits.

I liked Jeke and Norne...BUT they were overpowering. Each one had something about it that was too much. I love longevity/projection but Slumberhouse needed serious diluting. The others I didn't like except Pear and Olive...I liked that one.

For me it was Norne that didn't thrill me. That pine smell didn't wow me like the other scents did.

I just bought the extrait bottles of Sova, Pear & Olive and Jeke to go with my esprit bottles of Ore and Vikt, but would love a bottle of Sana. Josh gave me a sample of it with my bottle of Vikt, and I find that downright cruel, seeing as how Sana is discontinued and all.

I like how almost all the frags are dense, resinous and syrupy; they're the kind of winter scents I really enjoy (but they're still alright for summer).

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    For me it was Norne that didn't thrill me. That pine smell didn't wow me like the other scents did.

I just bought the extrait bottles of Sova, Pear & Olive and Jeke to go with my esprit bottles of Ore and Vikt, but would love a bottle of Sana. Josh gave me a sample of it with my bottle of Vikt, and I find that downright cruel, seeing as how Sana is discontinued and all.

I like how almost all the frags are dense, resinous and syrupy; they're the kind of winter scents I really enjoy (but they're still alright for summer).
    Haha, good point on the cruel part. He's given me several samples of stuff no longer available, like Baque, Kere, and Ore to name the few that come to mind (might be all). I love Ore so much! Unfortunately it's discontinued and I missed the last run he had a month or so back. I would love to get my hands on a bottle. I think I like it more than Sova, my favorite from the brand.

Anyway, I'll have to give Jeke another try sometime, maybe over the weekend. I don't really get the leather thing, but I'm sure it is there and that I was just not looking for it.

Blog Entries

Jeke is my favourite out of Jeke, Norne, Pear+Olive, and Sova.

Norne is horrid on me, Sova is alright but not something that I would reach for, and Pear+Olive is like something from the Fruits & Passions store with balsamic.

With that said, I do not like the opening of Jeke at all, but it dries down nicely and the base is something pleasant.
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

I apologise - I was remembering my Slumberhouses incorrectly. It's Baque that I really like, not Sana.
    With my last order I received samples of Baque, Sana and Kote, and I like them in that order.

Kote has a bitter almond essence kind of smell with an astringent note that is a little like a cross between red wine and bleach. I know that sounds like it's awful, but it's really rather decent, but not compared to the rest of the line, and not my kind of scent.

There's a lot of talk about the balsamic tones that is Josh's signature, and nowhere is it more pronounced, in my opinion, than in Sana. It is this acidity that cuts through the sweetness, making it much more wearable and interesting than it otherwise might have been. It's the sharp greenery that is the star in this one, and it isn't my kinda scent. The fruit takes a while to come through, and it's quite subdued when it does.

Baque, on the other hand, blasts you with booze and fruit from the get go; not to the extent of Rume, but it's easy to assume the two scents sprung from the same prototype. Once it dries down it has a beautiful fruit and tobacco feel that is utterly beautiful.
    So my apologies again, all, this is the discontinued juice I feel taunted with, with Josh having given me a sample atomiser.

Basenotes Plus

Applied one spray out of the sample on my chest 15 minutes ago. All I smell so far is barbecue sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by CompassRose View Post
    I find Jeke goes not-so-great on me when I get overheated or sweat. I wore it once to a day out in Toronto in December; the weather was weird and very unusually mild, and I had a winter coat and sweater on, but was too hot in the coat and too cold in the sweater, so I wound up alternately sweating and being chilled -- and man, by the end of the day, it was really not my friend.

Sova, on the other hand, loves to go dancing, and when I dance, it's entirely for the aerobic benefits.
    I think this may be why I feel more comfortable wearing Sova - I never know when Jeke might turn on me. The day I wore Jeke and had to walk further than I'd expected was the day I suspected I smelled like something quite medicinal.

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    Haha, good point on the cruel part. He's given me several samples of stuff no longer available, like Baque, Kere, and Ore to name the few that come to mind (might be all). I love Ore so much! Unfortunately it's discontinued and I missed the last run he had a month or so back. I would love to get my hands on a bottle. I think I like it more than Sova, my favorite from the brand.
    I'm probably in the minority on this, but I'd rather get to try samples of the discontinued ones than not at all, if only to find out what they were like. After reading what everyone's written about them, I feel like I've missed something with Baque and Ore. Actually, I wouldn't mind trying anything Josh has ever put out, either.

I'm a fan and of the range it is my favourite by far although I will be spending more time retrying everything.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    Applied one spray out of the sample on my chest 15 minutes ago. All I smell so far is barbecue sauce.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/212...=1#post2899359

That is also how my partner described it. He said Sova smelled like burned squash.

He's not particularly a fragrance fan.

I finally ordered a FB of Jeke Extrait today. I was wearing again my sample (brown coloured, not the extrait version) and i really love it.
    Especially during those cold days, this frag is really dense and warm. No freshness here for sure.
    I cannot manage to identify the notes but there is something that reminds me of dry and alcoholised fruits without sweetness. Resins... not green or medicinal as in norne.
    So now i'm waiting for my bottle...

With Norne sold out I am pondering getting this one before the sale ends.

