Code of Conduct

Default DHI Box Confusion.

Hey Guys

The boxes of DHI were different right ?
    As in there were 2-3 types of boxes issued, correct ?
    Now, apart from the serial numbers, is there a way to identify the vintage through the box design ?
    Ive seen photo's of the 4 rectangle box and also the one with three lines, which one's vintage,i.e if there's a difference between the two.
    Also i came across a certain thread, where people had received a black collar bottle and still considered it pre-formulated, how is that possible ?
    Wasn't one of the rule of thumb for vintage identification the black collar ?
    Also what was the date of the reformulation and the last known vintage batch ?

Thanks a lot people, may god bless you for your time and your help
    Have a nice day.

Default Re: DHI Box Confusion.

Truthfully I never pay attention to the boxes when I receive them and ditch them soon after purchase. I'm sure whatever is in your possession is good stuff. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Truthfully I never pay attention to the boxes when I receive them and ditch them soon after purchase. I'm sure whatever is in your possession is good stuff. Enjoy it.
    I do the same, I don't keep the boxes.

But I have a sealed 2009 DHI and the box looks like this: http://www.basenotes.net/attachment....3&d=1242313298

The reformulated DHI comes in this box: http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6676/dsc03792k.jpg

For more info use this thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/285...d-review/page7

Same box. Vintage bottle has the silver collar. The reformulated version has the black collar.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Same box. Vintage bottle has the silver collar. The reformulated version has the black collar.
    No, the box of the vintage is like gid wrote above, like this
    http://www.basenotes.net/attachment....3&d=1242313298 and the reformulated dhi box is like this: http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6676/dsc03792k.jpg

And what comes to the collar, also in some vintage bottles has the black collar.

So the batch code is the most reliable indicator. May 2011 was the last month of vintage.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

The boxes are the same except for the indentation lines on the box of the vintage. The reformulated versions do not have any indentation lines on the box. The vintage bottles have the silver collar around the top of the bottle. The reformulated versions have the black collar around the top of the bottles. Both of my purchases were from the Dior Boutique in NYC. My Check your batch numbers on Cosmeticcheck.com It will tell you the month and year your frag was manufactured.
    Quote Originally Posted by df91 View Post
    No, the box of the vintage is like gid wrote above, like this
    http://www.basenotes.net/attachment....3&d=1242313298 and the reformulated dhi box is like this: http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6676/dsc03792k.jpg

And what comes to the collar, also in some vintage bottles has the black collar.

So the batch code is the most reliable indicator. May 2011 was the last month of vintage.
    Last edited by sjg3839; 17th February 2013 at 12:45 AM.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/283...BOX-VARIATIONS

Please find the time to browse through the above thread, a comment buy "Buysblind clearly states there are certain orignal formula's in black collar boxes, any insight on identifying those ?
    also, they were talking as if everyone knew the reformulation date, didi DIOR issue some sort of public statement ?

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    The boxes are the same except for the indentation lines on the box of the vintage. The reformulated versions do not have any indentation lines on the box. The vintage bottles have the silver collar around the top of the bottle. The reformulated versions have the black collar around the top of the bottles. Both of my purchases were from the Dior Boutique in NYC. My Check your batch numbers on Cosmeticcheck.com It will tell you the month and year your frag was manufactured.
    I was wrong about what i wrote about the box. The latest Vintage bottles have a new kind of box, for example, i have October and November 2010 batches and they are in the new kind of box. But what i wrote about the collar color, is valid. And that is: one can't determine alone from the black collar color alone whether one has vintage or not.

Logical test goes like this:

• IF one has a silver collar bottle THEN it is vintage
    • IF one has a black collar bottle THEN it is vintage OR it is reformulated
    (Marcel Rochas)

Agreed bro!The vintage bottle I have was manufactured in Jan 2010. The reformulated I have was manufactured in July 2012. I'm sure we agree that DHI is a great frag!
    I was wrong about what i wrote about the box. The latest Vintage bottles have a new kind of box, for example, i have October and November 2010 batches and they are in the new kind of box. But what i wrote about the collar color, is valid. And that is: one can't determine alone from the black collar color alone whether one has vintage or not.

Sure it is!
    (Marcel Rochas)

THis is what I have. All 4 of my DHI bottles have the lines across the box. Silver collar on all 4 bottles for me. My batch code is '0V01' for all 4 boxes.

PS: I keep all my boxes.

Understand the thread but as a general advice: DONT WORRY ABOUT THIS STUFF! Enjoy the juice. When one gets analytical about these things it takes away from the enjoyment.