Code of Conduct

Default Is Caswell-Massey discontinuing Tricorn?

Is Caswell-Massey discontinuing Tricorn?

I no longer find it on their site.

http://www.caswellmassey.com/search/...ywords=tricorn

I figured here would be the place to ask..

Default Re: Is Caswell-Massey discontinuing Tricorn?

Yes. It's gone. Caswell-Masssey hasn't been making the best decisions lately. I think the only men's scents they're keeping are Number Six, a newly reformulated Jockey Club, and the previously reformulated Newport and Greenbrier.

Tricorn is a decent frag.

I think Caswell Massey kind of lost its way in marketing a few years ago, introducing a lot of lukewarm offerings.

It's my favorite soap company, though, and the almond cold cream is my daily soap. And the company has real history.

I liked tricorn, too. I vaguely recall Newport was the only one I didn't care for, because it was so strong.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

there was a six pack of the almond soap at my local tj max recenltly and i have to admit it smelled like a prettty good quality to most of the other almond smelling soaps i have smelled...usually people look at me funny when i am in the soap sections of these types of stores because i am smelling everything in site and i am a guy.
    14 sprays of DRAKKAR NOIR should do it

Quote Originally Posted by lanky View Post
    there was a six pack of the almond soap at my local tj max recenltly and i have to admit it smelled like a prettty good quality to most of the other almond smelling soaps i have smelled...usually people look at me funny when i am in the soap sections of these types of stores because i am smelling everything in site and i am a guy.
    Yes, the almond soap often ends up at discounters. I find it at my local Stein Mart pretty regularly. Also, Caswell Massey puts it on sale to its regular customers pretty often. I don't remember the listed price, but I think I usually pay about five to six dollars a bar for it.

My first love is Santa Maria Novella's almond soap, but that's about three times the price.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

It seems Tricorn may have been a very nice fragrance at one point in time. I had a chance to dab on a small sample and was not happy with the overt powdery character and then rather forward vanilla into the dry down. It just didn't feel like it should have, based on the notes that have been described (which I think are more applicable to an earlier formulation). So... I'm VERY happy to have it off my list, as prices for those little 3oz bottles hit $100+ most of the time, which is money I'd rather put towards higher quality niche.

Basenotes Plus

I used to love Greenbriar before they reformulated it. That was pre-Basenotes, but I think I'd still love the old version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk