Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Polo by Ralph Lauren Body Spray?

I just saw this for sale, online. Has anyone ever smelled it and if so could you compare it to the original Polo? I'm assuming if this is an overall deodorant body spray that the scent is 'lighter'? The original is so strong. I remember once wearing Polo underarm deodorant and it was so strong that I didn't need to apply the scent for people to smell it. But this Body Spray product, which have become extremely popular with the younger guys (Axe, Old Spice, Lynx) also makes me think they've done horrible things to the Polo scent which IMO is a classic.

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Member

Default Re: Polo by Ralph Lauren Body Spray?

I have a bottle of Polo Green (from the 90's) and agree with you it is potent but I love it. I would think you would use this in conjunction with the cologne. I have the Nautica ones and use them when I go to the Gym. Also I've noticed alot of designers are releasing these kind of deodorant body sprays Calvin Klein and others have them also.
    Last edited by ChristianHT; 16th February 2013 at 09:54 PM.

I have seen it for sale at my local Macy's but didn't see a tester out. I'm sure it is a lighter version and if the EDT is too strong, this may be something you can enjoy. For those that found polo and aramis too strong, I've learned that they tend to just wear the aftershave.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

If someone has this, let us know what you think about it!

Although I know they're popular with some people, personally could never see the point of wearing a body spray from any fragrance house.

CologneFan85

Its pretty strong and lasts. Wouldn't say its worth owning if you already own a bottle of the frag. BUT it can be layered...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I just saw this for sale, online. Has anyone ever smelled it and if so could you compare it to the original Polo? I'm assuming if this is an overall deodorant body spray that the scent is 'lighter'? The original is so strong. I remember once wearing Polo underarm deodorant and it was so strong that I didn't need to apply the scent for people to smell it. But this Body Spray product, which have become extremely popular with the younger guys (Axe, Old Spice, Lynx) also makes me think they've done horrible things to the Polo scent which IMO is a classic.

I purchased a gift set for my husband... it contained both the 4oz Classic Green Bottle Polo Cologne and the body spray... he loves the body spray... I have to agree.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks for the responses everyone. Nonetheless, it sounds like this one is obsolete for someone like me who doesn't enjoy spraying on a 'lighter' version of a scent I already like in EdT formulation.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle