Code of Conduct

Default Thoughts on Guerlain L'Eau.

I picked up a bottle of this today at a very good price. Seems to be hard to come by, but little is said about it. I've heard that it's a good summer fragrance, but I've owned Guerlain Homme and Guerlain Homme Intense. I liked the mojito note in both of them, but outside of that the cedar dry down was pretty boring. What am I in for with L'Eau?
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

Default Re: Thoughts on Guerlain L'Eau.

You are in for a wonderful almost limey green citrus that has excellent longevity. I think you will be very happy indeed. One of the very best.

Oops, I was speaking about Eau de Guerlain. I guess you actually ordered Guerlain Homme L'Eau? I don't know that one.
    Last edited by Jonty Coppersmith; 16th February 2013 at 11:35 PM.

Congratulations! Been thinking about adding this to the collection. I love GH and GHI. Anxious to add L'Eau and the Boisee flanker.

I have never tried L'eau, but I own the L'eau Boisee. From your description of L'eau they sound very similar. I would be interested to see how similar.

Good purchase. Enjoy!

You're in for what I believe is the best summer scent on the market.

I can't say enough about Homme L'Eau. It's the first bottle from my collection that I've finished, and I immediately bought another.

Lemon, lime, bergamot opening...mint, and a touch of the rum from the original.

It's light, but projects very well, and it's one of those that keeps coming back throughout the day when you thought it disappeared. Other people definitely notice it, and I've only received compliments on it.

I know you like Dior Homme Sport--think of this as a lighter alternative.

This sounds fantastic! I pretty much based my purchasing it off of your review of it Buysblind. Really looking forward to smelling this now and it sounds like something right up my alley. Thanks all!
    Summer 2014 favorites

5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)

8. Joop Splash (Fruity)

Its good Rich.

Excellent fragrance. Have this also.

Guerlain Homme and flankers are all good in my opinion. Nothing revelatory in terms of older Guerlains but still heads and shoulders above the majority of modern designer frags.

It's awesome. It's more transparent then the others. It is very woody.
    It's got the classic Guerlain Vetiver in it with a light, smooth, under-current of rum. It works great in warm weather that's for sure

Grt summer frag, unfortunately, I just have a few samples...

@ Hednic - I doubt anyone on BN thought u might not have this in your collection.

How do u select SOTD from the 1400+ u have? I spend 15-30 mins selecting 1 from the 150 odd I have; if I do get to where u r, i wonder if i'll spend 150-300 mins to select 1

U should give us novices some pointers!

A non-generic and noticeably well-crafted summer flanker, youthful yet stylish indeed.

IMO all Guerlain Homme flankers are similiar in style to Bleu De Chanel but better executed.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Excellent lime and mint fragrance. Super refreshing and it works fantastic in the heat. It projects and lasts very well for a citrus fragrance. About 6hrs every time I wear it, maybe more depending on the heat. Very under the radar around here.

This is my go to scent on the hottest, most humid days.

I thought it was nice the couple of times I smelled it, but I preferred L'Eau Boisee and so bought that. The lime seemed a bit more lively and sharper and the smoky green vetiver gave it a bit more body. Don't know what others think of these two brothers in a head to head.

I got this by accident recently, I was intending to buy Homme at the airport and was in a rush.

I like it though. It has strong mojito notes, it's very limey to begin with. Definitely a summer only fragrance for me, I couldn't imagine wearing it at any other time. Only qualms I have about it is that it smells a bit like a citrus bathroom cleaner to start with but once it settles, that passes.

The temp's been around 85 degrees so I've put Guerlain L'Eau through the heat test and it passed with flying colors. Great summer fragrance because the projection is perfect for this type of fragrance. It does smell like the original Guerlain Homme, but the notes are much smoother and overall it's more refined in it's presentation on the skin. Longevity is around 5 hours which isn't great, but for a summer fragrance it's very respectable. Finally, this never sours or turns on the skin and the vetiver note is outstanding in this. Gets an easy A.
    Summer 2014 favorites

5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)

8. Joop Splash (Fruity)

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    The temp's been around 85 degrees
    Bastard....

Glad you like it! And watch out for that longevity...something I found out about this after wearing it for a while is that you will think it's gone, but it's really not. And even when you don't notice it, others can pick up on it quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Bastard....

Glad you like it! And watch out for that longevity...something I found out about this after wearing it for a while is that you will think it's gone, but it's really not. And even when you don't notice it, others can pick up on it quite easily.
    Not to rub it in even more, but I had the day off so I wore it to the pool. I was cleansing my pallet with a few Budweiser's which made it smell even better. Back to the real world tomorrow so I'll keep the the amount of sprays in mind. I was going to go with 4 sprays on this one, but that might be a little strong.
    Summer 2014 favorites

5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)

8. Joop Splash (Fruity)

In my experience this stuff really needs the heat to work. Otherwise, it's longevity isn't great, and I'm not sure why. I have assumed that below about 30C, it will not lift off the skin enough for you to smell it. I know this sounds mad but it's the only explanation I can think of.

When you can smell it, it's wonderfully juicy, tangy. Lovely stuff. But I bought Boisee instead due to the projection issue.

L'Eau is just the topnotes from Homme. I own a bottle of L'eau boisee and it is an excellent fragrance. The lime and the mojito accord is always there and the subtle vetiver makes it great to wear on hot days. Longevity is so-so, but you'll have to spray quit a lot for that.
    seeking mitsouko 50ml's cap....desperately!!

I really want to get my hands on this (Homme L'eau). Does anyone know of a good place to order this from within the US? I've been searching for this everywhere on the net, and can't find any US websites shipping this. Any department stores or boutiques that anyone knows of that would ship to/within the US? With the new shipping restrictions, it won't ship from overseas anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    I really want to get my hands on this (Homme L'eau). Does anyone know of a good place to order this from within the US? I've been searching for this everywhere on the net, and can't find any US websites shipping this. Any department stores or boutiques that anyone knows of that would ship to/within the US? With the new shipping restrictions, it won't ship from overseas anymore.
    As far as I know the only place to buy it at is a Guerlain Boutique.
    Summer 2014 favorites

5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)

8. Joop Splash (Fruity)

Thanks silentrich! Is the one in Toronto still the best one to order from in the states, and does anyone know for sure if they carry this there and still ship to the US? Thanks for any help in advance!