Code of Conduct

Question Dubai Mall vs Dubai Airport for Amouage prices and selections?

Hello,

I will be in Dubai, UAE and wondering if anyone has compared the prices or selections of Amouage in the Airport duty free vs the Dubai Mall?. I like Amouage Tribute Attar and Memoir for men. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also are there niche shops and frags that compare to Amouage Tribute Attar that I may want to try out?

Thanks
    Timmy

Default Re: Dubai Mall vs Dubai Airport for Amouage prices and selections?

Thing is you may not find everything at the airport. Plus the mall prices wouldn't be materially higher than the airport. So buy it at Dubai Mall.

for swap/sale:

I was there last year. As I recall, prices of Amouage are the same in the airport as everywhere else. I think UAE doesn't have any tax, so there is no duty to be free of, perhaps?
    I got a great deal on Amouages in Kuwait Airport duty free, though. They were 30-40% less than retail, including a limited selection of attars.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks so much I will head to the Mall sounds like I will be spending some money there>

Take Care

The Dubai Airport is about USD $30 cheaper for the 100 mL spray bottles and the 12 mL Attars. The only problem is that the Airport doesn't always have every fragrance in stock. Also, they are limited to the 100 mL bottle sprays, and the 12 mL of the Attars (as opposed to the 50 mL of the spray bottles, and 30 mL of the Attars). For the Attars they are also limited to only the Homage and the Tribute. Seldom I'll see an Asrar or some other Attar, but thats usually very rare.

Also, I don't believe the Kuwait Airport is any cheaper than the Dubai Airport. Even the Oman Airport (where Amouage is founded) is the same price as the Dubai Airport.

If you are in Dubai on Feb 28th make sure you go to the Amouage Boutiques, as they would be releasing the Beloved for Men that day.

Quote Originally Posted by RSharma314 View Post
    The Dubai Airport is about USD $30 cheaper for the 100 mL spray bottles and the 12 mL Attars. The only problem is that the Airport doesn't always have every fragrance in stock. Also, they are limited to the 100 mL bottle sprays, and the 12 mL of the Attars (as opposed to the 50 mL of the spray bottles, and 30 mL of the Attars). For the Attars they are also limited to only the Homage and the Tribute. Seldom I'll see an Asrar or some other Attar, but thats usually very rare.

Also, I don't believe the Kuwait Airport is any cheaper than the Dubai Airport. Even the Oman Airport (where Amouage is founded) is the same price as the Dubai Airport.

If you are in Dubai on Feb 28th make sure you go to the Amouage Boutiques, as they would be releasing the Beloved for Men that day.
    When I wa there last June, The Dubai airport shop had a good selection of about 7-8 Amouage attars available. I think they were all in 12ml only.

The Amouage shop in Muscat airport, as well as the general airport shop had the same prices, which were the same or very close to the flagship store at the Sabco Center. This was very close to US retail. Amouage seems to have good control on retail prices in their home country.

Have you been to the shop in Kuwait airport? I was there in November of last year and bought Jubilation XXV for 62 KWD, or about $220. They also had Tribute in 30ml for 105KWD - about $375. I don't remember prices of the others, but I remember I was tempted to buy a few more.

Does anyone know if Dubai airport have jubilation XXV? and at what price?

Quote Originally Posted by kotch7 View Post
    Does anyone know if Dubai airport have jubilation XXV? and at what price?
    They don't show it in their product listings, but this may be out of date. I think I saw it last time I was there.

http://www.dubaidutyfree.com/content...gs%20FEB13.pdf

Hello,

Great advice I did visit Amouage at the mall and they had a new scent called BELOVED which is not available at the duty free shop. I wound up buying a 50ml of Interlude for mem at the Dubai Duty free at airport cost 160 Dirhams. Amoauge was charging over 700 Dirahams for the same. Amouage would have given free samples though. I also visited Ajmal and bought about 30ml or so of Eternal for 75 Dirahms. Ajmal sales was good to deal with and gave me free samples of Aurum, Zahee and Prose (for women). I will post some pics and reviews soon.

Thanks again

Are you sure you paid 160 dirhams for interlude? That seems ridiculously cheap!

Yes thanks for catching that I paid 608.00 AED for the 50 ml. I really do like the interlude over the Memoir for men.

Thanks

Ive got a friend coming from Dubai and Im thinking of one of the following. This will be a blind buy cause I havent had time to test them. Any thoughts which is a safe bet?

Amouage -Refection man
    Amouage - Memoir man
    Amouage - Jubilation XXV