Code of Conduct

Default Most feminine frag??

I love being a woman and like all things ultra feminine. What is the most feminine fragrance you have tried?

for me it is;
    Lancome Miracle and VW Boudoir
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

Banned

Default Re: Most feminine frag??

Samsara, Sacrebleu, Amouage Memoir ,one version of Ubar, Insolence edp.....

and What we do in Paris is secret. ......too

Une Fleur de Cassie

Iris Poudre

Armani la femme bleue

Amouage Dia

Of these, for me the most feminine is Une Fleur de Cassie, hands down.

I think Black XS for her by Paco Rabanne is truely quite feminine, and of course sooooooo lovely!

I would say Shalimar.

Peche Cardinal by MDCI

Overcome By Fumes

Chanel 22

It's interesting to see people's perceptions of what's feminine- iivanita, WWDIPIS leans masculine to me! But then association counts for a lot, so for me it really depends on the wearer.

Fragrances that I think are feminine:

Miriam by Andy Tauer
    Le Temps d'une Fete by Nicolai
    Acqua Allegoria Flora Nymphea by Guerlain

Y by YSL, but the older version.

elegant,feminine and classic

No22

Many of the Caron classics
    Annick Goutal Passion
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Evyan White Shoulders
    Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere
    Dior New Look 1947
    L'Instant de Guerlain
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

I love women being women too.

Balenciaga Paris
    Opium

for swap/sale:

MDCI Rose de Siwa: a pink dewy rose that in my mind is very feminine and although on the young side still definitely not a girly scent and could be worn by women any age (I'm don't really care about this "age appropriate issues" myself, but some people do and it can also help give an idea about what the scent is like).

Fredric Malle Carnal Flower
    : gorgeous, feminine tuberose. My SO loves this on me, and that's a good thing since it's pretty much my signature scent.

+1 for Iris Poudre: not really my thing but it's beautiful, well made and feminine. Elegant and a bit aloof.

I think you might like Une Fleur de Cassie, but I'm not sure I think of it as feminine (not that it isn't) - it's unisex and could be wonderful on either sex, sort of becoming feminine or masculine (thought not the traditional kind of masculine scent) depending on the wearer.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    It's interesting to see people's perceptions of what's feminine ...
    I agree completely. When someone asks me about "feminine" fragrances, something in my brain signals "GIRLY," and I immediately begin thinking of light, pretty florals. Certainly, light, pretty florals could qualify, but they're by no means exclusive. There are obviously so many facets to femininity (femme fatale/temptress, mother/comforter, confident/knowing ...), and it's very interesting indeed to see people's different associations with that word.

If you're asking for recommendations, it's probably important to know what *you* mean, what associations *you* have, when you ask about feminine fragrances so that people can give suggestions that more closely align with what you're looking for. But if the point of your post was to leave it vague and see what associations other people have, well, I think you've accomplished that in spades.

To answer your question, one of the most feminine fragrances I can remember smelling is the now-discontinued Jardin Clos by Diptyque. EL Pleasures also comes to mind.

I don't have many fragrances that fit my own definition of "feminine" (I tend to like powerhouses, even among my florals, which probably says something about my own preconceptions of femininity -- and I'm not very happy with myself about those preconceptions, either ... I should widen my definitions ) So, among the fragrances I own, I'll throw out Serge Lutens Un Lys and A La Nuit.

Yes, the idea of feminine is a matter of cultural conditioning. For example, smelling of honeyed roses could be associated with women or with men, depending on the culture.

I also associate "feminine" fragrances with pretty florals, but also with sweet, gourmand, and fruity florals. Several were already mentioned (for example, Chanel 22 and A La Nuit) and I would like to add Chanel 18, Diorissimo, and Lolita Lempicka, and Juicy Couture.

Whenever I wear any of the fragrances mentioned above, I feel a little overwhelmed; it's almost like I'm wearing a costume. (Although, I could sniff Diorissimo and Chanel 22 on paper or on someone else all day.) One fragrance that makes me feel very feminine and attractive is Bvlgari Black; it just needs 30 minutes for the rubber note to calm down.

Basenotes Institution

Beautiful by Estee Lauder
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    I agree completely. When someone asks me about "feminine" fragrances, something in my brain signals "GIRLY," and I immediately begin thinking of light, pretty florals. Certainly, light, pretty florals could qualify, but they're by no means exclusive. There are obviously so many facets to femininity (femme fatale/temptress, mother/comforter, confident/knowing ...), and it's very interesting indeed to see people's different associations with that word.

If you're asking for recommendations, it's probably important to know what *you* mean, what associations *you* have, when you ask about feminine fragrances so that people can give suggestions that more closely align with what you're looking for. But if the point of your post was to leave it vague and see what associations other people have, well, I think you've accomplished that in spades.
    This is pretty much exactly what l was going to say!

ln my case, my "prettiest" fragrances are probably Carnal Flower & Tuberose Gardenia.
    And my most womanly, "bombshell" fragrances l would say are Fracas & Narcisse Noir. l would also put Ubar in this category.

This is not to say that none of these could be worn by men, though.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Oh, I like lots of super-femme fragrances. I tend to think of my most feminine perfumes as the fragrance equivalents of very feminine clothes, like flouncy chintz sundresses, peachy-pink silk teddies and maribou slippers, or really anything that makes me feel ultra-feminine, flirty and pretty (as opposed to straight-up sexy and sultry perfumes, which these, imo, are not.) They're usually sweet and creamy or powdery florals and florientals, and somewhat higher-pitched radiant florals, such as...

