Code of Conduct

Default Are Kenzo fragrances women repellents?

This may seem like quite an odd question, but I'm beginning to wonder...

If you look at my wardrobe, you'll see I own a fairly "safe" and small collection. Now, before anyone says it, I know it's not all about getting complimented for your scent and I choose scents for myself first and foremost, but it's always nice to be complimented right? I can honestly say that I've received at least one compliment for each of them, with the lion's share being garnered by LIDG, DHI and Guerlan Homme Intense, but Eau Sauvage and even the rather more austere CdG2Man have got me a compliment or two.

Anyway, it is becoming increasingly apparent that I have never received a single compliment when wearing any of the Kenzo Homme line (original, boisee and sport). Not one. Zilch. Nada. In fact, I have had one person express quite the opposite when wearing KPH (thanks mum). I'm starting to wonder if these are fragrances that smell good to my nose only, or if they are simply not people pleasers, or maybe they just don't match my skin (but I think I would be able to discern that).

For others owners of any of these three scents (KPH, Boisee, Sport), have you found this muted response too?
    Any thoughts?

Default Re: Are Kenzo fragrances women repellents?

All depends on individual taste. Just because you don't get complimented on a frag, doesn't mean that it is not a good one.

I think your sample size is too small to make that kind of judgment. They are safe and likeable scents. Maybe not loud and noticeable enough to elicit complements, but just plain nice. You can keep on wearing them without wondering what other people think.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    All depends on individual taste. Just because you don't get complimented on a frag, doesn't mean that it is not a good one.
    I agree. I just found it odd that all three Kenzo's have failed to produce a single compliment and my other fragrances all have. It's not going to prevent me from wearing them.

In my case and strictly based on what I personally noticed, not so much a repellent, but far more a trigger of neutral/no reactions. Indeed, few other scents from other fragrance houses have gone that unnoticed, as Kenzo male fragrances did.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    In my case and strictly based on what I personally noticed, not so much a repellent, but far more a trigger of neutral/no reactions. Indeed, few other scents from other fragrance houses have gone that unnoticed, as Kenzo male fragrances did.
    Interesting Ken, thanks. The odd thing for me is that - on my skin at least - KPH and Boisee ar both sillage monsters and the former is quite a uinque scent. Seems strange that these "strong"/odd scents trigger neutral/no responses. Good to know I'm not alone though!

The title of this thread gave me a chuckle. "Women repellent"....classic.

I wore Kenzo pour Homme the other day and found it quite nice in the cold weather. It's not one I reach for often, as I tend to go for darker scents. I think the drydown of KPH is very "innocent" and not very sexy or alluring at all. It just smells very nice and clean...like a "clean baby" sorta clean. In fact, this scent reminds of my little nephew when he was an infant. His mother didn't use the typical baby powder smelling soaps and lotions on him, but rather things with chamomile and lavender in them.

I think it's a good choice on days when you don't want to smell "cologne-y", but rather nicely scented.

Another un-alluring, but nice "baby fresh" scent that I've recently tested, is Nuit Etoilee.

I used to wear Kenzo Air until my son stole my bottle... it's even better on him.

Gal-repellant depends on the gal.

Have never had any adverse reactions or indifferent reactions from people while wearing those Kenzo scents.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Have never had any adverse reactions or indifferent reactions from people while wearing those Kenzo scents.
    Have you had ANY reactions hednic?

Posted this thread a while back. Stop press! Got a compliment yesterday! Kenzo Homme Sport of all things. I think this fragrance is a real grower actually. I have been back n forth with it, unsure if it's too light and airy and minty or if it's actually very refreshing. I'm beginning to have the latter response more and more. Anyway, after receiving several negative comments when wearing Kenzo Pour Homme, it's nice to find out that the Sport flanker at least is not a total women repellent!