Code of Conduct

Default Deluxe Mini Set by English Laundry...first impressions

Tahitian Waters...I'm wearing this for the first time today. It's OK, nothing special. To my nose it smells like a blend of Creed Royal Water and Guerlain Homme. Heavy on the lime.

I was very pleased with Arrogant by EL upon my first wearing Sunday. Le Male mixed with Burberry Touch. Great lasting power and projection.

I have yet to wear Notting Hill and Riviera. My initial impression from cap sniffs is that Notting Hill is MB Legend/Fierce in its scent, and that RIviera is similar to YSL L'Homme. Have not worn either yet.

Default Re: Deluxe Mini Set by English Laundry...first impressions

I didn't think much of TW either. I thought Notting Hill was the best of the bunch. Good luck with your minis!!!.

Notting Hill I liked the movie so perhaps the fragrance will be the same. Arrogant sounds right up my alley and similar to Burberry Touch does it have a pronounced tea accord?

Also, didn't I read you purchased the set at Dillard's?

Dillard's does have the set for sale, last time I checked. And yes, I'd say Arrogant is like Burberry Touch..which I find to be like a sweater that came right out of the dryer accord thing going on.

Wearing Notting Hill today. Much better than Tahitian Waters. Smoother version of Paco Rabanne Black XS mixed with a little Mont Blanc Legend. Nothing screechy or loud about it. Has a berry sweet quality to it.

I got a sample of Tahitian Waters and it was an almost instant scrubber. It was downright awful. It smelled like a cloying and heavy granny perfume mixed with suntan oil. Granny perfume and coconuts do not mix.

Quote Originally Posted by BottleJunky View Post
    I got a sample of Tahitian Waters and it was an almost instant scrubber. It was downright awful. It smelled like a cloying and heavy granny perfume mixed with suntan oil. Granny perfume and coconuts do not mix.
    I agree. Yesterday was my worst cologne day in a long time thanks to Tahitian Waters. NEVER again.

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Dillard's does have the set for sale, last time I checked. And yes, I'd say Arrogant is like Burberry Touch..which I find to be like a sweater that came right out of the dryer accord thing going on.
    Thanks Kalli the price is outstanding but I still wonder if we can test these at the counter?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BottleJunky View Post
    That is downright scary. It wouldn't be for me at all. Phew!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I agree. Yesterday was my worst cologne day in a long time thanks to Tahitian Waters. NEVER again.
    Keep up the good fight. Two out of Three is a good percentage of success.

Dillards does have them for testing at the counter or at least should.

Wearing Notting Hill today. Much better than Tahitian Waters. Smoother version of Paco Rabanne Black XS mixed with a little Mont Blanc Legend. Nothing screechy or loud about it. Has a berry sweet quality to it.
    I have to say that while it's a pleasant scent, it does not hold up over the course of the day. I'd go with MB Legend over Notting Hill. Three sprays and not much left to smell at this point.

I wear Notting Hill and Arrogant regularly. Both are terrific...and (for me)
    last all day. Very underrated house. I also like Riviera...cool packaging if you are into
    the marketing side of things. TW takes a while to get used to, but it comes in handy on the gold course.
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

Well, today is the final trial from my set. I'm wearing Riviera and it is a very solid scent. Almost a dead ringer for YSL L'Homme. Riviera is the second best in this set IMHO. Very comfortable wear that I believe will hold up well over the day. So in my final analysis:

1. Arrogant
    2. Riviera
    3. Notting Hill
    4. Tahitian Waters

Thanks Chuck hopefully I will hit Dillard's this weekend.

Also thanks to Bigtruck260 for your input.

Somehow I missed this thread the first time around. Smelled some of these (Signature, Notting Hill, and Riviera) today at Nordstrom and even though there was nothing groundbreaking, they were all very pleasant. How is the performance on these for anyone who has extensive experience with them? They might all be worth a buy if they get good performance/longevity...

Chuck:

Got this set at the time you first discussed it here on BN. Have yet to break them out. I look forward to seeing if my assessments match yours.

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

I ended up keeping Arrogant, the rest were just not for me. They're ok as a whole. I think a college guy could rotate these to great effect.

I ended up keeping Arrogant, the rest were just not for me. They're ok as a whole. I think a college guy could rotate these to great effect.
    dang, I didn't see Arrogant or Tahitian Waters so weren't able to try those.