Code of Conduct

Default TDC: Un Parfum Charme et Feuilles

Parfumer: Celine Ellena (any kin to Jean Claude Ellena?)

Notes: Marjoram, Peppermint, Sage, Serpolet, Jasmine Sambac, Grapefruit, Clementine and Patchouli.

This starts out intensely green, in fact, deeply so. The peppermint and sage give it a glorious herbal vibe that is deep and dark, but fresh and not bitter like you find in many herbal concoctions. The patchouli is working overtime here trying to keep the whole thing grounded enough to be considered unisex, but the jasmine, grapefruit and clementine lends a sweetness that almost tips the gender scale. As time quickly passes, the darkness lightens up and lets a little sunlight in. It is airy and linear. This is the perfume that Le Base wanted to be. It does evoke the snow capped alps with a green forest beneath the summit. Very fresh and invigorating. At $220/3oz, I'm not sure if its worth it considering the feminine aspects and longevity, which is not that great. Oddly enough, it has decent projection. What do you all think?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Default Re: TDC: Un Parfum Charme et Feuilles

Pretty expensive, but sounds like a decent frag.

Have the entire TDC line except the latest release Aurore Nomade. The one cited by the OP as well as all the others in my collection are wonderful.

There is something magical about this. The wispy green herbal character really transports you to the Swiss alps or a lush forest wind swept by mountain air. I just wished I knew the longevity as it would be from the sprayer. Anyone care to comment on that?

Good longevity for me, but don't know how many hours you consider acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Good longevity for me, but don't know how many hours you consider acceptable.
    8-10 hours is acceptable. Thanks! Would you know how this compared to Tokyo Bloom? They bOth seem to be green fragrances and I was wanting to know the difference and your preference. Thanks again!

Both nice but Tokyo Bloom is a much lighter scent. Obviously they smell different to me but wouldn't be able to dissect note differences for you. Sorry. I have no preference as I like and enjoy both. My skin doesn't soak up scent so, they both last throughout the day for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Both nice but Tokyo Bloom is a much lighter scent. Obviously they smell different to me but wouldn't be able to dissect note differences for you. Sorry. I have no preference as I like and enjoy both. My skin doesn't soak up scent so, they both last throughout the day for me.
    Sounds good to me! Un Parfum Charme et Feuilles will be in my future!

Basenotes Institution

I didn't find this particularly engaging enough to consider owning a bottle. Let me rephrase that - I found it's olfactory associations (soap, cheap liquid cleansers) a bit trite. It sounds as if you're not getting those associations - so enjoy! I think it had average longevity, nothing crazy. Perhaps I went into it expecting much more from Jean Claude Ellena's daughter, and the fact that Sel de Vetiver was much more impressive & worth owning.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I will check out sel de vetiver for sure. I really find this similar to La Base. I dumped my vial Sample on me and longevity was somewhere between poor and mediocre. I will have to think on it but I do find its crisp coolness refreshing but not sure $220 refreshing

Basenotes Institution

I don't think I've ever heard of La Base, which line is this?

-- Jack Kerouac

I like this quite a bit, along with Sel de Vetiver. Another fantastic one to check out from this line that doesn't get enough love is De Bachmakov.

Also, Tokyo Bloom isn't anything special. It's not by Celina either.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I don't think I've ever heard of La Base, which line is this?
    TDC = The Different Company

Sounds pleasant, but that sure is pricey.

Basenotes Institution

Is La Base done by Celine Ellena?

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    I like this quite a bit, along with Sel de Vetiver. Another fantastic one to check out from this line that doesn't get enough love is De Bachmakov.
    Charme .. is lovely for the summer. Another one with no love is Sens et Bois (cedary, peppery) although my review for it is well over the top, but I still love it. SdV is a given for all imo.