Code of Conduct

Default Hello to all...next frag?

Hi all,

Just want to introduce myself and get your opinions on what I should try next.

I've got:
    Allure homme
    Allure homme sport
    D&G the one
    D&G sport
    Mont Blanc legend
    Terre D'Hermes - current favourite!

I love all of the above, the below, not so much...

Gucci guilty - blind buy, not bad but no depth and smells chemically in the background.
    Paco Rabanne 1 million - terrible, too sweet. Was bought as a gift. This should be watered down 10/1 before wear!
    Aramis - got it cheap and just wanted to see what the deal was, not bad but people are correct when they say its a more mature mans smell.

So, big question, what should I try next?

I've got some Perry Ellis Red JPG Le Male coming and I like the sound of Tom Ford for men too.

Cheers all.

Default Re: Hello to all...next frag?

Welcome NewbieNose!
    How about Bleu de Chanel? Notes of peppermint, grapefruit, menthol, nutmeg, pink pepper and ginger.

If you want to be adventurous try Dune by Dior, solidly unisex in my opinion. Notes of broom, wallflower, bergamot, lichen, musk, sandalwood and vanilla.

Dior Homme: classy and complex w/ longevity - fills a gap as a more formal fragrance.
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste: refreshing and bright - nice "everything" fragrance
    Bleu De Chanel: all around great scent, compliment getter for all occasions.

Creed GIT
    Versace the Dreamer
    Ungaro Man
    TDH Parfum
    Mugler Cologne - these could be interesting, challenging but also ultimately satisfactory testing suggestions, based on your current fragrance likings.

Hi,

It's funny you both came back with bleu de Chanel, I've got it on my left hand an to be honest there's something I don't like about it. I've also got Thierry mugler Amen on my arm and I like that more.

However, I think I've just made all my scents redundant because I've got creed aventus on too and it blows everything I've smelled previously out of the water. I can't believe how good it smells.

Going to send for creed aventus and green Irish tweed testers this week because my nose feels like its on holiday every time I get a whiff of aventus!

Burberry London

I doubt I'll ever buy a Burberry scent unless it really is outstanding. Something about Burberry reminds me of chavs, I remember everyone having Burberry check shirts when I was a "yoof". Same with Ralph Lauren, Lacoste and diesel.

Maybe I'm being a bit snobbish, coming from Wigan I assure you I'm anything but.

The dreamer sounds a good shout, gonna see if I can test that this weekend.

Still can't get the aventus out of my head/nose though, it's really hit a chord with me. Hours later its smelling fantastic. Are all creed s nets as good as this?

Have you tried Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme or La Nuit De L'Homme? I'd recommend sampling those two. And if you like A*Men, try to get your hands on a sample of Pure Malt and Pure Havane.

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieNose View Post
    I doubt I'll ever buy a Burberry scent unless it really is outstanding. Something about Burberry reminds me of chavs, I remember everyone having Burberry check shirts when I was a "yoof". Same with Ralph Lauren, Lacoste and diesel.
    I'm from the UK too so I can understand this, but my advice: try and break that association because Burberry make some very competent fragrances. I'm a fan of London, Brit and 'For Men' to name but three.

Scent should, ideally, be judged on it's own merit, not by the house, the celebrity endorsement or the price tag. I have a £2.99 cologne that blows many niche scents out of the (cool) water. Try Aspen by Coty and you'll see what I mean.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Based on what you like, try Platinum Egoiste.

+1 on Pure Malt and Pure Havane. Gucci Pour Homme II might also be worth a look.

IMHO, based on your collection and taste, my recommendations for you would be the Terre d'Hermes parfum (very diff from the EDT) / Tuscan Leather from Tom Ford / Narciso Rodriguez for Him EDT - all last quite long for my dry skin (8+ hrs)

Dior Homme

1. Christian Dior Dior Homme
    2. YSL M7
    3. Azzaro Visit

Try Gucci PH II or A*Men Pure Havane

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Hey he said likes Aventus. There's no next frag after Aventus...

I've made a list of all the scents, I'll have a day testing frags in a bit.

But, that may be cancelled as I've just ordered some Aventus. I had a basket of stuff saved on a website and it was near enough how much Aventus costs. So, cancelled it and ordered the Aventus. I just couldn't believe how strong yet unobtrusive the smell is. I had about 4 or 5 other testers and all smelled good but as soon as I went back to the Aventus it was over with.

I think my top ones will be my dailys in a rotation and Aventus my Sunday best!

Basenotes Member

Platinum Egoiste!

Try Tom Ford Extreme, a different angle on your current collection