Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in participating in Sample Passes in the Men's Forum?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

11 68.75%
  • NO

5 31.25%
    Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default Would You Be Interested In Participating In a Men's Sample Pass?

Right now the first, that I know of, Men's Sample Pass is going on. I am the organizer and it is going well and the guys are having a good time and learning at the same time. I would like to do another soon! I have participated in many sample passes from the Ladies Forum. If your unfamiliar with what a sample pass is I will try to shorthand it and then give you the exact rules of how it works after. After reading this, I would like to know how many of you Gentlermen would be interested in participating in a sample pass , if we started having them regularly.
    An organizer will post the information below about the pass including the theme, which could be something like it's going to be a Chanel Pass or a certain note pass. He will know how many samples he has to work with so he will know how many samplers he can support and ask for volunteers to sign up (usually 3-5 people). When he has enough samplers he will close the thread and announce what the samples are going to be and when he is sending out the bubble mailer to the first sampler. The first sampler will sample the samples, may our may not be asked to give their impressions of the samples and post them online. After they are done they wrap the samples back up (this will be discussed later) and send on to the next sampler. And it continues til the last sampler is done. Usually the last sampler will keep the remaining samples as they are.
    It is really a lot of fun and very educational, allowing some people to sample fragrances they might not otherwise or learning about certain notes if the samples are centered around that. I am surprised at the amount of these Sample Passes the Ladies have and the men have not! Below is the official course of action that the Sample pass run, just to reiterate what I have told you and give you more facts.
    ================================================== ================================

To Read the specifics on A Sample Pass blogged by 30 Roses just click the link.

Last edited by southerngardens; 17th February 2013 at 10:06 PM.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Default Re: Would You Be Interested In Participating In a Sample Pass?

You know I'm always down for these

Thank you for being so on top of things
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Default Re: Would You Be Interested In Participating In a Men's Sample Pass?

Can girls play too? I like wearing the "men" frags... Lisa

"soliciting donated samples" is outside the rules as was stated in the original sample giveaway.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SaNielsen View Post
    Can girls play too? I like wearing the "men" frags... Lisa
    Absolutely!

I think Robbie was referring to what happened in the Goutal pass, where folks with other Goutals kept adding decants in as the swap progressed. It was unsolicited, and added up to wonderful largesse. Lisa
    Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    "soliciting donated samples" is outside the rules as was stated in the original sample giveaway.

I would respectfully decline but great for others willing.

This!
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I would respectfully decline but great for others willing.

Quote Originally Posted by SaNielsen View Post
    I think Robbie was referring to what happened in the Goutal pass, where folks with other Goutals kept adding decants in as the swap progressed. It was unsolicited, and added up to wonderful largesse. Lisa
    Yes, generous BNers often donate unsolicited samples for our passes on the feminine fragrance forum. The OP only suggests soliciting samples from SA's in store. A Penhaligon's SA once donated over 100 samples for a BN pass! It seems to me that it's fair to use those solicited samples for this purpose. We have sample passes down to a science on the ladies' side and we always are able to comply with BN rules.
    The nose wants what it wants!

I'd like to be involved but my location might prove to be a problem.

I'd def be interested

I'm participating in the current pass and loving it. I think the pass works best when everyone posts reviews. That makes it a group experience rather than just a bunch of individuals sniffing on their own. There are no right or wrong reviews - just opinions, but the opinions add to the experience.

I'm very interested in taking part in future passes.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I'd probably be interested.

Max.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Thank you to those whom would be willing to participate. You really will have a good time and learn a little something along the way!

southerngardens

I would be interested in participating as well!
    Vintage Kouros rocks