Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default SotD: Sunday 17th February 2013

Good morning all !. Glorious day here - off to local beauty spot Dunstable Downs with the binoculars. Should be plenty of paragliding going on, not to mention buzzards, kites (feathered and tethered varieties) and deer roaming the wooded areas. Traditional pub lunch to follow ....

SotD is Ramon Monegal Impossible Iris.

Wishing everyone a relaxing Sunday.

Default Re: SotD: Sunday 17th February 2013

Enjoy your day Jon. Sounds wonderful and your photos are
    delightful too.

It's a beautiful morning here. The birds are singing loudly and our squirrel
    troupe are skitting around the garden.

Comme Une Evidence by Yves Rocher feels suitably spring-like.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

I'm Casanova today

Smile Re: SotD: Sunday 17th February 2013

samples
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone! I was delighted to discover that I was scent twins with the impeccable Gandhajala and sharing the house with so many of you yesterday. It's a pleasure to be in such rarefied company, truly. (((((BNers)))))

SOTD is Gaultier Classique eau de parfum.

Wish you all a lovely Sunday.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Sound Scents

vintage 1000 by Jean Patou
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Blog Entries

Afternoon, all!

lt's a beautiful day here too; blue skies, fluffy white clouds, a light breeze & birds a-singing. Spring is definitely in the air.

l'm sampling S-ex by S-Perfumes, but it's not living up to its name so far.

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Bonjour!
    Angel. vintage EDP

What I've Been Wearing:

Et tu, JR! Yikes!

Amouage Epic Women. Working at the restaurant today. Gonna be a warm day, snow is expected tomorrow and down to 0F.

Hi everyone!

I'm wearing Amouage Al Mas Attar today. It is beautiful!

Basenotes Plus

Here we go again, there's a blizzard watch in effect from 6pm today til 6pm tomorrow.
    Looks like I might have to cancel my appointments for tomorrow.

Wearing Mona di Orio Carnation today, with notes of bergamot, girofle, geranium Bourbon,
    ylang ylang, violet, jasmine, precious woods, musk, amber and styrax.

Have a relaxing Sunday!

Hello all. Huitieme Art Naiviris.
    DONNA

Green Irish Tweed

Afternoon All,

Lovely pics, today.
    I've been wearing Ambre Précieux.

Best to everyone.

Hello everyone!

My day started with adrenaline rush. When drinking my first cup of coffee I got email from E-bay notifying me of TDC Jasmin de Nuit for sale. Upon close examination of the listing it turned out to be original jasmine heavy formula for an amazing price. I had called my inner Ebay ninja and snatched it right away. Now I can relax and enjoy my coffee in peace knowing that I have one more bottle of this gorgeous perfume! The adrenaline is still coursing through my veins...

I started this morning in Annick Goutal Songes
    Last edited by Whitefluffy; 17th February 2013 at 07:00 PM.

Good morning, everyone -

It's a beautiful day here as well, crisp and bright, and I'm wearing Cristalle Eau Verte, also beautiful, crisp and bright. I'm excited to have the rare privilege of playing tennis with my husband this morning, a once-in-a-blue-moon event for Tony ...although somewhat new to the sport, he's quite good and he really wants to win, so this is always lots of fun!

Y'all have a wonderful day!

Whitefluffy - you smell incredible! Songes is one of my very favorite florals in the whole wide world.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 17th February 2013 at 03:36 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

It's a sunny but cold morning, sufficiently cold for me to be wearing Ambre Narguile. It's certainly yummy!

Thank you, Evangeline! It is quite beautiful and I am still spinning around chasing my trail...Many thanks to Genie Jeanie for sharing this beauty with me

Good morning, lovelies. I'm wearing some Bal à Versailles vintage edc. Today it is orange blossomy, rosy, incensey and lightly, sweetly musky. Later, I'm planning to spend some time with one of my new samples, but I haven't decided which one yet. Iris, iris everywhere! With iris on my mind lately, I'm running into it everywhere I go - virtually that is. Isn't it funny how it works like that?

Basenotes Institution

Well the cold weather (well...cold for us...50's & 60's) stayed around but the sun came out to play and it's nice & windy so the combination is quite beautiful. I am sitting here thinking about going out on the deck in the backyard to get some sun instead of being cooped up here in this house. Made a big breakfast for myself and now I'm sipping on some iced chai / almond milk. I see lot's of relaxing things in my future today. Bear Hugs to all that need them.

Oh & before I forget - Jon and Lilybelle, I found my Impossible Iris sample yesterday afternoon and wore it all day when I washed the car and got a haircut. I don't like it. It's got an annoying detergent note in it that ruins it for me. No, no, no.

This morning I am scentless right now but I'll probably reach for something cuddly, spicy & oriental...maybe one of my Slumberhouse samples? Will post later.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Wore Chergui during the day and now in Eau d'Hermès again getting acquainted.
    Have a nice evening!

30Roses, hang in there. I'm crossing my fingers that the weather sorts itself out for New England soon.

Whitefluffy, Evangeline's right -- I love Songes, too. I'm saving it until it gets a bit warmer here, though.

I'm wearing Chergui today. It's such a chameleon on me -- in the winter, it's all tobacco and honey. In the summer, it's all hay and spice.

Woo hoo! Twinned with Larimar!

Basenotes Plus

Rummaging through the samples this evening - Creed Virgin Island Water.