Guerlain L'Instant, Insolence and Chamade
    Keiko Mecheri's White Petals and the Loukhoum series
    the original Chloé and also Love, Chloé
    AdP Magnolia Nobile
    Chanel No22
    Dior Miss Dior Cherie
    Juliette Has a Gun Lady Vengeance
    Révillon Detchema
    Oscar de la Renta
    Payot Pavlova
    YSL Paris
    Elie Saab
    Gucci Rush
    Givenchy Ysatis
    Annick Goutal Songes and Ce Soir Ou Jamais
    Creed Fleurs de Bulgarie

...and anything that smells like makeup or lipstick, for obvious reasons, like Lipstick Rose, Lorenzo Villoresi Teint de Neige and HdP's 1889 Moulin Rouge.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 18th February 2013 at 10:38 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    It's interesting to see people's perceptions of what's feminine- iivanita, WWDIPIS leans masculine to me! But then association counts for a lot, so for me it really depends on the wearer.

Fragrances that I think are feminine:

Miriam by Andy Tauer
    Le Temps d'une Fete by Nicolai
    Acqua Allegoria Flora Nymphea by Guerlain
    with that kind of sweetness WWDIP is 101% femme fatale frag for me lol
    Le Temps is on the other hand most delicate or , most how would one say...when something resembles to delicacy of lace and so much hard work in making a gentle composition........i love it!

yes all the one i mentioned are in my opinion too sweet for any man to even come close to it! i did not mention Chanel no.22 on purpose, but that one would fit there too! mentioned only one i like

oh my, i forgot to add Poison, and LOU LOU )

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post

...and anything that smells like makeup or lipstick, for obvious reasons, like Lipstick Rose, Lorenzo Villoresi Teint de Neige and HdP's 1889 Moulin Rouge.
    Yes! I love fragrances that smell like makeup or lipstick!
    My two current faves are Drole de Rose and Ombre Rose L'Original...

^Oh yeah, those are good ones, too!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

What a wonderful thread! And it's so true, ExtremeK, that we all percept femininity differently -flirty, girly, sexy, pretty, soft, hard, etc. My idea of femininity is the sultry but very intelligent and classy temptress. And so I will agree with iivanita and teardrop on Ubar, Le Temps, and Narcisse Noir. Last one is the man-eater, in my humble opinion . My personal feminine favorites besides three already mentioned -

TDC Jasmin de Nuit - the original one with 700,000 jasmine flowers in the bottle, not 300,000.
    Guerlain Mahora
    Guerlain Shalimar
    Montale White Aoud
    Givenchy Organza

I think it's very important for us women to find fragrances that can make us feel ultra feminine whenever we need it. It's like wearing an evening gown that always fits and glass slippers that never hurt.
    Last edited by Whitefluffy; 19th February 2013 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefluffy View Post
    My idea of femininity is the sultry but very intelligent and classy temptress.
    This is interesting. I made the distinction between what I find ultra-feminine and what I find sultry specifically because most of my sultry/smart perfumes tend to be the least overtly feminine ones. They all seem to have a unisex or even masculine component, which is part of why I find them so sexy and smart, I think ...woody orientals and mossy chypres and leathers make up the bulk of them, Chanel Cuir de Russie, Coromandel and Bois des Iles, Tom Ford Noir de Noir, Hermès Rouge, CK Obsession, Rochas Mystère, Malle Portrait of a Lady and L'Arte di Gucci (among many others), are some of my favorites for my smoldery and sultry temptress moods, but they're all quite unisex and lack anything that would make me describe them as very feminine ...actually, I think they'd all make great masculines.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefluffy View Post
    I think it's very important for us women to find fragrances that can make us feel ultra feminine whenever we need it. It's like wearing an evening gown that always fits and glass slippers that never hurt.
    Big love for this -- and you, whitefluffy Well said.

Basenotes Plus

There's so many, but here are a few of my favorites:

Guerlain Apres l'Ondee
    Frederic Malle Iris Poudre
    Cartier Baiser Vole
    Balenciaga Paris
    Lanvin Eclat d'Arpege
    Lalique Flora Bella
    Ormonde Jayne Frangipani Absolute
    Yves Saint Laurent Paris Premieres Roses
    Guerlain Oriental Brulant
    Hermes Caleche Eau Delicate
    Chanel Gardenia
    Van Cleef & Arpels Gardenia Petale
    Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Big love for this -- and you, whitefluffy Well said.
    Thank you, ExtremeK, for understanding and for very kind words. Love right back at ya

Evangeline - I agree with you: the fragrances I perceive as intelligent are not overtly sexy, Shalimar being the exception. I perceive it both as very sexy and very intelligent, plus it seems many fine gentlemen on Basenotes are not averse to its magic either. I think of Cuir de Russie, Coromandel, and l'Arte di Gucci as both intelligent and seductive. However, my choices were for the past the "game" stage: when lines are drawn and weapons are chosen; no compromise, no coming back. I hope it makes sense....
    Last edited by Whitefluffy; 19th February 2013 at 05:19 AM.

Sure, that make sense. I was just trying to make the point that to me, my sultry/sexy fragrances are never my most feminine ones ...but I'll add that my sultry and sexy perfumes are frequently the very same perfumes I consider intelligent. Not that I consider my ultra-feminine fragrances dumb or brainless of course, they just tend to be more blithe, breezy and carefree ...like a floral sundress.

Anais Anais by Chacharel!
    "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" John Lydon

I would have to say Christian Dior Miss Dior as most feminine. Even the bottle is adorable

It really depends on what is your perception of feminineness.
    For grown-up, elegant type of feminineness, I'd say (not in particular order):
    Joy (vintage)
    Parfums MDCI Enlevement au Serail
    Parfums MDCI Promesse de Aube
    Teo Cabanel - Oha
    Chanel No.22