Code of Conduct

Default Looking to add a Sandelwood Incense fragrance to my collection, any suggestions?

The only incense scent I have tried is Amouage Jubilation XXV so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank

Default Re: Looking to add a Sandelwood Incense fragrance to my collection, any suggestions?

Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles
    L'artisan Timbuktu
    Noir de Reminiscence

Default Re: Looking to add a Sandelwood Incense fragrance to my collection, any suggestions?

Another for Timbuktu.

Like JH mentioned Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles.

Basenotes Institution

Personally I don't get a lot of sandalwood from the suggestions listed above. Incense, yes. But sandalwood...well, I'm sure it's there but it's not prominent.

I have to think of a scent to suggest but for now I'm coming up with a blank...will repost later if I can think of one.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Personally I don't get a lot of sandalwood from the suggestions listed above. Incense, yes. But sandalwood...well, I'm sure it's there but it's not prominent.

I have to think of a scent to suggest but for now I'm coming up with a blank...will repost later if I can think of one.
    I share theme sentiment. I subscribed to the thread with the intent of posting a suggestion when I think of one.

It got me thinking, I'd actually like a sandalwood><incense medley.

Maybe Preludio d'Oriente? It's been a while since I wore it though. So I could be mistaken.

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Institution

I find that No. 88 by Czech & Speake has both incense & sandalwood very prominently, but I am hesitant to suggest it since IMO it is a rose-geranium fragrance, with incense & sandalwood as supporting notes.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I've gotta agree with mike and hedonist, I think neither Timbuktu nor Fille en Aiguille really conjure up both sandalwood and incense. It's an admittedly difficult combination because they sort of function similarly in my mind. Sure, I can tell the difference because they're two distinct notes, but at the same time, they give off the same vibe, if that makes sense.

Maybe Santal Noble? I guess that's the closest scent I can think of that does justice to both santal and incense. I'm not really a fan of either note.

Basenotes Plus

Profumum Santalum (Sandalwood, Myrrh, Cinnanom).

Biehi parfumkunstwerke mb03.

The first thing I thought of was Santal Noble.

Basenotes Plus

I would go with vintage Etro Sandalo or Santal Noble

Maybe L`Air du Desert Marocain? I know it's not quite sandalwood, but maybe this has the vibe you are looking for?

Sandalwood and incense are two of my favorite notes, so I'm interested in this thread; I definitely want to try Santal Noble.

Grisens Phaedon is a cedary incense with sandalwood drydown.

Santal Noble - among the other sandalwood / incense based that I own, they are good in 1 and weak on the other...

Santal Noble is not really an incense fragrance. Sandalwood, yes. Incense, no.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Aplle Brandy
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Amouage Memoire Men, incense with a hint of sandalwood
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

+1 Etro Sandalo, I can't remember if it has incese but it certainly comes to mind at the suggestion.

+1 Etro Sandalo
    +1 Noir de Reminiscence

Basenotes Institution

I have a healthy decant of vintage Santal Noble at home that I have repeatedly sampled. I can't stand it. There is something (the coffee?) that just annoys my nose. I also don't think it's very incense prominent.

-- Eckhart Tolle

treeman5823

Honestly, you probably won't find anything with a substantial or legitimate sandalwood note (Mysore sandalwood, anyway) due to restrictions. For a general woody incense, however, your options are limitless: among many others, I recommend Timbuktu, Dzongkha, and CdG 2 Man.