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    With Norne sold out I am pondering getting this one before the sale ends.
    There will be a slight price-hike when the new bottles are introduced, so buying it now is actually more of a savings than it seems. With that said, if you've got your heart set on Norne, I'd hold out for that unless you've tried and love Jeke. It's a much smokier scent.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    There will be a slight price-hike when the new bottles are introduced, so buying it now is actually more of a savings than it seems. With that said, if you've got your heart set on Norne, I'd hold out for that unless you've tried and love Jeke. It's a much smokier scent.
    Thanks deadidol your thread in the general discussion is awesome and I just missed the boat being out of town on Norne. I am game to experience this line.

Blog Entries

Annnnd I just pulled the trigger on Jeke. I wish Norne was still in stock.
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

I just pulled JEKE out a few nights ago. It's been sitting in my closet since I purchased it a few months ago.

After 2 days of full wearings I must say this is fantastic but it has nothing to do with comfort or pleasantries. IMO it is a smell more than it is a fragrance . Whatever the case is I like smelling green bitter cigar leafs or a used cigar lounge.

I have yet to dress properly for this occasion but I can see myself in a nice dress shirt jeans and leather loafers rocking this as I am sipping on Tequila. This is Malboro Man stuff.

Two sprays is all that is needed. One in some occasions maybe. One to the chest and one to the back of my neck.

Great Stuff

that stuff is potent...it is smelling up my room through the sample vial and I havent even opened it up yet
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Everytime I wear it Jeke reminds me of the smell from a newly opened can of perique tobacco - 'plummy tobacco'. I apply a mist over my upper body by gently pushing the sprayer. This is fantastic stuff and all I ever wanted from a tobacco frag.

Basenotes Institution

Wearing this again today. Wow, I sprayed a tiny too much - I'm getting the 'barbecue sauce' smell someone else mentioned. Very smoky. I love it. It's slightly cooler here in Miami today, and the a/c is cranking in my office, so I'm safe. But I know see how this could easily become cloying or oppressive in hot weather.

Weird, I don't think of this as a 'tobacco scent' per se...although sometimes I can be anosmic to tobacco notes.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I wore Jeke Saturday night. I get mainly smoke and wood, but there is also a persistent cigar leaf wrapper note just underneath. Some of the pipe tobacco scents are too sweet, but not this one. I found the EDP a bit harsh, but the extrait is very smooth.

Feels like the most complete fragrance from the line. Starts great, gets a little generic with all of the ambery resins - (benzoin, labdanum, etc), and patchouli. Good but I lost a little interest. Not sure which if any of these I really like. Recently tried Norne, Vikt, Norne, Grev, Sova again. I think I like Norne best as it usually doesn't end up annoying me in one way or another. Many possibilities with the line. Be good to see them reworked by a master perfumer.

Either way, a lot more interesting than the average Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Wearing this again today. Wow, I sprayed a tiny too much - I'm getting the 'barbecue sauce' smell someone else mentioned. Very smoky. I love it. It's slightly cooler here in Miami today, and the a/c is cranking in my office, so I'm safe. But I know see how this could easily become cloying or oppressive in hot weather.

Weird, I don't think of this as a 'tobacco scent' per se...although sometimes I can be anosmic to tobacco notes.

I only get the tobacco at the very beginning. Once it settles in it becomes a very different scent. I think it is a wonderful fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Feels like the most complete fragrance from the line.
    Without a doubt. The others are too far out there to be considered wearable IMO.

Hi!

Nice review! I do also think Jeke is a very interesting fragrance, although not versatile in my opinion. Here is my opinion.

Take care.

Jeke was my first foray into SH, and a blind buy bottle at that. The description fit me and I was not disappointed. Smoke and leather powerhouse. After living with it for a while, I am starting to find it a bit sweet in the drydown, and as pluran alludes, the ambery resin and patchouli finish is a bit more conventional than the opening, and than the other fragrances in general.

I love Sova, it's a world of its own, but I am not that often in the mood to go there.

It's Vikt which has turned out to be the most versatile and the most frequent wear for me.

I didn't care for Pear & Olive or Zahd and have a sample of Norne I haven't tried yet. Have to get to that.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

More recently I've been taken by smokey scents. Bois d'Ascese has really hit the right buttons for me and become a favorite upon first sniff. I'm wondering about the most recent "edition" of Slumberhouse Jeke. Has anyone sniffed more recently that would be willing to share their thoughts?

How are the smoke notes in the extrait? More or less prominent...? Which do you prefer - is the new version worth obtaining?
    Last edited by rynegne; 19th August 2014 at 05:21 PM.

I just tried Jeke yesterday, it's definitely not what I was expecting. Although I did get a bit of cade - I didn't get the overtly smokey vibe others have and I struggled to pull out any tobacco notes.

I felt like Jeke Extrait closely resembles a sweeter, vanillic-benzoin infused version of Baque. I need to wear it a bit more as I was only able to spend a few hours with the fragrance...so I could be a bit off.
    Last edited by rynegne; 26th August 2014 at 04:13 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Wow, I found this smoky, for sure. Sweet yes...but a very discernible smoke accord.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Ya, I don't know if it was the extreme humidity we experienced here yesterday...but I was expecting a BLAST of smoke via cade after reading reviews. It just never came along, only the slightest dash of cade.

I'm speaking of whatever samples I've received from parfum1 - not sure how many times the extrait has been re-tooled. Also, sniffing Ore, WOW - very different from the original.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Wow, I found this smoky, for sure. Sweet yes...but a very discernible smoke accord.
    Last edited by rynegne; 26th August 2014 at 05:49 PM.