Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances Similar to Bentley Intense for Men?

Hi, new to the fragrance game, and have been reading these forums to get some ideas. I blind bought a bunch of samples/bottles such as TDH, Aventus, Pure Malt, Encre Noir etc, basically the names I often see repeated with a good rep. They are all great in their own way, but the one that I can't get over is Bentley Intense for Men (bought a bottle of it). Anyhow, I guess there are certain categories of fragrances, so would BIFM fall under oriental scents? Or rum based?

Anyhow a few of questions:

1) What are other fragrances along the lines of BIFM that I may be interested in?

2) I understand that this is a "fall/winter" fragrance? So what's something similar that I could wear in the spring/summer?

3) Why are there such few reviews of BIFM? Is it because its new or a lack of distribution? (I gambled on the fact that the perfumer Nathalie Lorson had a good reputation)

Thanks

Default Re: Fragrances Similar to Bentley Intense for Men?

Bentley Intense I believe would be Oriental Spicy.....The reason for so few reviews that it is not widely distributed (at least in the US) so there are less people that have tried it. As for similar ones that would fit for the summer\spring:Gucci Pour Homme 2 might fit the bill....

While I wouldn't say they will smell the same, when I first sampled Bentley Intense, it reminded me so much of scents like Interlude Man, Epic Man and Memoir Man by Amouage, and also 2 Man by Comme des Garcons. Does it smell like them? No. Does it wear like them? There are enough similarities that I'd recommend sampling.

I really enjoy Bentley Intense. It's such a great one for the price.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Basenotes Plus

To my nose, Bentley Intense is similar to Amouage Opus VI, just a little lighter. If you like Bentley and are not afraid of something decidedly stronger, give Opus VI a try. Careful with this one though, one spray is usually enough to last you all day, it projects strongly.

Perhaps also Jubilation XXV to a small degree, but I think Bentley has more amber in it than incense. Sort of feels in the same family, though.

I think Comme des Garcons 2MAN is way different in direction, it's a citrusy smokey incense, whereas Bentley is a boozy amber. But I love 2MAN, it is definitely one you can wear easily in the summer. Heavy amber fragrances call for cooler weather, or at least cool evening nights in the summer, whereas something like 2MAN and Wonderwood (another CdG release) are great in the summer.

Gucci pour Homme I (brown bottle, discontinued) also sits in this space, more woody/cedary/incense/oud concoction. One of my all time favorite scents - own several bottles of it (backups) and am saddened it's been discontinued. You'll only find it on eBay at this point.

All these are great and FBW (I own them all). Bentley Intense is definitely way up there in the niche level category, a great surprise from what is really a 'designer' fragrance. Very well done.
    Last edited by remik; 30th January 2014 at 07:01 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Ooops, meant to type Gucci pour Homme I, not II... corrected the post above.

Bentley for Men Intense smells like a cheaper version of Lubin Idole EDP to me. Along the same lines as that.

As stated by my colleague above the only one that gives me the same vibe is Lubin's Idole

(3604)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned
    Blog Entries

GPH 1
    Odin 01
    CDG 2

Cedar and incense dominated scents

As others have said it smells slightly close to GPH 1 and it also has a Amouage DNA with the incense notes.

Idole de Lubin
    Jubilation XXV

for swap/sale:

To me, it shares quite a bit with Olfactive Studio's Chambre Noire.

Thanks for the responses!

I am trying to find the comparison to Opus VI and at the moment I can't see the similarity to my sniffer. I do like both fragrances and I have been wearing Opus VI lot lately. My though has been it reminds me a little like Frapin's Caravelle Epicee.
    Last edited by TNBLUEMIKE; 1st February 2014 at 02:26 AM.