Code of Conduct

Default L'eau D'Issey Questions

Hi,

I was thinking of picking up a bottle of L'eau D'Issey By Issey Miyake after hearing some great reviews about it and generally liking what I smelt of it from a friend.

I am however, fairly new to buying cologne and I can't decide if I should buy the Eau De Toilette or normal version. I understand the EDT version is slightly lighter and meant to be sprayed on your skin...any opinions on which I should get? Also, how many sprays? I was thinking 1 would do...

Cheers!

Default Re: L'eau D'Issey Questions

I prefer the edt. Three sprays.....done!

Welcome!

There are a few flankers to the regular Eau d'issey pour homme EDT, so it depends on what you're thinking about. Most smell similar, but they are not just different concentration of the same smell. In any case, what people talk about most is the regular edt, and that's probably what you smelled on your friend. To some people, eau d'issey is light and fresh, to others, like me, it is very potent, so I'd be conservative, two sprays under your shirt should do, even one.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Welcome!

There are a few flankers to the regular Eau d'issey pour homme EDT, so it depends on what you're thinking about. Most smell similar, but they are not just different concentration of the same smell. In any case, what people talk about most is the regular edt, and that's probably what you smelled on your friend. To some people, eau d'issey is light and fresh, to others, like me, it is very potent, so I'd be conservative, two sprays under your shirt should do, even one.

cacio
    Ahh okay, I'll take your word for it that the EDT is the one with all the positive review. I'll probably get a small bottle soon... thanks for the tip!

The EDT is the way to go IMO also.

Edt is good, I have two bottle of 100ml for some reason though lol, I dunno when I'm gonna use all of that

I always liked the original but I got the Gold Absolu one recently and I like it more. It lasts much longer on my skin. The original seems to fade very fast on me once the top notes have passed.

If you're going with the normal, go with EdT though. 3-4 sprays and you'll be good. The fragrance does last a LONG time on clothing too, so maybe if you're not getting the longevity on your skin, put some on your shirt.