Code of Conduct

Default JPG Le male - poor projection & longevity?L

First off, I am new hear so let me apologise in advance if this has been covered before. I did hit a search but due to the sheer volume of topics on le male it was very hard to narrow down the search!

I have worn le male for years, before I was into fragrances or knew anything about them. 6 years ago was when I first discovered it and loved it. My only issue was after 10 minutes I couldn't smell it, regardless of sprays.

So in the last year I have built up a collection and recently acquired le male once again. Reason being for it's hype on longevity and projection. I figured perhaps a reformulation had improved it's performance. Much too my dissapointment I still get the same result.

Anyway, I am rambling!.... Is this just me or does le male not live up to the hype of being a projection beast??

Default Re: JPG Le male - poor projection & longevity?L

I personally get excellent longevity and projection with this scent.

Le Male is a projection beast on me and I get a good 10+ hours longevity easy. One of the few frags that I don't spray on my clothes to get longer longevity. I bought my current bottle in fall of 2011 if that helps.

With the new bottle I get about 6h longevity with moderate projection.

Read this: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/324...-the-past-year

Thanks for your quick responses guys, and thank you for the link!

I have heard about the possible reformulation but I have the same performance from my current bottle purchased a few weeks ago, with the one I had 6 years ago which is average/poor all round

I'm envious to you guys that get good performance from this frag as I really enjoy it. To be honest I think my skin is cursed as even with DHI I only get modest projection (longevity i can't argue with!)

I apply about 5 sprays ( I know some of you will probably have a heart attack hearing this lol) ... Two on the chest, two on the front neck and one on the back. I primarily wear a suit so sprays on the wrist would be pointless

Quote Originally Posted by JoshPeters View Post
    Thanks for your quick responses guys, and thank you for the link!

I have heard about the possible reformulation but I have the same performance from my current bottle purchased a few weeks ago, with the one I had 6 years ago which is average/poor all round

I'm envious to you guys that get good performance from this frag as I really enjoy it. To be honest I think my skin is cursed as even with DHI I only get modest projection (longevity i can't argue with!)

I apply about 5 sprays ( I know some of you will probably have a heart attack hearing this lol) ... Two on the chest, two on the front neck and one on the back. I primarily wear a suit so sprays on the wrist would be pointless
    This is one of the very few scents that are still going the next day for me.

Projection and longevity beast IMO.

Spray your clothes.

Hmm it seems I am definetley in the minority on this one!

Thanks for all your responses, I shall try spraying my clothes and try another spray or two!

Josh

Basenotes Plus

I apply about 5 sprays ( I know some of you will probably have a heart attack hearing this lol) ... Two on the chest, two on the front neck and one on the back.
    You're probably getting olfactory fatigue. Try less sprays in the future. Also, where are you buying your bottles? Could you possibly have a fake?

I did think that, as my girlfriend comments that she can still smell me after a while, but I could swear she just sais that to shut me up!

I'm positive it's not a fake as I have had a few bottles and all put out the same performance. I generally buy from dept stores like boots or Debemhams

If you spray it on your skin and immediately stuff your nose in it, your sense of smell will get "burned out."

Try doing 1 on each side of the neck and wait for a natural whiff to hit your nose
    1) Chergui (Serge Lutens)
    2) Dior Homme Intense
    3) Aventus (Creed)
    4) Allure Homme Sport (Chanel)
    5) La Nuit De l'Homme (YSL)

I did think that, as my girlfriend comments that she can still smell me after a while, but I could swear she just sais that to shut me up!

I'm positive it's not a fake as I have had a few bottles and all put out the same performance. I generally buy from dept stores like boots or Debemhams

I have a 2006 bottle of JPG le male and I did test it against a 2012 bottle my cousin bought during Xmas , and yes it has a weaker sillage , not as sharp. Honestly though, you can get Cuba Gold, its much cheaper and smells almost the same as my 2006 bottle. Hope that helps.

The bottle I have , has monster projection and lasts 12-14 hours.

Unless it has been radically reformulated Le Male is one of the strongest, most projecting fragrances I know. I would say it was almost on a par with Kouros. The problem you may be having Josh is that you don't smell Musks very well. Le Male is packed with them, and many people either cannot smell them at all, or get olfactive fatigue very quickly. I would believe your girlfriend.

Well in 2006 was when I first discovered Le male and from what I remember I wasn't impressed with the performance then. Although I was 16 and really didn't know what I was doing lol

I may well give Cuba gold a try, not sure if they sell in the UK as I have never seen it. From what I have heard it's mega cheap so I will just get it off the net.

I think olfactory fatigue may be part to blame as it's a frag I have always used. I will start asking other family members and friends if they can smell me. I don't want to project and kill someone with JPG dont get me wrong, I just want someone to smell when they walk by, you know?..

- - - Updated - - -

Well in 2006 was when I first discovered Le male and from what I remember I wasn't impressed with the performance then. Although I was 16 and really didn't know what I was doing lol

I may well give Cuba gold a try, not sure if they sell in the UK as I have never seen it. From what I have heard it's mega cheap so I will just get it off the net.

I think olfactory fatigue may be part to blame as it's a frag I have always used. I will start asking other family members and friends if they can smell me. I don't want to project and kill someone with JPG dont get me wrong, I just want someone to smell when they walk by, you know?..