Pretty much the only Creed I haven't tried, mainly due to the fact that I usually detest coconut, but this has turned out to be a real surprise. Ethereal saline breeze interspersed with lime, rum, and a delicate coconut accord that is not only bearable, but actually rather pleasant. I seem to recall Teardrop being rather enamoured with this and my appreciation steadily grows. FBW ? - cogitation required, but just maybe.

Oh, no Mike! I've been loving my II decant but I haven't noticed the detergent. I think it would bother me, too. Will need to pay close attention as I finish this decant.

I'm in my (comparatively) cheapie iris today, Infusion d'Iris EDT. For Lilybelle and anyone else with iris curiosity, EDT is the most green floral version. Not as rich and deep as Absolue (another version of which I'd also gladly take a bottle!), not as incense heavy as EDP. EDT is very springy and most resembles actual iris blossoms rather than the rhizomes, probably achieved with the additional violet and galbanum. Very pretty and yes, inoffensive but doesn't bore me in the least.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Good Evening,

Go, Whitefluffy ! You adrenaline junkie, you. hehehe.

Eau de Guerlain tonight.

Best to all.

Blog Entries

Jon, you recall correctly, l am indeed enamoured with VIW! I own a big bottle, but only tend to wear it in warmer weather, when l find it lasts much longer. And now, because of your pic, l am longing for summer. That is my ideal spot, right there!

Wearing Organza this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

PerfumedLady, the edt version does sound nice! Not boring at all. I enjoy green floral spring-like fragrances. I can see I'm going to have to sample all of the versions. Mike, I didn't get detergent per se in Impossible Iris yesterday, but I kept thinking that it would be a lovely scent for bath products - soap, gel, lotion. So I think I get what you're saying.

It's a crisp, sunny day in northern Florida--perfect for Kiehl`s Musk oil.

Rouge Assasin by Jovoy

Well, heard that Ineke is working on a Floral Curiosities Scent Library that should be available mid-year, it will include 2.5 ml samples of each of the five fragrances. So, I guess I won't be getting those travel sprays through Anthro, as this route looks like it will be cheaper. Been wanting to try three I haven't sniffed yet.

Sotd, Amouage Memoir Woman, from a sample. Very nice opening on this one. Can't detect what makes it sweet on top. I thought I got a note of tobacco in it, though, don't see it listed. Woody, almost boozy? I would say a must sniff if one hasn't tried it yet. Though, don't like the musky dry down. Why can't top and middle notes last longer? Ugh. The middle notes soon get covered with musk. Darn.
    Last edited by kalli; 17th February 2013 at 06:12 PM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Fredéric Malle L'Eau d'Hiver.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post

Don't I wish I could be in this picture with all of you!

"... both the tethered and feathered." Cute, J.

Chanel Bois des Iles.

Hello everyone

SotD: Chamarre MdO

SotE: Jersey Chanel

In lavender mood today))

summer means fireflys

I'm testing Oscar de le Renta Something Blue, purchased for the name alone. Thankfully, I only bought a decant, as this is something I don't see myself wearing very often. It is SO not my style ... all big white florals, but it is very spring-like and wedding-y. Notes: Linden blossom, mandarin, stephanotis, lily of the valley, musk, vanilla

Hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I'm sampling Bois d'Iris by The Different Company. Now this is more like it!! I love this. I didn't at all expect this to be "the one" when I was ordering samples, but I feel a need to stretch myself out of my comfort zone a little bit. I was just saying earlier that I hadn't acquired a taste for JCE's fragrances (though I was thinking of Hermes), and here I must eat my words because this iris scent is so wonderful. It is perfection! Still awaiting the Prada Infusion d'Iris edp mini.

Hello all! Wow, Whitefluffy, awesome start to your day. I know that ebay-adrenaline-rush feeling too well...damn you Mona di Orio discontinued frags (which I see well represented here today in people's SoTDs...awesome!) I'm twinned with Quarry in Bois des Iles--I'm lucky in that I prefer the EdT to the parfum, though I'm living off a decant of the former. It's so pretty, but I don't feel fancy enough to pull it off all that often. Hope everyone's having a great Sunday!!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

ExtremeK, no more snow here, thank goodness!

Last night after returning a DVD to Redbox I got the urge to shovel out our front walk and front step, finally. The warm days this week had made the snow piles soft and airy, and it didn't take more than 20 minutes. Good thing I did-- today the snow is again rock hard thanks to freezing temperatures 50 mph gusts.

I've been scent free today. And now we're taking my mother out to Red Lobster so I will just enjoy the fragrance of seafood.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by quixoticcynic View Post
    I'm twinned with Quarry in Bois des Iles
    Whoo-hoo and howdy-do, Quixoticcynic!

from a sample
    Smelling good on a budget!

Guerlain Jicky extrait

straight to heaven - by kilian

Basenotes Plus

Spent the day recovering from 2 days of Winterguard competition in Kansas City. 3 1/2 hr drive each way with 6 high school girls in the car, practice for 3 hours, sleep (or try to) then up for competition the next day. 23 team members all of whom were either sick or getting sick, lots of equipment and a too tiny for the event venue.

We placed 2nd in our division.....again.

It wasn't our best showing.

Were closer to home next weekend & hope for a better showing.

SOTD was Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. I don't "hate" it but it's not my scent.

Going to bed, I have a headache.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Balenciaga Portos tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell