Code of Conduct

Default Has there ever been a reformulation that smelled better than the original?

See title.

I keep reading about reformulations and how they don't smell as good as the original. D&G instantly comes to mind as possibly the worst reformulation. Was curious if anyone knew of a reformulation that was *better* than the original release?

Default Re: Has there ever been a reformulation that smelled better than the original?

Yep.

Dior homme smells better - stronger, richer
    Fahrenheit smells better - more biting, more interesting

Default Re: Has there ever been a reformulation that smelled better than the original?

This is the case with AF Fierce. The original was mucked up with some horrid top notes.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Dior Homme Sport

I like the reformulated DHI more than the original.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    Yep.

I never smelt vintage Fahrenheit, but it would have to be pretty amazing to beat the current formulation!

+1 for Dior Homme Sport!

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    I never smelt vintage Fahrenheit, but it would have to be pretty amazing to beat the current formulation!
    It was very amazing and beats the current by 10 country miles.

I'd go with DH for this question. I'm still not a fan but I've been more willing to try it vs the original which made me cringe.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 17th February 2013 at 06:05 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

DHI for my nose.
    Rotation

CREED Aventus
    Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    DIOR Homme Intense
    Guerlain L'IDGExtreme
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    Current Fahrenheit is an abomination.

for swap/sale:

Dhi to my nose and to my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    Yep.

I can see why some people would like the reformulation of DH because it's a thinner more toned down version of the iris, but the reform is not stronger or richer by any means.
    The reforms of both DH and DHI are great. Can't say I agree with you on Fahrenheit either. Lol.

I'm sure there have been some, but personally don't pay much attention to or care about what is or isn't reformulated unless the perfume house itself makes note of it publicly.

I like the current versions of Quorum and original Polo much better than what was around 12 years ago. I found the old versions too rough for me.
    Regards,
    Renato