Code of Conduct

Default Looking to add a Sandelwood Incense fragrance to my collection, any suggestions?

The only incense scent I have tried is Amouage Jubilation XXV so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank

Default Re: Looking to add a Sandelwood Incense fragrance to my collection, any suggestions?

Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles
    L'artisan Timbuktu
    Noir de Reminiscence

Default Re: Looking to add a Sandelwood Incense fragrance to my collection, any suggestions?

Another for Timbuktu.

Like JH mentioned Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles.
    Currently wearing: Memoir Man by Amouage

Basenotes Institution

Personally I don't get a lot of sandalwood from the suggestions listed above. Incense, yes. But sandalwood...well, I'm sure it's there but it's not prominent.

I have to think of a scent to suggest but for now I'm coming up with a blank...will repost later if I can think of one.
    "All problems are illusions of the mind."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Personally I don't get a lot of sandalwood from the suggestions listed above. Incense, yes. But sandalwood...well, I'm sure it's there but it's not prominent.

I have to think of a scent to suggest but for now I'm coming up with a blank...will repost later if I can think of one.
    I share theme sentiment. I subscribed to the thread with the intent of posting a suggestion when I think of one.

It got me thinking, I'd actually like a sandalwood><incense medley.

Maybe Preludio d'Oriente? It's been a while since I wore it though. So I could be mistaken.
    for swap/sale:

Basenotes Institution

I find that No. 88 by Czech & Speake has both incense & sandalwood very prominently, but I am hesitant to suggest it since IMO it is a rose-geranium fragrance, with incense & sandalwood as supporting notes.

-- Eckhart Tolle

I've gotta agree with mike and hedonist, I think neither Timbuktu nor Fille en Aiguille really conjure up both sandalwood and incense. It's an admittedly difficult combination because they sort of function similarly in my mind. Sure, I can tell the difference because they're two distinct notes, but at the same time, they give off the same vibe, if that makes sense.

Maybe Santal Noble? I guess that's the closest scent I can think of that does justice to both santal and incense. I'm not really a fan of either note.

Basenotes Plus

Profumum Santalum (Sandalwood, Myrrh, Cinnanom).

Biehi parfumkunstwerke mb03.

The first thing I thought of was Santal Noble.

Basenotes Plus

I would go with vintage Etro Sandalo or Santal Noble

Maybe L`Air du Desert Marocain? I know it's not quite sandalwood, but maybe this has the vibe you are looking for?

Sandalwood and incense are two of my favorite notes, so I'm interested in this thread; I definitely want to try Santal Noble.
    Currently wearing: Kiss me Tender by Nicolaï

Grisens Phaedon is a cedary incense with sandalwood drydown.
    Currently wearing: Subcilium by O'Driù

Santal Noble - among the other sandalwood / incense based that I own, they are good in 1 and weak on the other...
    Currently wearing: L'Humaniste by Frapin

Santal Noble is not really an incense fragrance. Sandalwood, yes. Incense, no.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Tonka Imperiale
    3. Dior Homme
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Oud Wood
    6. Ambre Nuit
    7. L'air Du Desert Marocain
    8. Noir de Noir
    9. Apple Brandy
    10.Straight to Heaven

Amouage Memoire Men, incense with a hint of sandalwood
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

+1 Etro Sandalo, I can't remember if it has incese but it certainly comes to mind at the suggestion.

+1 Etro Sandalo
    +1 Noir de Reminiscence

Basenotes Institution

I have a healthy decant of vintage Santal Noble at home that I have repeatedly sampled. I can't stand it. There is something (the coffee?) that just annoys my nose. I also don't think it's very incense prominent.

-- Eckhart Tolle

treeman5823

Honestly, you probably won't find anything with a substantial or legitimate sandalwood note (Mysore sandalwood, anyway) due to restrictions. For a general woody incense, however, your options are limitless: among many others, I recommend Timbuktu, Dzongkha, and CdG 2 Man.